Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7574 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#3121 Jan 19, 2013
Tax ammunition $5.00 tax per shell.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#3123 Jan 19, 2013
Rocco wrote:
<quoted text>Nope! In am saying that the NRA and the gun shops are playiny you pugs for fools and it is working. BOOOOOOOOO!
Oslama has done great things for weapon and ammo manufactures

More ammo was sold in the last 4 years than in the last 40 years

223 was a penny each a few years ago and now they are a dollar each
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#3122 Jan 19, 2013
Tax gun sales at 50% sales tax.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#3124 Jan 19, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen ads uging people to "invest" in gold/silver.... Bullsh1t. I've invested in copper,brass and lead. I think I've made the better investment for the long run.
Just a few years ago cheaper than dirt sold 1000 round bricks of 223 for about 90 dollars

Today it is 999 dollars

Better than gold or silver for sure

“Facts”

Location hidden

#3125 Jan 19, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE IS SAYING TAKE GUNS AWAY OR KEEP GUNS AWAY......Now they do want to keep away WMD,S and militaryw ar weapons.....BUT ALL HUNTING RIFLES AND PISTOLS AND SHOTGUNS WILL BE OK AND LEGAL...That is all people need or should have anyway..WAR WEAPONS ARE NOT CIVILIAN ARMS.
A AR is not a war weapon

It functions just like any other semi auto hunting rifle
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#3126 Jan 19, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Speed limits ?
When was the last time you were on I-75 , the speed limit might as well be 100 MPH . Almost no one is going the speed limit.
Now lets get down to brass tacks .
When someone is pulled over for speeding or running someone over while being intoxicated their is no big cry from the liberal camp or our President to restrict everyone's driving privileges and this is not a Constitutional right.
Gun restrictions based on the actions of a very small minority of gun owners is nothing more then collective punishment.
Tell me why , when you purchase a hand gun you have to identify your race and also declare if you are Hispanic/Latino or not.
Is this a symbol of equal rights ?
Gun laws are just like locks ; The only work on honest people.
What outlandish and self-serving drivel! A car is a means of transportation and with millions of them on the road every single day accidents are unavoidable but have been reduced considerable with RULES AND REGULATIONS. What was it again you said about guns?

“Facts”

Location hidden

#3127 Jan 19, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>They look just like military weapon and with simple file and few adjustmenst can be full auto WMD..

So you think the 2nd amendment allows for the citizens to own what the military owns???
A mini 14 is easer to convert to full auto than a AR is

No file will convert a AR to fire fully auto
didja

Huntsville, AL

#3128 Jan 19, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
get a woody thinking about it?

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3129 Jan 19, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
A AR is not a war weapon
It functions just like any other semi auto hunting rifle
Then just buy another semi auto weapon....OH AND AN AR-15 CAN BE EASLY MODIFIED TO BE FULL AUTO....Most semi-auto rifle cant do that.....JUST FEW FACTS FOR YOU.

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#3130 Jan 19, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?????????? Wow my co-worker converted his AR-15 with a simple file and a spring.........real easy to do.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3131 Jan 19, 2013
Tony wrote:
Tax gun sales at 50% sales tax.
that was suggested years ago by the late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan (D-NY) but to tax gun ammunition but what your suggesting is what Mitt Romney did as Governor of Massachusetts and Newt Gingrich brought during the campaign too.

Moynihan Asks Big Tax Increase On Ammunition

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/11/04/us/moynihan...

Gingrich Hits Romney on Gun Tax Increase

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/dani...
AmericanMan

Rochester, KY

#3132 Jan 19, 2013
because wrote:
<quoted text>
your basic assumption that sworn LEOs and our legitimate institutions and military are your enemies is pretty insane.
No my assumption is legally there is no difference between a civilian police officer and a civilian. If you can find that law please post it. The police are not going to me happy if their assault rifles and 30 rd mags are outlawed. Military and Civilian matter has already been settled in the courts years ago. As of now Police can not use Military weapons nor can civilians.(Yes,,,, there are a few exceptions to this rule)Police and Civilians can own full auto which could have been Military at one time.
NO where did I post anything about enemies.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#3133 Jan 19, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>Then just buy another semi auto weapon....OH AND AN AR-15 CAN BE EASLY MODIFIED TO BE FULL AUTO....Most semi-auto rifle cant do that.....JUST FEW FACTS FOR YOU.
Wrong again

The AR is far more difficult to convert than a mini 14

A pre ban lower receiver just needs the parts dropped in, about a hour job to do it correctly

A post ban AR will require precision welding, heat tempering and machining

A mini 14 can be converted in about 20 minutes with common hand tools

“Facts”

Location hidden

#3134 Jan 19, 2013
didja wrote:
<quoted text>get a woody thinking about it?
Nope

That requires a full auto street sweeper or other high powered weapons

“Facts”

Location hidden

#3135 Jan 19, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>Really?????????? Wow my co-worker converted his AR-15 with a simple file and a spring.........real easy to do.
That is a lie..........

The trigger assembly does not work like that as it was designed to have a safe position, semi auto, 3 round burst, full auto.........

But the mini 14 or mini 30 can be converted as you describe but no spring needed

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#3136 Jan 19, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again
The AR is far more difficult to convert than a mini 14
A pre ban lower receiver just needs the parts dropped in, about a hour job to do it correctly
A post ban AR will require precision welding, heat tempering and machining
A mini 14 can be converted in about 20 minutes with common hand tools
Ill tell all the people who have very easy to convert it that they were wrong on how easy they did it....I will deal in fact...KEEP YOUR LIES

“Waytogo”

Location hidden

#3137 Jan 19, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lie..........
The trigger assembly does not work like that as it was designed to have a safe position, semi auto, 3 round burst, full auto.........
But the mini 14 or mini 30 can be converted as you describe but no spring needed
I likfacts better then lies...KEEP YOUR BS LIAR
qweewe

United States

#3138 Jan 19, 2013
If you are a slave then keep paying income taxes. We need to ambush homeland security agents. Kill as many of them as you can.

“Facts”

Location hidden

#3139 Jan 19, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>Ill tell all the people who have very easy to convert it that they were wrong on how easy they did it....I will deal in fact...KEEP YOUR LIES
Very obvious you know nothing about the weapon

Just look at the trigger assembly in a exploded view and you can see it won't work..........ROTFLMAO

“Facts”

Location hidden

#3140 Jan 19, 2013
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>I likfacts better then lies...KEEP YOUR BS LIAR
Your "friends" are the ones telling a fat gore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punta Gorda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Sep 20 Don Bergeron 122
Nude beach (Apr '13) Sep 20 Nudebuilder 15
cops harassing patrons at circle k Sep 18 Billy joe 1
News Mandatory evacuations issued for parts of SWFL Sep 18 Preacher 5
amanda hurst (Jun '14) Sep 15 leonard 3
Fpl Sep 14 Gean 2
RA Repair Shop in Port Charlotte Sep 14 August16 1

Punta Gorda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Punta Gorda Mortgages