Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in Hawaii in 2010?

Posted in the Pukalani Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
AARON

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Voted For Brian Schatz

Judged:

Do not need another pretty face in office, did you not learn anything from Sarah>?

“REPEAL OBAMA'S DEFERRED ACTION”

Since: Mar 09

FOR CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS ACT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Judged:

AARON wrote:
Do not need another pretty face in office, did you not learn anything from Sarah>?
Yikes, Brian Schatz as well as Abercromber are rabid left ideologues and will impose his far left ideology on the citizens of this state. Schatz helped Obamao seize power, Abercrombie was good buddies with Obamao's alcoholic polygamist dad and Marxist mom... that should automatically tell you ...they both cant be trusted.
WAKE UP Hawaii

Kaneohe, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Voted For Brian Schatz

Judged:

Finnegan = FAILURE! No, we don't want to FAIL!
Morden

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Voted For Brian Schatz

Judged:

Finnegan supported Lingle's plan reorganize the Eligibility Processing Operations Division (EPOD). The EPOD re-organization/office closures would've closed SNAP/Welfare Assistance offices on Maui & Kauai and cut off many residents of these islands from access to services, and make it more difficult for even those on Oahu and Hawaii to apply for assistance.

I've sent in my ballot and have voted for Schatz and Abercrombie. While Aiona and Finnegan seem like nice people, I am not convinced that they can separate their strong Catholic faith from policy decisions, especially given the Republican Party Leaders comment about Aiona being the most 'righteous leader' since Queen Liliuokalani. Little spooky when Republican candidates start governing based on the will of the church and not that of the people. As second in command, Aiona bears some responsibility for the lingle Administration's handling of the Superferry and Furlough Fridays.

I have voted for Abercrombie and Schatz and encourage other Hawaii residents to do the same. A hui ho!
alice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Judged:

I support neil and brian
BigSlippah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2010

Judged:

Pua ting fell on its head again.
*Splat*
alice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

Schatz seems ok.
Trick orTreat

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

Boo.

*Splat*

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

alice wrote:
I support neil and brian
So you want the same ole, corrupt status quo then....

Brilliant....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

THe rest of the country is switching from Dummycrats to Republican...

HAWAII YOU DONT WANT TO BE KNOWN AS THE STUPID STATE AFTER ALL THE BALLOTS ACROSS THE NATION ARE COUNTED, DO YOU???

ARE YOU STUCK ON STUPID OR JUST AS SMART AS THE REST OF THE STATES???!!!
xia0 pien

Pearl City, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
I'm stuck on stupid.

I'll be voting for Aiona and the fillipina trophy wife. Aiona had 8 yeasr to show me what he is made of and I want him in there for at least another 4 years doing absolutely nothing.

Yea, I'm stuck on stupid. Gonna give Aiona more time to do nothing...
21 yr old voter

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Voted For Lynn Berbano Finnegan

Judged:

better choice
Haole _team_rules

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

WAKE UP Hawaii wrote:
Finnegan = FAILURE! No, we don't want to FAIL!
schatz and abercrombie will pull more money out of your paycheck.. guess why.. you are too stupid to manage your own money..
Conservaturds

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
THe rest of the country is switching from Dummycrats to Republican...
HAWAII YOU DONT WANT TO BE KNOWN AS THE STUPID STATE AFTER ALL THE BALLOTS ACROSS THE NATION ARE COUNTED, DO YOU???
If we were stuck on stupid, we would be voting for the Republicans this fall. If other states aren't smart enough to see behind the attempt to buy our votes with the glut of negative campaign ads from groups like American Crossroads, the RGA, American's for Prosperity, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, then those States deserve the moronic Republican Tea Party candidates they elect!!!

The negative campaign ads run with the millions of corporate funded donations to these astroturf groups tell us nothing about how Aiona/Finnegan will overcome their lack of experience to lead this State toward economic recovery. Instead, the ads show just how badly these astroturf groups researched the our state Democratic candidates and what poor opinions these astroturfers have of our intelligence. We choose who we want based on what each candidate has to offer. Our VOTES ARE NOT FOR SALE!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

Abercrombie voted YEA to all of these....

