Area gun sales, fears rising

Nov 14, 2012 Full story: North Port Sun 7,569

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Full Story

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3267 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
EQUAL RIGHTS MORON EQUAL RIGHTS.....Wow you inbred toothless uneducated fools are stupid as a stump....
"Equal Rights" means equal opportunity, NOT equal outcome, moron.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3268 Jan 20, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
"Equal Rights" means equal opportunity, NOT equal outcome, moron.
YOU SAID IT RIGHT ON.....Every same sex person should have equal opportunity to get married...You do get it now dont you?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3269 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I carry my 44 mag revolver ,a revolver is much better then a semi-auto...That is on me....Always have a shotgun in my truck...
Great. When your attacker does have a semi-automic pistol, good luck with your revolver. LOL! Not that I believe you own a firearm anyway.

Southeast Virginia

#3270 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have have a conceal carry permit and belong to a gun club and shoot often....And again I will say best gun for home defense is a shotgun.....If a guy is comeing at me in dark and he is 20 feet away and I blast him with my 12 gauge he wont be moving anytime soon....Oh and if I miss him I wont kill my kids sleeping in next room through the wall..
Depends on what kind of shells you are using.

Southeast Virginia

#3271 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU SAID IT RIGHT ON.....Every same sex person should have equal opportunity to get married...You do get it now dont you?
I never said anything to the contrary. However, marriage is a religious institution. Civil unions are done by a justice of the peace.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#3272 Jan 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. When your attacker does have a semi-automic pistol, good luck with your revolver. LOL! Not that I believe you own a firearm anyway.
My "luck" is better with my revolver..One it is twice as accurate as a wild shooting semi....Also my 44 mag will take your head off...hard to shoot with no head....RIGHT????

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#3273 Jan 20, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything to the contrary. However, marriage is a religious institution. Civil unions are done by a justice of the peace.
OOOO NOW YOU TWIST AND TURN AND TRY TO CHANGE WHAT YOU SAID..

Typical nazi pig....RELIGION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A CIVIL CONTRACT...GOT THAT..........

Tell me are you for same sex marriage being legal?????????

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#3274 Jan 20, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on what kind of shells you are using.
12 gauge trap load. It wont go through a wall 6 feet away and kill person on other side of wall.....
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3275 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
12 gauge trap load. It wont go through a wall 6 feet away and kill person on other side of wall.....
Neither do hollow point bullets.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#3276 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
No your wrong..If we keep fighting like mad men over worthless assualt rifles then the gun haters will have ammo to say see see look they are all gun nuts insane....Why do you think the GOP is falling apart????? BECAUSE THEY LOOK NUT JOB INSANE...We have to make gun owners look sane and normal again not these toothless inbred wild shoot them up types nut jobs who think they need military style guns to hunt rabbit and deer...
No, you’re wrong. I will continue to fight because it isn’t about “assault weapons”, it’s about the 2nd Amendment. Contrary to your comments and belief, the 2nd Amendment provides more protection to the “assault weapons” than your “hunting” rifle. If you can’t stand side-by-side, shoulder-to-shoulder with other gun owners in this fight, then you are no supporter of the 2nd Amendment. YOU have become exactly what Obama is looking for…a sheep that will get to keep his “hunting” rifle (for now)…IF you fight his fight. YOU have fallen for the “divide and conquer” tactics.

This is a quote from DC vs Heller that was referencing the US vs Miller 1939 case;

“It is entirely clear that the Court’s basis for saying that the Second Amendment did not apply was not that the defendants were “bear[ing] arms” not “for ... military purposes” but for “nonmilitary use,” post, at 2. Rather, it was that the type of weapon at issue was not eligible for Second Amendment protection:“In the absence of any evidence tending to show that the possession or use of a [short-barreled shotgun] at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument.” 307 U. S., at 178 (emphasis added).“Certainly,” the Court continued,“it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense.”

Can YOU honestly say that the so called “assault weapons” are NOT “part of the ordinary military equipment” or that they could NOT “contribute to the common defense.”...? Does an "assault weapon" have "some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia"...?

“...who think they need military style guns to hunt rabbit and deer...”

Nope...don’t think that or “need” that but they are used for that. Oh, and BTW, the 2nd Amendment is NOT about “hunting”...or your “hunting” rifle.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3277 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
My "luck" is better with my revolver..One it is twice as accurate as a wild shooting semi....Also my 44 mag will take your head off...hard to shoot with no head....RIGHT????
See, this is why I don't believe you have any guns. Any novice knows it's not the type of weapon that guarantees accuracy. I can shoot more accurately with my .357 stainless steel revolver, but it's not because it's a revolver, it's because of the weight of the gun and length of the barrel. Also, any novice knows that unless you pull back the hammer before firing, it's less accurate because of the pressure needed to pull the trigger. With a semi-automatic, there is no hammer or pressure other than the spring of the trigger itself.

