Area gun sales, fears rising

Nov 14, 2012 Full story: North Port Sun 7,569

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Full Story
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#5539 Feb 22, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>When are you moving ?
I'm kind of a home buddy ...
just another guy

United States

#5540 Feb 22, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm kind of a home buddy ...
The kind of buddy that moves into your home , craps in the corner, eats your food, runs up the phone bill, and steals your credit card.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#5541 Feb 22, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind of buddy that moves into your home , craps in the corner, eats your food, runs up the phone bill, and steals your credit card.
And that, my friend, suits you perfectly ...

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

#5542 Feb 22, 2013
Obama to Disabled Vets " No Guns for You"
http://patriotaction.net/forum/topic/show...

An Open Letter to Obama from a Columbine Survivor
http://patriotaction.net/forum/topic/show...

'NRA New Ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
OLD MITCH

Port Charlotte, FL

#5543 Feb 22, 2013
Man I have made a pile of money from the sale of old junk guns that 2 years ago I couldn't give away. I got almost $3000 for a Ak47 that I paid less than $300 for. Love it! But in 2 years from now they will be back down to $300. I will pay my dues to the NRA so they will put out some more Bull so I can make more MONEY! LOVE THAT NRA FOR SURE!

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5544 Feb 23, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it works -- it's the usless laws that don't!!! There are more than 130,000 federally licensed firearms dealers in the US. Compare that with a 144,000 gas stations nation wide or 137,000 grocery stores – are you getting the picture here? The US has the highest gun ownership rate in the world – there are 89 guns for every 100 Americans, compared to 4 in the UK and Canada. The murder figures are astounding; the Brits show around 550 murders per year. In 2011 there were 12,664 murders in the US, 8,583 were caused by firearms.
Your count would include all C&R collectors and all other types of FFLs. See http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html

Once again you illustrate your lack of attention to detail and the ability to comprehend the information you read.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#5545 Feb 23, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your count would include all C&R collectors and all other types of FFLs. See http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html
Once again you illustrate your lack of attention to detail and the ability to comprehend the information you read.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away
Your inability to learn facts and skills to apply them is spectacular!

Kings Mountain, NC

#5546 Feb 23, 2013
Gaining Momentum: Now 44 Gun Companies Have Stopped Selling to Law Enforcement In Anti-2nd Amendment States
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/23/ga...

Kings Mountain, NC

#5547 Feb 23, 2013
Responding to Piers Morgan: "Why Does Anyone Need an Assault Rifle?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

MSNBC:‘Racist’ NRA Afraid Of ‘Dark People’
http://www.westernjournalism.com/msnbc-racist...

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5548 Feb 23, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away
Your inability to learn facts and skills to apply them is spectacular!
I provide you with a complete list of all FFL licenses and type directly from the ATF. You then accuse me of not knowing facts. Do you know what a C&R is? Is a C&R license holder a dealer?

As usual you dismiss any valid source of information. In another thread I provided you with information from a liberal source. You then accuse me of using talking points. Your level of ignorance is astounding.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#5549 Feb 23, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I provide you with a complete list of all FFL licenses and type directly from the ATF. You then accuse me of not knowing facts. Do you know what a C&R is? Is a C&R license holder a dealer?
As usual you dismiss any valid source of information. In another thread I provided you with information from a liberal source. You then accuse me of using talking points. Your level of ignorance is astounding.
Your website explains nothing, the fact remains that we have over a hundred thousand individuals that are licensed to sell guns to anyone, your idiotic post does not address any of my points – why, because you have nothing but fantasies!

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5550 Feb 23, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Your website explains nothing, the fact remains that we have over a hundred thousand individuals that are licensed to sell guns to anyone, your idiotic post does not address any of my points – why, because you have nothing but fantasies!
It doesn’t explain anything. It lists all the of FFL holders which means all licensed dealers are listed. Do you need step by step explanation to understand anything? I provided you a link to EVERY FFL holder. You of course claim it’s useless.

We do NOT have over 100,000 individuals licensed to sell guns. Every liberal source takes the total number of FFL licenses without regard to license type. They assume every licensee sells guns. That’s simply not the case. Worse, the sources feed off misinformation from each other.

Many are C&R holders which can deal only in old arms. Most C&R holders are collectors, not resellers. Some FFL holders only provide transfer services and don’t sell anything but service.

You want it broken down so even an idiot can understand it? www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/121611-fire...

2010 there were 47,664 licensed dealers *NOT* over 100,000. That doesn’t mean more than 47,000 gun stores. Again, many license holders only provide transfer services. Contrary to what you believe the number of FFL licenses have dropped over the decades. There was a slight increase from 09 to 10. In 1990 there were 235,684 FFL holders, that dropped to the 47,664 in 2010.

