Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7573 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#5325 Feb 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad you refuse to read son. You would learn something.
Then again, you really aren't interested in in learning a thing, son.
Please show us what part of your lie I did not read..........LOL

On post # 46912 here http://www.topix.com/forum/us/politics/TKPEED...

The moron yea claimed that the burden of proof falls on the defense even after I had posed a link from a legal law lib ray showing what everyone else knows that the burden of proof falls on the prosecution……

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please post a link that shows that???
Would you like the link again that proves you wrong???
Burden of proof is on the prosecution.........
http://nationalparalegal.edu/conlawcrimproc_p ...
lol! Nope. Don't need to son.

That's the defense's job. Even a dumb person would know that!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5326 Feb 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Yeah, you're probably right.
I guess you simply can't stand having your opinions trumped by history that you have this need to avoid subjects you bring up and find smaller battles to win.
I win all battles large or small. Again I ask, what part of the Constitution forbade the Louisiana purchase?

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5327 Feb 16, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
What discrepancy? You can’t even understand the difference between ‘national debt’ and debt as a ‘percentage of GDP’ your ignorance is spectacular
Really? There’s a large discrepancy from what you claim and reality. There’s also a discrepancy between the charts.

Your charts indicates Bush generated more debt than Obama. That’s not true. Under Obama the debt has grown more in 4 years than it did in Bush’s 8 years.

The second chart does indeed show debt as a percentage of GDP. It shows on thing and attempts to play what-if on another.

Their claim is if the Republicans balanced their budget the debt would be near 0 percent of GDP and Obama would increase that to 30% of GDP. Their graph shows a great increase after Obama took office. Currently around 110% of GDP.

The Democrats claim we don’t have a debt problem, they claim we have a revenue problem and refuse to increase taxes on anyone making under $400K. WTF?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5328 Feb 16, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I win all battles large or small. Again I ask, what part of the Constitution forbade the Louisiana purchase?
Funny. I don't recall you asking in the first place.

But as cons are so fond of pointing out, the Constitution limits what the federal government is allowed to do.

So much for what you want to go back to son. As I pointed out, even Jefferson realized what he was doing wasn't explicitly written.

But that still didn't stop him, or Congress.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5329 Feb 16, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You do have a lot of hubris son...

... no matter what the facts or history says.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5330 Feb 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. I don't recall you asking in the first place.
But as cons are so fond of pointing out, the Constitution limits what the federal government is allowed to do.
So much for what you want to go back to son. As I pointed out, even Jefferson realized what he was doing wasn't explicitly written.
But that still didn't stop him, or Congress.
Kind of sounds like what we have today.

Since your memory is so short, I'm going to quote myself:
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell, what Constitutional issue are you referring to?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5331 Feb 16, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I stand corrected. You and I would agree on alot more than you might think. I mean I do support same sex marriage. But only because I am for equality for all. No matter there sex.
And yes DEFUND DEA ATF TSA AND HOMELAND SECURITY.........also NEA. OH AND DESTROY THE FEDERAL RESERVE.......
I don’t know about destroying the Federal Reserve. We certainly should put a leash on them. TSA and Homeland Security, agreed.

Marriage and civil unions are not the same. They may have the same outcome but one is steeped in religion and the other is essentially a contract. On this issue I don’t care either way. I do believe in equal opportunity tied to education, career and housing. Beyond that it’s up to each of us. I do not believe equal outcome is wise or even possible.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5334 Feb 16, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
So genius how do you think the debt has got here? It's an accumulation of previous administrations with the exception of Clinton!! Obama added a small (granted there is nothing small about the national debt) portion to it!! I know you troglodytes hate it but the fact remains it’s the republicans that are mostly responsible for it!! Look at the numbers - yemoron!! The debt went up during Clinton's years only because of $2.2 Trillion interest on the Reagan-Bush debt. Also Clinton paid off most the remaining WWII debt.
The national debt under Clinton increased by 37%

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5335 Feb 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually no son. OTOH, it's already proven to be true.
Still spouting your ignorance, huh? How many times does this have to be explained to you???

