Area gun sales, fears rising

Nov 14, 2012 Full story: North Port Sun 7,569

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Full Story
discordia

Denver, CO

#3614 Jan 23, 2013
rider wrote:
In America, the threat of terrorism is real, but it does not originate with Al Qaeda alone. The danger of homegrown right wing political violence is just as real.
This week's Time magazine cover story on "The Secret World of Extreme Militias" sounds an alarm that cannot be ignored. The threat of terrorism is real, but it does not originate with Al Qaeda alone. The danger of homegrown right wing political violence is just as real.
The Time article describes, in chilling terms, the proliferation of heavily armed, right wing militias engaged in paramilitary training to resist the perceived "tyranny" of government authority. Time notes that although the groups and individuals of the violent right reflect a "complex web" of ideologies, "among the most common convictions is that the Second Amendment -- the right to keep and bear arms -- is the Constitution's cornerstone, because only a well-armed populace can enforce its rights." For the militias and their ideological soulmates, "any form of gun regulation, therefore, is a sure sign of intent to crush other freedoms."
The connection between the gun control issue and the threat of violence from the right is an important, but largely untold, story. The militias' view that the Second Amendment protects our other rights, by ensuring the potential for armed insurrection against the government, is indistinguishable from the long-held constitutional ideology of the National Rifle Association.
For decades, NRA leaders have insisted that the Second Amendment is not only about duck hunting or self-defense against criminal attack. Rather, as one NRA official so colorfully put it, "the Second Amendment ... is literally a loaded gun in the hands of the people held to the heads of government." NRA Executive Director Wayne LaPierre received loud cheers when he told last year's Conservative Political Action Conference that our rights as Americans mean little unless we are ready to defend them against the government by force of arms: "Freedom is nothing but dust in the wind till it's guarded by the blue steel and dry powder of a free and armed people .... Our founding fathers understood that the guys with the guns make the rules."
Th It also is revealing that Richard Mack, one of the sheriffs recruited years ago by the NRA to challenge the Brady Bill in court, is now a hero of the violent right. In an interview with the Time reporter, Mack referred to federal agents as "America's gestapo".
http://www.homepagedaily.com/Pages/article107...
I'm really scared, I'd better buy some more guns and ammo.

Your white azz would do well to look out for the strangers that would really do you harm mostly because ur white. Dumbazz
discordia

Denver, CO

#3615 Jan 23, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"wake up NRA only exisits to stimulate gun sales"
Obama and the democrats have done more for gun sales in the past 4 years and more, than the NRA could ever dream of.
News for virginia campus on lockdown

WTVR

Virginia university reportedly on lockdown after reports of a gunman on campus
Fox News &#8206;- 7 minutes ago
Newspaper says two alerts were sent to students via text and email saying, Hunker Down. Gunman on campus and Lockdown continues

I hope someone is armed. Or the killer only shoots liberals.
discordia

Denver, CO

#3616 Jan 23, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
It is against the law to become disorderly and cause a public scene when you were warned twice, in public, by a police officer, to calm down. When that fails, people get arrested.
"I think you're just another right wing guy who enjoyed seeing one of Obama's friends get embarrassed."
Who knew, or cared, he was "one of Obama's friends", BEFORE Obama stuck his nose into it...?
"If the homeowner had been Tom Delay or Shawn Hannity, you would be screaming that the cop was being a fascist."
Nah...that's just YOU, like Gates, wanting to turn it into a racist incident by playing the poor, oppressed black man...so why don't you go make up somemore racist BS to post.
Many blacks of all ages are violent, an 85 yr. old black man hit a 65 yr. old parking enforcer over the head with his cane, they never outgrow it.
discordia

Denver, CO

#3617 Jan 23, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
20,000 gun laws on the books and the Czar in Chief thinks more laws are going to make a difference.
That shows a true lack of leadership and logic.
All talk and no action never solved anything.
Obama wants to distract the country that his great failing is a lack of understanding on how to create jobs.
I heard he created 135,000 new federal jobs, probably as rewards to his fleabagging supporters.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3618 Jan 23, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
So post some proof my little troll or just keep making a fool of yourself
lol! Already have son. You just don't read... or can't... or both.

It's not my problem you want to look foolish. My guess it's one of your goals in life!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#3619 Jan 23, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
So post some proof my little troll or just keep making a fool of yourself
lol! Psst! And you're still a proven liar, son!

I bet you never get tired of hearing that?

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#3620 Jan 23, 2013
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. During the 1970s in Germany the US Forces had shoulder fired rockets with a nuke on them. W54. So if you were the law maker under your version of no infringement can I own a nuke?
Yes. Now where are you going to deploy it?
If the US government didn't want us as citizens to possess such a weapon, they should have stuck to Fat Man and Little Boy. The US Government was and is fully aware of the second amendment.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#3621 Jan 23, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>liar!!!!!
Prove it !

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#3622 Jan 23, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>your faux dictums are proof enough
More of the same. Try backing your claims.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#3623 Jan 23, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>why isn't a nuclear weapon a bearable arm?
damn sure like to see the gun nuts fight a nuclear bomb.
We don't have to. Who do you think will rise up against a tyrannical government? The entitlement recipients? Lmao! No! It will be the over taxed working people. Now, what happens if the government nukes us?
That's right! No funding for government salaries, pensions, or entitlements!