But next time I see a police officer, I'll be sure to tell them what you told me; get rid of their semi and go back to a revolver. LOL!
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#3278 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be made smaller....Ever hear of a dirty bomb....THE POINT IS I AM RIGHT....A NUKE DOESNT HAVE TO BE A HUGE MISSLE OR MASSIVE BOMB....IT CAN FIT IN A BACK PACK OR SUITCASE....YOU GOT THAT NOW??????????
Who cares...? It's not covered or protected by the 2nd Amendment anyway.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#3279 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Thing is the bills they are proposeing will not hurt any law abiding citizen....If you have a clean record and get permit which for law abiding citizen is easy then you will be able to buy same gusn next decade as last decade.....THE NEW LAWS ONLY EFFECT NUT JOBS AND CRIMINALS......UNDERSTAND FOOL?????????
I own over 20 guns......That is not the point here though is it........
You're wrong again. It's a direct attack against the 2nd Amendment...if you can't see that...then maybe you should take off your blinders.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#3280 Jan 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
HUGE MASSIVE LIE AND BS ON THAT ONE MORON.....A hallow point 9mmm will go through two layers of 3/4 inche sheetrock and still kill on other side.....WHAT A HUGE LIES YOU JUST TOLD..........LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR,....Heck I shot my 9mm through a old barn wall and still went through a old tractors engine hood.....And old barn wall is much stronger then sheetrock.

SO AGAIN LIAR LIAR

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3281 Jan 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a guy that is only thing that he will carry & prefers because I agree with what he saying about a Revolver that you know you dont have that worry about it Jamming like a Semi-Automatic Pistol has the chance of doing.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#3282 Jan 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to disagree with your comment here. Did you know Connecticut is considering a heavy tax on ammunition? Some other states and cities are doing the very same.
While states may have to adhere to federal laws, it doesn't mean they can't make your life hell. Yes, Illinois is being forced to create a CCW program against their will. That was a ruling by a federal court. I'm anxious to see what kind of hurdles they put in the way with their new program. I guarantee it won't be inviting.
I'm a CCW holder here in Ohio, but we have always had an open carry law. How many do you suppose openly carry a weapon? Nobody. If the police are called out because somebody reported you walking around with a gun in your holster, they can't charge you for carrying that firearm openly, but they can charge you with a host of other offenses like inducing panic or disturbing the peace.
Look at NY. With a stroke of a pen, several restrictions on firearms were put into law. Here in Ohio, police took the new CCW program personally at the time. They used to harass people just for having a firearm or even a license to carry one though they were unarmed.
Now our state has some of the most lenient CCW laws in the country, but it was a long hard fight. States and cities can and do restrict firearms one way or another.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kassP7zI0qcXX
Just because these States and cities pass these laws doesn't make them Constitutional. The 2nd Amendment states that the right "shall not be infringed". Not only do the states and local gov'ts have to comply with federal law...they are also under the same restrictions of the 2nd Amendment. That was the ruling in McDonald vs Chicago. The 2nd Amendment was "incorporated" under the 14th Amendment and is now applicable to the state and local gov'ts.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#3283 Jan 20, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares...? It's not covered or protected by the 2nd Amendment anyway.
So not all ARMS are covered in the 2nd???? So some are too dangerous for regular people to have???? I agree machine guns and grenades and assault rifles are too dangerous also...BAN THEM.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#3284 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOO I only get 10 rounds to kill someone not 15......WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA You must be a bad shot you need 15 rounds to defend your home.....Oh and also a shotgun is the best home defense gun anyway YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT? Since you need 15 rounds to hit anything you might end up killing your family or neighbors with the stray bullets....
Now it's looking more like you're a propagandist of the anti-gun crowd. Are you a "plant"...?

Southeast Virginia

#3285 Jan 20, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
OOOO NOW YOU TWIST AND TURN AND TRY TO CHANGE WHAT YOU SAID..
Typical nazi pig....RELIGION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A CIVIL CONTRACT...GOT THAT..........
Tell me are you for same sex marriage being legal?????????
Well since the post you responded is the first time I have spoken of it, I have not changed anything. "Marriage" has been a religious institution for over 5,000 years. And you are right. Religion has nothing to do with a civil contract, which is what you are seeking. You are not seeking a religious ritual, you are seeking a civil union so you can enjoy all the same legal benefits of a heterosexual civil union.

I have absolutely no problem if two people of the same sex who are committed to each other want the same legal rights as heterosexual couples. None whatsoever. But I will not agree to calling it a marriage and going against 5,000 years of church edicts. Sorry.

Southeast Virginia

#3286 Jan 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes they will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punta Gorda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) 11 hr melissasawlkristof 86
Review: House Call Vet - Scott Wouk DVM (Oct '09) Dec 14 goldenluver 12
Tell Mel: Don't cross Honest Ziggy's in North F... (Feb '10) Dec 9 shigs 75
Ronnetta Sasher Dec 6 udkm 2
Tax Payers Upset Over Penny Tax in Charlotte Co... (May '14) Nov 28 MelT 14
Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Dec '07) Nov 27 Fernandina Beach 32
Our Hope Center Holding Woman's Dog Hostage (Mar '12) Nov '14 Princess 7
Punta Gorda Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Punta Gorda People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Punta Gorda News, Events & Info