The defense does NOT have to prove absolute innocence you dweeb. The only thing they have to do is raise reasonable doubt of guilt...period. If there is ANY reasonable doubt, or to put it another way, the slimmest possibility that the defendant is not guilty, the defendant walks. That is why the PROSECUTION must prove their case BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT in order to get a conviction.

Do yourself a favor. If you ever find yourself in court, make damn sure you do not defend yourself.

Southeast Virginia

#5336 Feb 17, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats claim we don’t have a debt problem, they claim we have a revenue problem and refuse to increase taxes on anyone making under $400K. WTF?
Which is also complete BS on their part. I don't make anywhere near $400K/year. And I just got hit for an extra $2000 this year just in social security taxes.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5338 Feb 17, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is also complete BS on their part. I don't make anywhere near $400K/year. And I just got hit for an extra $2000 this year just in social security taxes.
If you smoke cigarettes, you are out hundreds of dollars since DumBama invaded the White House. "Nobody making under $250,000 will see a tax increase of any kind." I think that was one of the first promises he broke, and he wasn't even in office a month. After that, lying just became a daily thing with him.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Fruitport, MI

#5345 Feb 17, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
If you buy gas, ride a bus or buy any product that was shipped or trucked to you you paid hundreds if not thousands more in taxes
Don't forget the biggest "tax" of all, the Fed creating money from thin air and devaluing the US Dollar in an attempt to forestall the coming economic collapse until they feel the time is right for them to seize control during the ensuing chaos.

First, they have to disarm enough of us...

Southeast Virginia

#5346 Feb 17, 2013
And don't forget about the single largest tax hike in American history.......Obamacare.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Fruitport, MI

#5348 Feb 17, 2013
Here's a few gun facts with citations that shoots holes (yuk-yuk) in the anti-gun nut's rants.

http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5349 Feb 17, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
When are you going to tell us where any law says the burden of proof is not on the prosecution?????
lol! That's your claim son, not mine.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5350 Feb 17, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
If you buy gas, ride a bus or buy any product that was shipped or trucked to you you paid hundreds if not thousands more in taxes
You don't have to tell me. I'm a truck driver.

His most recent attack on us was the usage of cell phones while driving. Okay, I can understand that, but what I don't understand is why the fine for the first offense is $2,400. If you get caught talking on a cell phone to your company, their first offense for taking the call is $10,000. Fines only go up from there.

My employer had to go out and buy a whole new set of phones because we use the Nextel feature on them. They allow you to use bluetooth while on the phone (which works like ship because of all the background noise) but you can't use Nextel communications with bluetooth. It doesn't work with bluetooth because Nextel is like a two-way radio.

Diesel fuel is around the $4.00 per gallon range right now. Trucks are about $7,000 to $10,000 more expensive because of all the pollution crap in trucks today required by law. The trucking industry can't afford liberals anymore. They're making us broke.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5353 Feb 17, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the moron is so stupid she believes the burden of proof rest on the defense
Even after the law was posted that proved her wrong she was not even smart enough to read and understand it
lol! I wish you would show me that law you keep claiming is out there but you can never seem to find.... you know, like your "215 suspect."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#5354 Feb 17, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
We have all read your claim moron..........LOL
Tell us why you hate when white people have a legal gun and stop animals from robbing them with a street gun???
lol! Really? I did?

Then you can show me this post? Or did you simply lie again because, well, it's just your way?

Wesley Chapel, FL

#5355 Feb 17, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
And don't forget about the single largest tax hike in American history.......Obamacare.
You'll love this

http://washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-urge-...

Southeast Virginia

#5361 Feb 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! That's your claim son, not mine.
LIAR!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punta Gorda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Sun Stuffstolenbysheriff 98
Nikki Smith ,Aaron steele Sun Bobcat can 2
News Should popular vote replace electoral college i... Dec 1 GloriusGoodness 30
News Man found dead in McDonald's bathroom in Port C... Nov 23 Unknown 1
News ZombiCon: 1 year later, no arrests made Nov 10 Wonder why 2
Local CNA arrested for sexually abusing patient Nov 7 Unreal 5
Paul Herman Kline (Jun '11) Nov '16 Fung Chang 26

Punta Gorda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Punta Gorda Mortgages