You were saying?

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#3624 Jan 23, 2013
rider wrote:
In America, the threat of terrorism is real, but it does not originate with Al Qaeda alone. The danger of homegrown right wing political violence is just as real.
This week's Time magazine cover story on "The Secret World of Extreme Militias" sounds an alarm that cannot be ignored. The threat of terrorism is real, but it does not originate with Al Qaeda alone. The danger of homegrown right wing political violence is just as real.
The Time article describes, in chilling terms, the proliferation of heavily armed, right wing militias engaged in paramilitary training to resist the perceived "tyranny" of government authority. Time notes that although the groups and individuals of the violent right reflect a "complex web" of ideologies, "among the most common convictions is that the Second Amendment -- the right to keep and bear arms -- is the Constitution's cornerstone, because only a well-armed populace can enforce its rights." For the militias and their ideological soulmates, "any form of gun regulation, therefore, is a sure sign of intent to crush other freedoms."
The connection between the gun control issue and the threat of violence from the right is an important, but largely untold, story. The militias' view that the Second Amendment protects our other rights, by ensuring the potential for armed insurrection against the government, is indistinguishable from the long-held constitutional ideology of the National Rifle Association.
For decades, NRA leaders have insisted that the Second Amendment is not only about duck hunting or self-defense against criminal attack. Rather, as one NRA official so colorfully put it, "the Second Amendment ... is literally a loaded gun in the hands of the people held to the heads of government." NRA Executive Director Wayne LaPierre received loud cheers when he told last year's Conservative Political Action Conference that our rights as Americans mean little unless we are ready to defend them against the government by force of arms: "Freedom is nothing but dust in the wind till it's guarded by the blue steel and dry powder of a free and armed people .... Our founding fathers understood that the guys with the guns make the rules."
Th It also is revealing that Richard Mack, one of the sheriffs recruited years ago by the NRA to challenge the Brady Bill in court, is now a hero of the violent right. In an interview with the Time reporter, Mack referred to federal agents as "America's gestapo".
http://www.homepagedaily.com/Pages/article107...
Lmao! Drink that Cool-Aid!

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#3625 Jan 23, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>"wake up NRA only exisits to stimulate gun sales"

Obama and the democrats have done more for gun sales in the past 4 years and more, than the NRA could ever dream of.
Bingo!

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#3626 Jan 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Already have son. You just don't read... or can't... or both.

It's not my problem you want to look foolish. My guess it's one of your goals in life!
Nobody has seen the proof you claim to have provided.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#3627 Jan 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Psst! And you're still a proven liar, son!

I bet you never get tired of hearing that?
It's barefoot!

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#3628 Jan 23, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard he created 135,000 new federal jobs, probably as rewards to his fleabagging supporters.
Every one of those jobs are a negative for the economy because the money comes from taxation and that means less money in circulation.

A private employer creates jobs from profit and the money creates demand and profit fueling more jobs.

Obama is sucking the life out of the economy and bloating the government with more worthless bureaucrats who create more regulation that burdens the private sector.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3629 Jan 23, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Your astounding deduction that people following the law are law-abiding citizens is absolutely remarkable - no one ever thought of that before itís a true brake-thru for you!! How many times were dropped on your retarded head as a child?
And you know the definition don't you???

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result every time.

There are over 20,000 gun laws on the books nationally now. If 20,000 gun laws are NOT doing the job because the criminals WILL NOT FOLLOW THEM.......What the hell good is MORE going to accomplish, you fucking retard??? Well, other than making it harder for the law-abiding citizen to obtain firearms under the guise of "helping the children". Hey...wait a minute..........

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3630 Jan 23, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and the democrats have done more for gun sales in the past 4 years and more, than the NRA could ever dream of.
Nail on the head!!!

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#3631 Jan 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Already have son. You just don't read... or can't... or both.

It's not my problem you want to look foolish. My guess it's one of your goals in life!
Back to the invisible post again

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#3632 Jan 23, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Psst! And you're still a proven liar, son!

I bet you never get tired of hearing that?
Too bad you can't post this claim of yours......
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#3633 Jan 24, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Many blacks of all ages are violent, an 85 yr. old black man hit a 65 yr. old parking enforcer over the head with his cane, they never outgrow it.
So are whites. You liked those democratic "Jim Crow" laws of the 1800's didn't you...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punta Gorda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cynthia Ott 1 hr Ash 2
Derick with silver porsche 5 hr Anyone 7
DEAN KIMBALL LIKES Married Women 11 hr Run 10
TV show "COPS" may be in Fort Myers Tue mike c 1
Review: Gonzalez Tire Feb 20 Sinphonite 1
Tell me about Port Charlotte Feb 19 ikeM 8
Paul Herman Kline (Jun '11) Feb 19 Guest 15
Punta Gorda Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Punta Gorda People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:55 am PST

Yahoo! Sports 7:55AM
Free agent QB McCown visiting Browns
NBC Sports 8:23 AM
AP source: Quarterback Josh McCown visiting Browns
NFL 4:36 PM
Mike Wallace being shopped by Miami Dolphins
CBS Sports 6:24 PM
Report: Dolphins attempting to trade Mike Wallace
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
5 Offseason Predictions for the Dolphins