Area gun sales, fears rising

Area gun sales, fears rising

There are 7574 comments on the North Port Sun story from Nov 14, 2012, titled Area gun sales, fears rising. In it, North Port Sun reports that:

Gun stores in Charlotte County have experienced increased sales since Election Day as local gun owners brace for an anticipated restriction of gun laws following the re-election of President Barack Obama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Port Sun.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2198 Dec 28, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
UNARMED CITIZENS ARE EASY TO CONTROL AND EASY TO ELIMINATE
Any honest Cop will tell you that many police desk jockeys'(who might possibly be called out on emergencies) hate rapid firing semi-auto rifles and high capacity magazines for the very same reason that the NAZI enforcers hated them. These technologies put effectively into the hands of citizen protesters and guerillas the same deadly strength that they themselves possessed. An unarmed citizen is easy to control and presents no threat to the dictatorial domination of totalitarian-minded government entities, which the NAZI were and America is rapidly becoming.
http://www.newswithviews.com/Schwiesow/jim199...
People, here's another example of twisted conservative deceit.
First, they talk about how they love their guns, so THEY ARE the ones who are armed.
Then, like good little Nazis, they ridicule peaceful protesters for getting beaten down by cops, instead of defending them.
Lastly, they claim that those protesters are the biggest threat with gun ownership.
No logic, no common sense, just lies on top of lies.
That's the lives conservatives live, and it explains their mass mental illness and separation from reality.

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2199 Dec 28, 2012
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are deluded.
I wish you were correct on homelessness killing. We would have fewer homeless and an incentive to work harder.
We were warned, by intelligent people, that this country was going to be a repeat of Nazi Germany, and you're the kind of sicko who's proving them right.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2200 Dec 28, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
7 trillion? You're out of your f**king mind.
Your leader, King Hussein,(you know, the fraud who won a f**king Nobel Peace Prize for NOTHING) is still sending American citizens to their deaths as we speak with his so-called "right war" in Afghanistan.
You'll never win, Zippy. You were born a loser.
lol! "Hey Straw man, you want to be treated like an adult, act like one.

You come off as a petulant, uneducated 12 year-old with anger management issues."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2201 Dec 28, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
Las Vegas teens who stockpiled guns and explosives held for plotting mass killing at school
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22539...
Tell us again why schools donít need armed guards and/or teachers?
lol! You know he's part of a militia group, right son?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2202 Dec 28, 2012
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...Ignorance at its best..yes you can own a tank and fighter jet...BUY ONE MISSLE OR ROUND OF AMMO FOR IT AND GO TO JAIL....THAT IS FACT.....And building any missle and buying any plutonium will get you into GITMO real fast..........NOW PLEASE TRY TO KEEP UP WE ALREASY HAVE MANY MANY MANY LIMITS TO THE 2ND AMEND.......MANY I AM SURE YOU APPROVE OF.....
So now that someone HAS answered your dumbass question, you go and move the goal post? LMAO!!! You didn't ask about the missiles or rounds for the tank or jet did you??? And please post the law where it says it IS illegal to own either.

And you would be WRONG about me approving of limitations to the 2nd-Amendment.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2203 Dec 28, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because it is a specious argument. And FYI, you CAN own tanks and jet fighters.....if you can afford one. Their are private individuals that own both.
As far as nukes go. Go ahead and build yourself a missile. It's not illegal. Good luck trying to find any weapons grade plutonium for it.
Really you say? And here I thought the the weapons couldn't fire.

Silly me.
Mid Term 2014

Greensburg, KY

#2204 Dec 28, 2012
Approaching 90,000

Sign the petition to deport cnn's Peirs Morgan for attacking the 2nd Amendment.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/dep...

You have to login to sign this petition, and of course whoever does will be on the list, but we must speak up.

CNN's Peirs Morgan was way out of line with his rant.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2205 Dec 28, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it does not.
The 2nd Amendment as passed by the Congress:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The 2nd Amendment as ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
As you can clearly see, there's nothing about "we should be able to own any weapon the military has"
Actually son, at the time, the militia was the military and people brought their own guns.

Besides, the point of the second amendment was "a well regulated military" under control of the federal government, which btw, they aren't.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2206 Dec 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, seriously. We don't have armed guards at our banks here. I'm 52 years old and have never seen one.
Bank managers don't want employees of any kind giving resistance to a bank robber. Let him (or her in some cases) rob the bank. Authorities will find them later. Most bank robbers are caught anyway. It's a federal crime handled by the FBI.
Really? Our first responders are local police.... especially since bushie initiated DHS.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2207 Dec 28, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to lose the "nukes and bombs" dialogue before I'll even begin to take you seriously.
Actually son, there was a college student (PhD?) some years back who wrote instructions on how to build a nuclear bomb. It wasn't because he was a terrorist, but I believe it was a thesis.

Guess what? When 3rd world countries found out, they wanted copies. The government nixed that in a hurry.

Oh, and btw, there is something American citizens can own but cannot export to other countries because it's considered "munitions."

Any ideas on what that might be?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2208 Dec 28, 2012
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's under threat. You whiny liberals would like nothing better than to eliminate the 2nd Amendment.
Tell us, is the Baretta M9A1 considered a "military grade weapon"? How about the M1911 .45? Do these "semi-automatic" sidearms belong only "in the hands of the military and nowhere else?"
lol! You idiotic cons keep trying to reinterpret the constitution while clamoring about your rights being taken away.

