2 men arrested in rape, killing of woman

Authorities have arrested two men they say kidnapped and raped a 45-year-old woman Dec. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Brooke

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Mar 16, 2007
i cant belive my cousin would do tht
SNARK

United States

#2 Mar 16, 2007
Lisa M. Ardine met Joseph Lee Zavadil and Duane Lee Sparks at the Punta Gorda RV Park in mid-December 2006. She was walking; they were in a Chevy Astro van. She and Sparks started talking. He let her borrow his cell phone. She asked for money and beer; he offered to buy. They all went to a liquor store, bought a fifth of brandy, and went to Sparks' home to drink.

ASK YOUR STINKING COUSIN TO EXPLAIN WHY.

Ardine's encounter with Zavadil and Sparks ended with her lying dead beneath a northbound Interstate 75 bridge in Sarasota County, her hands and feet bound with duct tape, another silver strip sealing her mouth. A month passed before two bridge workers found her decomposed body floating in 18 inches of water.
rod

Nashville, TN

#3 Mar 23, 2007
well this was a tragedy. no matter how or why it happened. my brother and i were not close for the last few years. though i still thought i knew him. the brother i knew would not have done this nor let it happen. for years i have seen this sort of thing on tv and mourned for the victim and their family. since this one particular incident happened to involve my brother i was stunned. have had nearly a month and it still hasnt qite sunk in. this is to snark, we may never fully know why this has happened. if lisa was part of your family, for what it is worth i am appauld by these events and mine and the rest of our families prayers are with you. im sure this doesnt help the victims family nor will it change was has happened. my entire family has grieved for yours and now we are in despair for our own. if all the paper is true i believe the justice should be served. even though it may mean severe consequences for my brother. brooke obviously you are in the other family and our hearts go out to you family as well. though the paper is not painting a very nice picture the whole truth is yet to be told.

Since: Jan 07

AOL

#4 Mar 25, 2007
Gee..I hope these 2 Macho Dudes are NOT going to beg the C/Os to let them go when they're led to "OLD SPARKY"...There is NO rehabilitation for thses 2 Clowns...I Smellllll...Bacon!!
Fry These Jerks!!!
Justice in Greenfield

Louisville, KY

#5 Mar 26, 2007
Finding the sane-In-sane wrote:
Gee..I hope these 2 Macho Dudes are NOT going to beg the C/Os to let them go when they're led to "OLD SPARKY"...There is NO rehabilitation for thses 2 Clowns...I Smellllll...Bacon!!
Fry These Jerks!!!
To the family of Lisa Ardine, my prayers are with you all. If I were done the way she was, I would want my killers to pay for their crime. To Rod, if you only knew your brother the way I did, you wouldn't be so surprised. If either of these two fellas think there is a place in heaven for them, they best think again. It's in the bible in black and white "judgement day is near". Perhaps you should reach out to your brother and listen to him.
If these fellas are proven guilty for their crimes, the court system will decide their fate, whether it be by execution of life in prison. Personally, I would rather die as did Lisa. If any minor children are left behind either of these fellas, think about the lasting impression being made upon them. We too in this tiny little town are feeling the impact of this grisly crime, don't know how else to deal with it other than talk about it. He made his mark in this town, we are knew eventually he would do something worse, just never thought it would be this. Still praying
Justice in Greenfield

Louisville, KY

#6 Mar 26, 2007
Brooke wrote:
We can't believe that the person involved we know of, would do something like that either, however, when you mix drugs, alcohol, and sex together nothing good comes out of it. Yes we know that his statments are the only ones in the paper, however, if he knew of these facts and fealt the way he did about it, why didn't he come forward sooner?? Lisa Ardine may still be alive today if he or the other thought about the choice they were making and the reprecussion of their actions. If in fact, they hadn't been impaired by an alcoholic beverage, and marijuana then MAYBE none of this would have transpired. HATE THE SIN, NOT THE SINNER.
Still praying for them both.

“Hoosier”

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis

#7 Mar 26, 2007
Brooke wrote:
We can't believe the person involved we know of would do this either, however, when you mix drugs, alcohol and sex, nothing good comes out of it.
HATE THE SIN, NOT THE SINNER. Still praying for them both.