Striping workers of their right to a secret ballot when voting to unionize (Vote 118, 3/1/07).
Troubled Asset Relief Program bill (TARP) used up $700 billion to bailout banks, insurance and auto companies and two years later, the New York Times reports over $150 has not been allocated and may not be used at all.(Vote 681, 2008)
Auto Bail Out bill provided $14 billion to bail out American car companies (Vote 690, 2008). Though the bill passed the House, it failed to pass the Senate, which led President Bush to extend the use of TARP funds to include auto companies.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Bill, also known as the "Stimulus Bill" (Vote 70, 2009) allocated $787 billion designed to stimulate the nationís economy. Some argue that this was not a bailout, however a the Government Accountability Office found that 90 percent of the allocated money was being used to bailout state government.
$250 billion in new taxes in a SINGLE bill (Vote 199, 5/27/93)
Increased federal motor fuel taxes by 30 percent (Vote 406, 8/5/93)
Increased tax burden on businesses by $7.5 million (Vote 746, 7/26/07)
Increased taxes by $2 billion on home sales (Vote 947, 10/04/07)
Imposed a tax on U.S. foreign military sales threatening defense jobs (Vote 662, 9/14/95)
Imposed the 2nd highest corporate tax rates in the world (Vote 199, 5/27/93
Bad TEA

Lihue, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
Abercrombie voted YEA to all of these....
Troubled Asset Relief Program bill (TARP) used up $700 billion to bailout banks, insurance and auto companies and two years later, the New York Times reports over $150 has not been allocated and may not be used at all.(Vote 681, 2008)
Auto Bail Out bill provided $14 billion to bail out American car companies (Vote 690, 2008). Though the bill passed the House, it failed to pass the Senate, which led President Bush to extend the use of TARP funds to include auto companies...
Wall Street Bailout (TARP) Returns 8.2% Profit Beating Treasury Bonds
By Yalman Onaran and Alexis Leondis
Oct 20, 2010 4:55 AM GMT-1000

The U.S. governmentís bailout of financial firms through the Troubled Asset Relief Program provided taxpayers with higher returns than yields paid on 30- year Treasury bonds -- enough money to fund the Securities and Exchange Commission for the next two decades.

The government has earned $25.2 billion on its investment of $309 billion in banks and insurance companies, an 8.2 percent return over two years, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That beat U.S. Treasuries, high-yield savings accounts, money- market funds and certificates of deposit. Investing in the stock market or gold would have paid off better.

When the government first announced its intention to plow funds into the nationís banks in October 2008 to resuscitate the financial system, many expected it to lose hundreds of billions of dollars. Two years later TARPís bank and insurance investments have made money, and about two-thirds of the funds have been paid back.

ďFrom the perspective of the taxpayers getting their money back, TARP has been a great success,Ē said Todd Petzel, chief investment officer at New York-based Offit Capital Advisors LLC, which has more than $5 billion of assets under management.

One of the biggest investments produced one of the best returns. While New York-based Citigroup Inc. still hasnít paid back $12 billion of the $45 billion it received, Treasury has already made $8.2 billion, or an 18 percent return, mostly as a result of selling its stake in the lender at a higher price, according to data analyzed by Bloomberg.

After collecting repayments, dividends and proceeds from warrant sales, the government earned a 14 percent return on the $10 billion it gave Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and a 13 percent return on the $10 billion that went to Morgan Stanley. Both firms are based in New York.

“Chiang Mai Baby”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

I've voted already and decided to go with Finnegan.
For me at this time, its not about the party anymore,
but strictly about the individual. I chose the woman over the man. I guess I'm more partial to the female in politics than I am to the male gender.
doobee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Judged:

I voted for finnegan as lieutenant governor and abercrombie as governor

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pukalani Discussions

Search the Pukalani Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How we saved a bundle on a car in Maui by renti... Jun 30 elmar winkler 1
Review: Vishnevska, Nina MD - Nina Vishnevska MD (Mar '10) Jun 18 cat 5
Rudeness May '14 Ron Brinkhurst 2
Lisa Otsuka alias Katie Huang.... (Dec '12) May '14 Hurt by Katherine Huang 3
Power outage in the Pukalani area May '14 Shannon Ward 1
Teen flies to Hawaii hidden in landing gear Apr '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Pukalani Music Selection (Sep '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 8
•••
•••