This tries to explain the confusion. http://www.politifact.com/georgia/statements/...

Even though they conclude the claim is mostly true they conclude there *as many as* 25,000 businesses selling guns. A long way from your false claim of 130,000.

You speak of fantasy; my numbers come directly from the ATF. Where do your numbers come from?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5551 Feb 23, 2013
One thing's for sure... all this firearms talk by conservatives is sure boosting sales.

Sort of a self fulfilling prophesy!

Kings Mountain, NC

#5552 Feb 23, 2013
Law Student "Schools" Policeman On His Gun Rights
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#5553 Feb 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
One thing's for sure... all this firearms talk by conservatives is sure boosting sales.
Sort of a self fulfilling prophesy!
Do tell: who started all this firearms talk in the first place?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5554 Feb 23, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell: who started all this firearms talk in the first place?
The murderers did.

Or should I say, mass murderers? Feel free to select either or both options.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#5555 Feb 23, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>It doesnÂ’t explain anything. It lists all the of FFL holders which means all licensed dealers are listed. Do you need step by step explanation to understand anything? I provided you a link to EVERY FFL holder. You of course claim itÂ’s useless.

We do NOT have over 100,000 individuals licensed to sell guns. Every liberal source takes the total number of FFL licenses without regard to license type. They assume every licensee sells guns. ThatÂ’s simply not the case. Worse, the sources feed off misinformation from each other.

Many are C&R holders which can deal only in old arms. Most C&R holders are collectors, not resellers. Some FFL holders only provide transfer services and donÂ’t sell anything but service.

You want it broken down so even an idiot can understand it? www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/121611-fire...

2010 there were 47,664 licensed dealers *NOT* over 100,000. That doesnÂ’t mean more than 47,000 gun stores. Again, many license holders only provide transfer services. Contrary to what you believe the number of FFL licenses have dropped over the decades. There was a slight increase from 09 to 10. In 1990 there were 235,684 FFL holders, that dropped to the 47,664 in 2010.

This tries to explain the confusion. http://www.politifact.com/georgia/statements/...

Even though they conclude the claim is mostly true they conclude there *as many as* 25,000 businesses selling guns. A long way from your false claim of 130,000.

You speak of fantasy; my numbers come directly from the ATF. Where do your numbers come from?
There go those crickets chirping again.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#5556 Feb 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>The murderers did.
Or should I say, mass murderers? Feel free to select either or both options.
Really now? I don't recall any murderers starting this discussion. What I do recall is a mass murder that took place, and Democrats starting this discussion. Not only did they start the discussion, they threatened citizens with bans on assault weapons and magazine sizes. I recall Joe Biden stating that DumBama will use executive orders to pass legislation against guns if need be.

After that, guns flew off the shelves and ammunition disappeared. A huge increase in CCW applications and ammunition so scarce that even police can't get their hands on any. Ammunition manufacturers working 24/7 and still can't keep up with demand.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5557 Feb 23, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really now? I don't recall any murderers starting this discussion. What I do recall is a mass murder that took place, and Democrats starting this discussion. Not only did they start the discussion, they threatened citizens with bans on assault weapons and magazine sizes. I recall Joe Biden stating that DumBama will use executive orders to pass legislation against guns if need be.
After that, guns flew off the shelves and ammunition disappeared. A huge increase in CCW applications and ammunition so scarce that even police can't get their hands on any. Ammunition manufacturers working 24/7 and still can't keep up with demand.
I know. I'm beginning to believe Obama has been bribed by gun makers and gun manufacturers too!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5558 Feb 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I know. I'm beginning to believe Obama has been bribed by gun makers and gun manufacturers too!
yeap Obama and the Gun Industry are working in sense together which Obama & the Democrats are helping guns sales go through the roof and its another example of Keynesian economics(Government Intervention) being applied.

Keynesian economics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keynesian_econom...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punta Gorda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 24 min stryk 2,984
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 15 hr Morrocan 2,140
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Mon Liberal forever 2,526
sex in or near port charlotte fl (Feb '07) Sep 26 footnmouth 21
Review: Laishley Crab House (Dec '09) Sep 25 tommy tom 50
Arrests made in Charlotte County homicide inves... Sep 24 5050xxx 1
Port Charlotte Pediatrician is indifferent Sep 24 pcno 1

Rip Current Statement for Charlotte County was issued at September 30 at 4:42AM EDT

Punta Gorda Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Punta Gorda Jobs

Punta Gorda People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Punta Gorda News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Punta Gorda

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]