“Hoosier”

Indianapolis

#8 Mar 26, 2007
rod wrote:
well this was a tragedy. no matter how or why it happened. my brother and i were not close for the last few years. though i still thought i knew him. the brother i knew would not have done this nor let it happen. for years i have seen this sort of thing on tv and mourned for the victim and their family. since this one particular incident happened to involve my brother i was stunned. have had nearly a month and it still hasnt qite sunk in. this is to snark, we may never fully know why this has happened. if lisa was part of your family, for what it is worth i am appauld by these events and mine and the rest of our families prayers are with you. im sure this doesnt help the victims family nor will it change was has happened. my entire family has grieved for yours and now we are in despair for our own. if all the paper is true i believe the justice should be served. even though it may mean severe consequences for my brother. brooke obviously you are in the other family and our hearts go out to you family as well. though the paper is not painting a very nice picture the whole truth is yet to be told.
To Rod, if you only knew your brother the way I knew him, you wouldn't be so surprised. Judgement day is coming for them at some point, however, in the meantime, you should try to reach out to him, listen to him. If these fellas are proven guilty for their crimes, the court system will decide their fate(s). If they did do this, whether they are executed or in prisoned for life, the fact remains that a life was taken, and personally, I think I would rather die as did Lisa.

“Hoosier”

Indianapolis

#9 Apr 9, 2007
Justice in Greenfield wrote:
<quoted text> To Rod, if you only knew your brother the way I knew him, you wouldn't be so surprised. Judgement day is coming for them at some point, however, in the meantime, you should try to reach out to him, listen to him. If these fellas are proven guilty for their crimes, the court system will decide their fate(s). If they did do this, whether they are executed or in prisoned for life, the fact remains that a life was taken, and personally, I think I would rather die as did Lisa.
As Easter Sunday has passed, so too has some time. The significance of this blessed holiday is one of hope for those who are seeking the holy spirit for whatever their need. Prayer has not stopped for these two individuals in this tiny town. Many of us know one of these individuals and have family relation. If you are reading this and perhaps have not ever had a personal relationship with our savior, Jesus Christ, I ask you to take a moment out of your day, talk with our lord, and ask him to place peace upon the hearts who are filled with worry, shed hope and ask for forgiveness to these two individuals who are filled with sin so that their sins may be be forgiven. Ask God to help share the burden of hurt for the sons and daughters left behind by one of these individuals in our tiny town. One of these fellas is studying the word of the Lord, how about Joe? Has anyone shown the word to him? Is there anyone looking out for him? These fellas need prayer by everyone. Talk to God today, you'll feel a whole lot better. Don't let more time pass by, it doesn't ever get any easier.

“Hoosier”

Indianapolis

#10 Apr 9, 2007
Brooke wrote:
You ought to start praying for your cousin.

“Hoosier”

Indianapolis

#11 Apr 9, 2007
As Easter Sunday has passed, so too has some time. The significance of this blessed holiday is one of hope for those who are seeking the holy spirit for whatever their need. Prayer has not stopped for these two individuals in this tiny town. Many of us know one of these individuals and have family relation. If you are reading this and perhaps have not ever had a personal relationship with our savior, Jesus Christ, I ask you to take a moment out of your day, talk with our lord, and ask him to place peace upon the hearts who are filled with worry, shed hope and ask for forgiveness to these two individuals who are filled with sin so that their sins may be be forgiven. Ask God to help share the burden of hurt for the sons and daughters left behind by one of these individuals in our tiny town. One of these fellas is studying the word of the Lord, how about Joe? Has anyone shown the word to him? Is there anyone looking out for him? These fellas need prayer by everyone. Talk to God today, you'll feel a whole lot better. Don't let more time pass by, it doesn't ever get any easier.

AOL

#12 Apr 9, 2007
These fellas need prayer by everyone. Talk to God today, you'll feel a whole lot better....

GOD said,.."Off With Their Heads",..Well,I sure feel better.
none

Honolulu, HI

#13 Apr 9, 2007
What happened to Lisa is tragic enough. I cannot speak for my whole family, but personally, I don't want to see any more death in this situation. Looking at the pictures of my aunt's alleged killers, I see two individuals who appear to have been as hurting as she was. My family is finding solace in our Savior and the comfort that comes with believing that Lisa, in spite of her problems, knew Him as well. Some battles may be too much for a human to conquer, but I believe she is free from her pain now. My prayer is that these men will someday know His forgiveness. There is no crime too big to be forgiven, and sad as this has made my family and Lisa's children, I know my God loves these men just as much as He loves Lisa. I hope someday they feel that love.
Rod- thank you for your prayers, I've prayed for your family as well. I hope you and your family find healing in this difficult time.

“Hoosier”

Indianapolis

#14 Apr 10, 2007
These fellas need prayer by everyone. Talk to God today, you'll feel a whole lot better....
Are you related to either of these fellas?? Would this be appropriate action if one of these fellas was your brother, or perhaps your dad?