Go to Somalia. They have lots of guns and no constitution to limit you since they have no real government!

About time you bozos practice what you preach, don't you think son?

Southeast Virginia

#2209 Dec 28, 2012
AlaskaHunter wrote:
Can't wait to see you paranoid gun nuts cry when the take away your large clips and semi automatics ("military grade weapons" that belong in the hands of the military and nowhere else). The second amendment is under no threat. But yes, it appears that the age of unrestricted weaponry on the streets of America is coming to an end. It is obvious from the current buying spree in guns and ammunition that many of our nations gun nuts are anticipating a change in gun laws....
It is time for responsible gun owners and hunters speak out against the current NRA position and in favor of more restrictive gun laws. I am proposing that we need to ban semi-automatic rifles and large clips for starters as they have no practical purpose in the publics hands anyway. With this ban, we will need to have a brief buy back program after which time these guns will become illegal. The program can be funded by a new tax on firearms and ammunition, which will also serve to reduce the high incidence of gun fetishness in this country. As a final piece of this legislation we will likely see far more stringent requirements for eligibility for gun ownership. I have read enough angry blogs from gun nuts to realize that far too many guns are in the wrong hands.... We need to do more to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally unstable.
As for myself and millions of other gun owning Americans, our way of life will go on unchanged. We will continue to enjoy hunting with our traditional rifles and shotguns. And we shall have these and a handgun available to us in the extremely remote likelyhood of needing them to protect ourselves or our families, or neighbors, from some crazed individual who never should have been allowed to own a gun in the first place.
The funny thing about your whole rant above is that you honestly believe that passing ANY type of new weapons restrictions will make a damn bit of difference to the average criminal in the street. LMAO!!!

Criminals aren't allowed to own guns NOW. But you think passing more gun laws is going to make them start following the law all of a sudden??? Gullible much? Delusional much???

So tell the crowd...what exactly does "military grade" mean? Is the Remington 700, Winchester or Mossberg 12ga pump shotgun, or Colt 1911 military grade? Because that is exactly where I learned to shoot each and every one of them.

Southeast Virginia

#2210 Dec 28, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Really you say? And here I thought the the weapons couldn't fire.
Silly me.
WTF are you talking about?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2211 Dec 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you get the facts instead of spewing off opinions:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0933935.html
lol! This is like your Martin position, only now you're on the opposite side of the table!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2212 Dec 28, 2012
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. He moved the goal line and I pointed that out in another post. Moving the goal line is a prerequisite for a liberal to even remain competitive in debate. You all should be so proud.
lol! That's what fart news keeps saying.

Cons are finding out last years deal was a heck of a lot better than this years model. And they're crying about not getting it back.

They made their bed. So they should lay in it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2213 Dec 28, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about?
Well gee. He was talking about military weapons, such as tanks and planes.

Last I checked, the weapons systems on those devices don't operate.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2214 Dec 28, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny thing about your whole rant above is that you honestly believe that passing ANY type of new weapons restrictions will make a damn bit of difference to the average criminal in the street. LMAO!!!
Criminals aren't allowed to own guns NOW. But you think passing more gun laws is going to make them start following the law all of a sudden??? Gullible much? Delusional much???
So tell the crowd...what exactly does "military grade" mean? Is the Remington 700, Winchester or Mossberg 12ga pump shotgun, or Colt 1911 military grade? Because that is exactly where I learned to shoot each and every one of them.
lol! You know what's funny about this? Cons were crying and claiming Barney Frank created the banking mess because he "blocked" republicans from making laws to prevent the mess.

And here you are saying more laws don't do any good.

Playing both sides of the line as usual.

Southeast Virginia

#2215 Dec 28, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>That says it all !
Many of our founding fathers were business men or inventors at the very least forward thinkers and they knew nothing stays the same but politics.
For people to think the Founders thought 200 years from when they were alive men should only have muskets is an insane concept or they would have written "The right to keep and bear muskets".
As always Vet , I am not aiming my musket at you.
Understood, WIMA.

Southeast Virginia

#2216 Dec 28, 2012
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
BUSH LET TYHOUSANDS DIE AND SENT MORE TO DIE FOR HIS PRIVATE WAR....THAT HAS COST US 7 TRILLION,......How about cleaning off THE VILE EVIL ON YOUR GOP PORCH THERE NAZI........
AGAIN ANSWER THE QUESTION???? NOPE CANT OR WONT??????? You wont because if you answer with the truth I win.....
And Obama has spent just as much in half the time and IS STILL sending thousands to die. So what is your point???
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#2217 Dec 28, 2012
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama has spent just as much in half the time and IS STILL sending thousands to die. So what is your point???
Certainly not to iraq with a made up story and a lie, son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punta Gorda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Sep 20 Don Bergeron 122
Nude beach (Apr '13) Sep 20 Nudebuilder 15
cops harassing patrons at circle k Sep 18 Billy joe 1
News Mandatory evacuations issued for parts of SWFL Sep 18 Preacher 5
amanda hurst (Jun '14) Sep 15 leonard 3
Fpl Sep 14 Gean 2
RA Repair Shop in Port Charlotte Sep 14 August16 1

Punta Gorda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Punta Gorda Mortgages