Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7566 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#2823 Jan 15, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are a huge problem with terrorism as well as public health ... the cost to the taxpayer is enormous to the tune of $20.5 Billion annually ...
Every liberal I ever knew had brown eyes they were so fullash1t..... You ain't no different.

Since: Jan 13

Clearwater, FL

#2824 Jan 15, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Every liberal I ever knew had brown eyes they were so fullash1t..... You ain't no different.
So okimar, your are saying that the killing of 20 children is not an act of terrorism? The Gabby Giffords shooting was not terrorism? The Colorado movie incident was not terrorism?

Or are you saying that guns have no ill effect on society at all? What part of his post is "fullashlt"?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#2825 Jan 15, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
So, more than six million Americans are part of a terrorist organization. I’m sure you’ll share a breakdown at how you arrived at that asinine conclusion.
What I find incredibly amusing is that flaming ass Michael Moore is a member of the NRA. In fact, he’s a life member.
That doesn't surprise me although I don't recall him spewing off about guns recently.

Democrats like guns too. They need guns to protect themselves from other Democrats.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#2826 Jan 15, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and now he’s claiming it’s unpatriotic to not raise the ceiling and has indicated he may use executive order to get around congress again.
That's what dictators do.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#2827 Jan 15, 2013
webmaster wrote:
Hey Friends,
Congratulation to all. I am happy after reading your blog. I am a new member here. I hope all friends will cooperate with me in this community.
Thanks a lot!
Johns
Welcome friend. Jump in anytime you like.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#2828 Jan 15, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
So okimar, your are saying that the killing of 20 children is not an act of terrorism? The Gabby Giffords shooting was not terrorism? The Colorado movie incident was not terrorism?
Or are you saying that guns have no ill effect on society at all? What part of his post is "fullashlt"?
terrorism
noun
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#2829 Jan 15, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's administration has declared the Ft. Hood shooting was NOT terrorism. If THAT wasn't the others weren't either. I call them what they are,tragedies committed by deranged madmen. Firearms have just as a detrimental effect on society as cars,hammers,knives,drugs or any other ITEM used to take a life. I'd still like a study of what Psychiatric drugs these people were or were not on. Who dropped the ball where diagnosis/treatment was concerned? One report had it that the Sandy Hook shooter was upset that his mother was looking into having him committed because she was having trouble controlling him. SOMEONE had to know he was a problem. Just blaming an OBJECT isn't good enough.

Clearwater, FL

#2830 Jan 15, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
terrorism
noun
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
That is one definition. But terrorism can have no political aim at all. Common definitions of terrorism refer to any violent act intended to create fear (terror). In the 1920s for example, newspaper editorials sometimes called the gangsters like Al Capone and Bugs Moran terrorists. In fact, I recall reading an old editorial from one of the Chicago papers that referred to the St. Valentine's Day Massacre as "a repulsive act of criminal terrorism".

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

#2831 Jan 15, 2013
Journalists, Politicians Refuse to Post Lawn Sign saying "HYSTERICAL"
&fe ature=player_embedded
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#2832 Jan 15, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Every liberal I ever knew had brown eyes they were so fullash1t..... You ain't no different.
You should stop letting the NRA do your thinking, no one is going to take your guns away! What we are advocating is comprehensive and intelligent gun control. According to Homeland Security’s requirements the NRA is a terrorist organization.
The NRA and its cronies in congress have managed to suppress research and statistics compiled to support intelligent and workable fire arm regulations. Such as, ER statistics showing that a gun kept in the home is 43 times more likely to be involved in the death of a member of the household than to be used in self-defense. We are now a country where the exorbitant number of illegal guns has turned into a public health issue!
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#2833 Jan 15, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's administration has declared the Ft. Hood shooting was NOT terrorism. If THAT wasn't the others weren't either. I call them what they are,tragedies committed by deranged madmen. Firearms have just as a detrimental effect on society as cars,hammers,knives,drugs or any other ITEM used to take a life. I'd still like a study of what Psychiatric drugs these people were or were not on. Who dropped the ball where diagnosis/treatment was concerned? One report had it that the Sandy Hook shooter was upset that his mother was looking into having him committed because she was having trouble controlling him. SOMEONE had to know he was a problem. Just blaming an OBJECT isn't good enough.
Laughable, self-serving and pathetic ... comes to mind!!
just another guy

Denver, CO

#2834 Jan 15, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughable, self-serving and pathetic ... comes to mind!!
The best description of your posts I have seen.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#2835 Jan 15, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I was trying to use a practical argument, but ok, how about this example of "First Amendment" restrictions. I can say whatever I want, but that right in not unlimited. The government can restrict my right to slander or libel someone. Or suppose I'm a school teacher. Do you think I could get away with telling my 5th grade history class, "You know, that Adolph Hitler was really a fu**ing a**hole." I think I would probably find myself in a lot of trouble with the local school board.
A school teacher is employed to teach under a strict set of guidelines and that hardly means not lying but lying within a curriculum established by others.