“Hoosier”

Indianapolis

#15 Apr 10, 2007
none wrote:
What happened to Lisa is tragic enough. I cannot speak for my whole family, but personally, I don't want to see any more death in this situation. Looking at the pictures of my aunt's alleged killers, I see two individuals who appear to have been as hurting as she was. My family is finding solace in our Savior and the comfort that comes with believing that Lisa, in spite of her problems, knew Him as well. Some battles may be too much for a human to conquer, but I believe she is free from her pain now. My prayer is that these men will someday know His forgiveness. There is no crime too big to be forgiven, and sad as this has made my family and Lisa's children, I know my God loves these men just as much as He loves Lisa. I hope someday they feel that love.
Rod- thank you for your prayers, I've prayed for your family as well. I hope you and your family find healing in this difficult time.
It doesn't matter how Lisa lived her life, or what mistakes she had made, the bottom line is that she didn't deserve to die this way. I am glad you feel that she has been freed from pain now, however, the still images of laying under a bridge helpless, will never go away, and for that reason, the battle is bigger than ever for these two alleged individuals to conquer. Carrying strong beliefs as you do, it is very difficult to find
peace with the events that took place leading up to this tragedy and believing that God will forgive these fellas, if this is true. It sounds like you are at peace with Lisa's life, however, it our tiny town, this grisly tale carries on.
One must remember God's commandment "Thou shall not kill". Now what?
none

Honolulu, HI

#16 Apr 10, 2007
I don't think anyone can ever find peace with the way she died. It was truly terrible and undeserved. Lisa was kind and loving, willing to help others and a true friend to animals. I want the men to account for their actions, and believe they should be held to the law, but I'm not not willing to make a claim for them to lose their lives as well. I'm just not convinced that it's our place to decide who lives and dies. Your thoughts?

AOL

#17 Apr 10, 2007
Justice in Greenfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you related to either of these fellas?? Would this be appropriate action if one of these fellas was your brother, or perhaps your dad?
Well,To be perfectly Honest...ABSOLUTELY!..This was a "WOMAN",..Someones DAUGHTER!.FEMALE!..Drugs are NOT an excuse for Murder. Duck Tape these guys and Throw them off a Bridge...Oh! and keep that afternoon Free,They'll need your Cheerleading.

“Hoosier”

Indianapolis

#18 Apr 11, 2007
none wrote:
I don't think anyone can ever find peace with the way she died. It was truly terrible and undeserved. Lisa was kind and loving, willing to help others and a true friend to animals. I want the men to account for their actions, and believe they should be held to the law, but I'm not not willing to make a claim for them to lose their lives as well. I'm just not convinced that it's our place to decide who lives and dies. Your thoughts?
This town would like to see these fellas held accountable for their alleged actions also and that's where the justice system comes into play. This sick scenario of events leading up to her death are reminiscent of past history in our town by one of these fellas. And for that reason, it is very difficult to be at peace with this grisly tale. Perhaps at the end of this tale, our town may be at peace. There is a reason that Joe came forward to release his pain and guilt. This is another way of a "pup finding it's mother". Without this pup coming forward, Lisa's death may have remained a mystery forever.

To "Finding The Sane in Sane"- you have a very strong opinion of these two guys....are you related?? Could you throw your brother off a bridge while duck-taped and gather your buddies to cheerlead during this horrific event?

“Hoosier”

Indianapolis

#19 Apr 11, 2007
Finding the Sane in sane-your opinion of these two guys is duct. Gather your family and have a huge toss fess and enjoy the splash. "OFF WITH THE HEADS" "SEE FEATHERS FLYING" Easier said then DONE....

“Hoosier”

Indianapolis

#20 Apr 11, 2007
I DONT BELIEVE GOD WROTE HIS WORDS THIS WAY . IF HE DID COULD YOU GIVE A SCRIPTURE AND WHERE?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Punta Gorda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
icur12 11 hr missspeller 1
ru12 Oct 16 missspeller 1
Do you approve of Tammy Hall as Commissioner? Oct 11 john 3
Teen clinging to life after bus stop truck coll... Oct 4 LEO 477 2
On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Oct 2 sara palacio 84
sex in or near port charlotte fl (Feb '07) Sep 26 footnmouth 21
Review: Laishley Crab House (Dec '09) Sep 25 tommy tom 50
Punta Gorda Dating
Find my Match

Punta Gorda Jobs