Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7566 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4346 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>... after all, you won't even post ONCE what a 215 suspect is.

Obvious you're not as intelligent as YOU believe you are!
Google it troll

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4347 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>... after all, you won't even post ONCE what a 215 suspect is.

Obvious you're not as intelligent as YOU believe you are!
Lets call him a code purple.........LOL

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4348 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
It must go to trial
Even after a jury finds Zim not guilty the riots will be bad
If it never made it to a jury that would be fuel for even more riots
They would claim the slave owners let Zim walk
It may not go to trial. If OíMara has a successful SYG hearing it wonít go to trial. We would have to deal with the aftermath.

I believe the odds of no trial is very slim, but itís still possible.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4349 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I've ALWAYS allowed for that option.
As I've said, I find it curious O'Mara keeps postponing the syg hearing.
Iím sure there is sound reasoning behind the postponements. With SYG they get one shot for a hearing. They better make absolutely certain theyíre ready.

Postponements arenít uncommon especially in high profile cases.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4351 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
It may not go to trial. If OíMara has a successful SYG hearing it wonít go to trial. We would have to deal with the aftermath.
I believe the odds of no trial is very slim, but itís still possible.
Yep.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4352 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well clearly if there was one, O'Mara was conceding it. So he must not feel it is an allegation.
Why wasnít George charged with perjury? http://bigstory.ap.org/article/george-zimmerm...

OíMara did not admit any wrong doing on the part of George Zimmerman. I would like to review OíMaraís exact wording in the court transcript.

Even the prosecution felt there wasnít enough evidence against George for perjury charges. Since itís not a proven fact it remains an allegation.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4353 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím sure there is sound reasoning behind the postponements. With SYG they get one shot for a hearing. They better make absolutely certain theyíre ready.
Postponements arenít uncommon especially in high profile cases.
From the defenses stand point? I'm sure. O'Mara has already state it will take a while to pour over the information the state has provided.

But that still tells me there's information the public isn't privy to and O'Mara is having problems with.

Postponements aren't uncommon, but they aren't automatic either.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#4354 Feb 3, 2013
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris Kyle was mentoring/sponsoring the shooter because of PTSD, you moron. If you are going to tell a story, tell the whole story!
Again, mental health is the issue, not the gun.
I most certaily agree your mental health has been at issue all along ...

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4355 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>From the defenses stand point? I'm sure. O'Mara has already state it will take a while to pour over the information the state has provided.

But that still tells me there's information the public isn't privy to and O'Mara is having problems with.

Postponements are very common in high profile cases

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4356 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Google it troll
I never bothered to look it up until now. Mostly because it really wasnít relavant to the publically available evidence. I probably should have.

http://www.thelawshack.com/Police_Codes.html

How is carjacking related to the case? I was only able to reference a 215 to California police codes.

Florida doesnít use such a code.
http://www.bearcat1.com/radiofl.htm

Did you Wiki? I find 215 there, but it states most are from California police code.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_code
I didnít plan to check Wiki, but was curious where you might have gotten 215 from.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4357 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is possible
But the aftermath would be horrible
At least with a jury with a few black folk they can't yell slave owners freed the killer
Potentially yes, but I donít believe nearly as bad as you believe.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4358 Feb 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>From the defenses stand point? I'm sure. O'Mara has already state it will take a while to pour over the information the state has provided.
I donít have any idea how many thousands if not hundreds of thousands of pages of discovery have been sent to OíMaraís office. Someone has to go through all of the material. One legal strategy is to bury some small piece of critical evidence in the mound.

Agreed, theyíre not automatic. But, far more likely in a high profile case the media is watching. The judge canít afford to make a mistake. Every detail is scrutinized.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#4359 Feb 3, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and meteorites also crash into cars......
It happens but very rare
Now did he kill one or 26????
You mean highly trained meteorites - yemoron!!

Wesley Chapel, FL

#4360 Feb 3, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certaily agree your mental health has been at issue all along ...
Of course you would conclude thatís what he said. Nice try.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4361 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wasnít George charged with perjury? http://bigstory.ap.org/article/george-zimmerm...
OíMara did not admit any wrong doing on the part of George Zimmerman. I would like to review OíMaraís exact wording in the court transcript.
Even the prosecution felt there wasnít enough evidence against George for perjury charges. Since itís not a proven fact it remains an allegation.
From your article....

"...The judge agreed and ordered Zimmerman returned to jail where he has been since turning himself in on June 3. He didn't perjure himself, but Lester said he knew his wife was lying.

"Does your client get to sit there like a potted plant and lead the court down the primrose path? That's the issue," Lester said in revoking Zimmerman's bond. "He can't sit back and obtain the benefit of a lower bond based upon those material falsehoods."..."
Frank

Oakland, CA

#4362 Feb 3, 2013
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris Kyle was mentoring/sponsoring the shooter because of PTSD, you moron. If you are going to tell a story, tell the whole story!
Again, mental health is the issue, not the gun.
Chris Kyle and his neighbor took a vet with PTSD to the gun range to shoot. The vet with PTSD, Routh, freaked out and shot both Kyle and his neighbor and took off in Kyleís truck. He was apprehended by the police shortly after.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4363 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>I never bothered to look it up until now. Mostly because it really wasn’t relavant to the publically available evidence. I probably should have.

http://www.thelawshack.com/Police_Codes.html

How is carjacking related to the case? I was only able to reference a 215 to California police codes.

Florida doesn’t use such a code.
http://www.bearcat1.com/radiofl.htm

Did you Wiki? I find 215 there, but it states most are from California police code.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_code
I didn’t plan to check Wiki, but was curious where you might have gotten 215 from.
I was being sarcastic

Code purple is for gang activity

He was a a 211 or burglary suspect
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#4364 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít have any idea how many thousands if not hundreds of thousands of pages of discovery have been sent to OíMaraís office. Someone has to go through all of the material. One legal strategy is to bury some small piece of critical evidence in the mound.
Agreed, theyíre not automatic. But, far more likely in a high profile case the media is watching. The judge canít afford to make a mistake. Every detail is scrutinized.
Legal strategy aside, it's clearly not as clear cut as many made it out to be... especially on the day of the event.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4365 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>Potentially yes, but I don’t believe nearly as bad as you believe.
Look at the Rodney king mess

Katrina

The Bay Area earth quake

Look at how sharpton and other well know black thugs reacted to this

They had Zim marked as a white KKK member the next day

They called for riots because he was not arrested

“Facts”

Location hidden

#4366 Feb 3, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>I don’t have any idea how many thousands if not hundreds of thousands of pages of discovery have been sent to O’Mara’s office. Someone has to go through all of the material. One legal strategy is to bury some small piece of critical evidence in the mound.

Agreed, they’re not automatic. But, far more likely in a high profile case the media is watching. The judge can’t afford to make a mistake. Every detail is scrutinized.
I have been taking bets on the odds of a camera in the court room???

I say not in. Million years

They can't afford a OJ mess

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punta Gorda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paul Herman Kline (Jun '11) Apr 19 RetiredLEO 23
Any Jobs (Oct '13) Apr 14 cat1622 2
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Mar '16 Keith Langenberg 91
News Teen found dead in car (Feb '07) Mar '16 sad 3
News Tell Mel: Don't cross Honest Ziggy's in North F... (Feb '10) Mar '16 FELTON 77
News Mother and boyfriend accused of abusing childre... (May '13) Feb '16 Eye witness 10
bike riders in Port Charlotte Feb '16 learntodrive 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Punta Gorda Mortgages