Slander and libel laws over the years have been almost abolished except when it brings economic harm or in some cases extreme emotion harm but if I say that Bruce Springsteen is a great song writer and singer but a brain dead liberal piece of dirt and should be sucking his own dick except when performing , he has no chance in court because I have my right to my opinion.

There are very few restrictions on the First Amendment that survive court challenge or Sciencetology would not be considered a religion.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#2836 Jan 15, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stop letting the NRA do your thinking, no one is going to take your guns away! What we are advocating is comprehensive and intelligent gun control. According to Homeland Security’s requirements the NRA is a terrorist organization.
The NRA and its cronies in congress have managed to suppress research and statistics compiled to support intelligent and workable fire arm regulations. Such as, ER statistics showing that a gun kept in the home is 43 times more likely to be involved in the death of a member of the household than to be used in self-defense. We are now a country where the exorbitant number of illegal guns has turned into a public health issue!
You better start thinking for yourself.... That liberal defective gene you have has left you delusional. As far as "taking guns away",you're right. But that doesn't mean there isn't a lib wish list of gun laws with confiscation at the top of it. It has been a liberal hope for decades to disarm citizens. You can deny all you want but I find it ironic as he11 that a "comprehensive" gun "safety" plan ONLY took Biden TWO WEEKS to put together. This plan has laid in staffers' desk drawers for years waiting for an opportune time to suggest/implement it. Baby stepsSkippy,baby steps. That has been the course all along. The big question is WHY? WHY do the libs want to disarm America? Simple. The 2nd Amendment is the ONLY thing keeping you from dumping the rest of the Constitution. You value the 1st Amendment so long as its protections are useful to your leftist agenda. But without the 2nd you can curtail the free speech of others. You people are scared sh1tless of the 2nd Amendment and what it means to your political ambitions. Live with the fact that law abiding people are armed and will remain so.

Clearwater, FL

#2837 Jan 15, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Obama's administration has declared the Ft. Hood shooting was NOT terrorism. If THAT wasn't the others weren't either. I call them what they are,tragedies committed by deranged madmen. Firearms have just as a detrimental effect on society as cars,hammers,knives,drugs or any other ITEM used to take a life. I'd still like a study of what Psychiatric drugs these people were or were not on. Who dropped the ball where diagnosis/treatment was concerned? One report had it that the Sandy Hook shooter was upset that his mother was looking into having him committed because she was having trouble controlling him. SOMEONE had to know he was a problem. Just blaming an OBJECT isn't good enough.
Oh, haven't you heard, okimar? The Sandy Hook incident was faked, according to the right wing nutjobs I will from now on refer to as the "Sandy Hook Truthers". According to this particular right wing delusion, Obama had actors just pretend to attack the school and shoot kids, in order to make God-fearin', gun-lovin' patriots look bad. There was an article in the news today about the guy who brought six of the children into his house after they ran from the shooting. The poor guy is getting death threats from the right wing whack jobs because they think he was in on the "fake" attack. This poor guy just opens his home to six kids, and the right wing nuts see some sort of evil conspiracy in that?

Well, just keep at it. You loons are setting yourselves up for another great "conservative victory" in 2016, huh?

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#2838 Jan 15, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, haven't you heard, okimar? The Sandy Hook incident was faked, according to the right wing nutjobs I will from now on refer to as the "Sandy Hook Truthers". According to this particular right wing delusion, Obama had actors just pretend to attack the school and shoot kids, in order to make God-fearin', gun-lovin' patriots look bad. There was an article in the news today about the guy who brought six of the children into his house after they ran from the shooting. The poor guy is getting death threats from the right wing whack jobs because they think he was in on the "fake" attack. This poor guy just opens his home to six kids, and the right wing nuts see some sort of evil conspiracy in that?
Well, just keep at it. You loons are setting yourselves up for another great "conservative victory" in 2016, huh?
So what if we have a few loons on our side too... Whos to say he isn't some leftie saying sh1t,passing himself off as Conservastive? He IS a college perfesser after all. Lord KNOWS scads of them are libs. And more than a few off their rockers. I prefer to call it what it was,a tragedy committed by a deranged madman. We can blame the object all we want but facts are that it was a sick person using stolen arms in a "gun free" free fire zone. Want to prevent these in the future? Stop designating places as "gun free". Because when you declare them so sooner or later chances are they WON'T be for somebody with an agenda. Think about it.

