Child discovered in Port Charlotte po...

Child discovered in Port Charlotte pool dies in hospital

There are 50 comments on the News Press story from Aug 2, 2010, titled Child discovered in Port Charlotte pool dies in hospital. In it, News Press reports that:

Two-year-old Ethan Rafferty, who was found in his family swimming pool Wednesday by his mother, died at All Children's Hospital in St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Grand Rapids, MI

#42 Oct 8, 2010
I am so amazed of the ignorance of so many people. Danielle was a teen mom, so what. She loved her son. I myself seen this with my own eyes from the time that Ethan was born. I seen her and him grow together. I seen the way his eyes lit up when he seen her. Ethan was a little angel who brighten my day every day I seen him, I have cried many tears over his loss, and I cant imagine the tears that Danielle has shed and will shed in the future. People you need to look into your own life and worry about your own. Accidents happen thats why they are called accidents!!!!!!! Instead of condemning a loving, grieving mother maybe you should leave a word of sympathy.
employed by pool builder

Fort Myers, FL

#43 Oct 12, 2010
1st I like to say how sorry I am for this mother. I can't feel your pain. I have been lucky so far, not to have lost a child. But I feel for you. Please forgive these people who say mean things. It’s not all there fault. It is what some no good humans have already done in the past. For example…There was a case a year ago that the parents were out partying all night and as they ware sleeping off the drugs there child was dying in the pool. And how many cases parents have said the child was kidnapped and it turned out they parent killed them. But these mean people are forgetting the not be judgmental, they are not in your shoes. They do not know the story or your life.

2nd Pool code in Florida, a baby barrier or temp. alarms. Most people pick alarm and once the inspector leaves the homeowner removes the alarm or they do leave them on until they get tried of shutting them off. Most homeowners not go with the baby barriers, it blocks there view of there and they get a pool to enjoy. Removing the barrier can be a pain in the ass. All pools have to have a fence or be screen in.
Katelyn L

Ann Arbor, MI

#44 Feb 20, 2013
teen mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me but Danielle Rafferty is my friend, I know her personally and she was an amazing mother. She was not neglectful, she loved her son with so much intensity. What happened to Ethan was a horrible ACCIDENT. My five month old daughter and Ethan went to the same day care together at mine and Danielle's highschool. Shame on YOU, Connie for saying that she did this on purpose. You must be demented.
Who is this?? I knew her personally too and she was a good mother. I had no idea this even happened I only met that baby a few times. Is she okay??
Christina S

Athens, TN

#45 Apr 2, 2013
Connie, I can't imagine an accident like that happening to my kid but I know he gets into a LOT and I am in my 30s. He needs to be watched every second and sometimes kids get into trouble the second you're not expecting. It was surely an accident, the mother is surely grieving horribly, and you surely have an immature mind not just for your atrocious comments but also for your atrocious spelling. Grow up.

Enola, PA

#46 Aug 12, 2014
this is old now...but...that whole family is a peice of trash starting from "meema" down...they don't respect their childen...any of them..they are all selfish.....and they all deserve whatever pain they get

Port Charlotte, FL

#47 Jul 28, 2017
shame on teen parents wrote:
<quoted text>

Well let me say you shouldnt talk!you say you hope god finds away to punish connie's sad existince!well lori i think you shouldnt talk cause apprently you belive in karma and i guees this horrible things maybe your being punished cause ur a awfu person
No she's not awful!! She was grieving and shocked by the comments. Quick to judge...

Port Charlotte, FL

#48 Jul 28, 2017
fla wrote:
this is old now...but...that whole family is a peice of trash starting from "meema" down...they don't respect their childen...any of them..they are all selfish.....and they all deserve whatever pain they get
What's your name. So I can know who I'm directing my words towards. This is all lies and you sound like your angry with something else.

Port Charlotte, FL

#49 Jul 28, 2017
connie wrote:
it's a shame another port charloote child is dead due to the neglect of theses teenage and young parents who cant watch there children.i say investagate this mom in and out cause she should have been up and not sleeping that time in the morning.and exspecailly leaving a door open to a pool area.maybe it was done on purpose to make it look like a accident to get out of being a parent.shame on that mom
You sound like a very hateful person. The door wasn't open. It was open when the Emts arrived. Not before. I like how you can make such quick judgement off something with barely any info.

Port Charlotte, FL

#50 Jul 28, 2017
Family wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know what is going on? This is a horrible tragedy and the doors were NOT left open. He got through them. What is wrong with you people? A baby just died! Do you know how bad it would be if his mother somehow saw these comments? Let her grieve. This was a horrible accident.
I do see these comments.. I live with what happend for the rest of my life.

Port Charlotte, FL

#51 Jul 28, 2017
Meema wrote:
<quoted text>

What grade are you in? Apparently you must be in 1st because your English is some of the poorest I've seen. Just supports yet again how ignorant some people are. I really do pity your sad existance too but I draw comfort from the fact that you have to live with being the person you are for the rest of your life. I do believe in karma and it will come back to you ten fold......
She was grieving! Also she was shocked and upset by the comments. You seem like you we're just being rude. It's easy to hide behind a screen and talk down to someone grieving their grandchild. This sickens me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punta Gorda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Mar 10 Kim Lowery 128
News Spring Training on the Suncoast Mar 2 Frodo 1
News Fight between Cactus Jacks employees raises rac... Feb 26 Furious Floridian 1
News Racist rant caught on camera at Fla. restaurant Feb 26 Floridian 1
News Cape Coral Bike Night Feb '18 FBI Warning 1
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Nov '07) Feb '18 Angela Renee DeAn... 77
Lawsuit lawyer (Apr '14) Jan '18 Ryan 3

Punta Gorda Jobs

Personal Finance

Punta Gorda Mortgages