Clearwater, FL

#2839 Jan 15, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>So what if we have a few loons on our side too... Whos to say he isn't some leftie saying sh1t,passing himself off as Conservastive? He IS a college perfesser after all. Lord KNOWS scads of them are libs. And more than a few off their rockers. I prefer to call it what it was,a tragedy committed by a deranged madman. We can blame the object all we want but facts are that it was a sick person using stolen arms in a "gun free" free fire zone. Want to prevent these in the future? Stop designating places as "gun free". Because when you declare them so sooner or later chances are they WON'T be for somebody with an agenda. Think about it.
The right has a "few loons"? You need to look at your side a little more closely. You didn't lose the election so badly because of "a few loons". You lost because the right is saturated with mental cases, and those mental cases are being led by the nose by the birther nuts, truther nuts, seccessionists, racists, pathological liars, and other assorted whack jobs that comprise your so-called "conservative leaders". I'm talking about Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Trump, Bolling, Ann Coulter, Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich, Palin, and all the other weirdos and misfits who stir up the right wing base. "A few loons"? Think again.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Dump American Eagle

#2840 Jan 15, 2013
Calm Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
The right has a "few loons"? You need to look at your side a little more closely. You didn't lose the election so badly because of "a few loons". You lost because the right is saturated with mental cases, and those mental cases are being led by the nose by the birther nuts, truther nuts, seccessionists, racists, pathological liars, and other assorted whack jobs that comprise your so-called "conservative leaders". I'm talking about Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Trump, Bolling, Ann Coulter, Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich, Palin, and all the other weirdos and misfits who stir up the right wing base. "A few loons"? Think again.
Barry Obama

Uncle Joe Biden

Harry Reid

Nancy Pelosi

Al Sharpton

Jesse Jackson

Michael Moore

George Clooney

Chuck U. Schumer

Dianne Feinstein

Barbara Boxer

Carol Mosely Brown

I could keep going but you get the point. The biggest laugh are the Hollywierd hypocrit folks crying about guns but get wealthy USING guns in the violent movies they make. The left is full of hypocrits who want guns restricted-but not THEIR guns. Just everybody elses.

Clearwater, FL

#2844 Jan 15, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Barry Obama
Uncle Joe Biden
Harry Reid
Nancy Pelosi
Al Sharpton
Jesse Jackson
Michael Moore
George Clooney
Chuck U. Schumer
Dianne Feinstein
Barbara Boxer
Carol Mosely Brown
I could keep going but you get the point. The biggest laugh are the Hollywierd hypocrit folks crying about guns but get wealthy USING guns in the violent movies they make. The left is full of hypocrits who want guns restricted-but not THEIR guns. Just everybody elses.
Apples and oranges. Let me ask you some questions about the people on your list:

Did any of them demand to see any president's birth certificate?

Did any of them yell "You lie!" while any president was addressing Congress?

Did any of them publicly boo an Iraq combat veteran just because he admitted to being gay?

Did any of them continuously call a woman a "slut" on their radio show, day after day, just because she testified before Congress?

Did any of them cheer wildly at a presidential debate because it was suggested that sick people who can't afford insurance be allowed to die?

Did any of them ever claim that any president was part of some secret conspiracy to install a Muslim caliphate upon the world?

Did any of them carry firearms to a forum where the president was giving a speech?

Did any of them suggest that certain states should succeed from the Union?

Do you really want to compare Harry Reid to Glenn Beck? Nancy Pelosi to Ann Coulter? Apples and oranges, my friend.

Clearwater, FL

#2847 Jan 15, 2013
maddmaxx7 wrote:
Obama pays his women staffers 13% less than the men.
Libs are soooooooo stupid.
Obama doesn't pay his male or female staffers anything. Employees at the White House are paid by the US Government. Obama has nothing to to with their salaries.

I would say "nice try" but it wasn't. A high school freshman knows that the White House personnel are government employees, and the President is not a private employer.

Right wing whackjobs are sooooooo stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punta Gorda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tell Mel: Don't cross Honest Ziggy's in North F... (Feb '10) Jun 25 Knowitalls irk me 78
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Jun 16 grace cararie 93
Nude beach (Apr '13) Jun 14 Fishperson 9
Any Jobs (Oct '13) Jun 9 CaseyM 3
News Drive-by bullets riddle Fort Myers home Jun 4 Ebunnyrae 8
health care (Sep '13) May 30 Wackjob 148
News 10-year-old bicyclist critically injured in Cha... (Sep '11) May '16 Kelcy frame 15

Punta Gorda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Punta Gorda Mortgages