DOG PAWS need protecting-what animal ...

DOG PAWS need protecting-what animal tips do you have?

Posted in the Pueblo Forum

Mimi

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Dec 9, 2011
One of my dogs, a Lab has been haveing trouble walking. Finally.......found that the pads were hard with sharp points from the way they were growing. Rubbed HOOF-ALIVE well into the pads and next day cut whatever its called back. Now that it is under control I use a huge black nail file and carefully keep them back and have him sleep with Hoof Alive at night. ONE HAPPY DOG. As much as I used it on horses I nover thought about it for the dogs. It is so dry here, they need hand cream too.
Mimi

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Dec 9, 2011
Here is another one. A femnale dog 45lbs has-had, bladder stones. Was trying to wet every fifteen minutes. The vet said she was full of stones. At her age operating could be dangerous. I went to Vitamin Cottage and found something that people with stones use.Crystal Star--Stone-ex. After one bottle she is wetting well and I'm going to keep her on one more bottle. Also she is on antibiotics for a long time. I am not a doctor or vet, but from time to time I have been very pleased with natural remadies. Has anyone used Nu Vet Labs, Nu Vet Plus for lymphoma in dogs? Also,..A lady in Albuquerque who lived to 106 and had a natural practice made a liquid she called DAG. She said that after being bitten by a rattle snake she drank quite a bit of it and never had a probalem. Her name was Dr. Hazel Parcells. Is no longer here. It would be a grand thing to have on hand living in the west. She used it for many things. Quite a lady. We were blessed to know her.
Melissa

Pueblo, CO

#3 Dec 10, 2011
I have a situation that I don't know what to do about--well, I DO k now, but this is it. My neighbors have a dog and t does not have a dog house. They keep it outside when it is really cold. I think maybe they work a swing shift, because when i am letting mine out for the evening before I go to bed around nine pm or so, sometimes it is out there curled into a ball. When I get up in the morning to go to work and let my dog out again, the dog is in their house, but, it was VERY cold the other night and there was even snow on the ground. I want to report them, but they will know it was me and I know it will cause neighbor problems,but I am just sickened by seeing this.
Mimi

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Dec 10, 2011
I would call animal control anyway. I did this with a family with more than enough money for a dog house and finally ended up giving them an old Iglo dog house. I pitched it over their fence. Animal control said four people had complained about them. They had two dogs and one was to big to get in the house but because there was a house they could do nothing. The other house was small also and the wind in Pueblo West kept blowing it over. Dogs are required to have a house.They bult a fence close to the house and put the dogs and the house there so no one could see them. My dogs sleep under the covers with me. If the yard can be seen from the street someone else could have seen this too and called in,or from another house. When anything is being hurt, I jump in and do not care. It will probably make commotion but you can say you don't know who called in. Animal control will not give your name. I am not one for story telling but helpless animals and people I will do anything to help if I can. I would call Animal Control and tell them your problem about this and go from there. Good luck. I'm glad that you care enough to try and help.
Melissa

Pueblo, CO

#5 Dec 11, 2011
It's just driving me crazy--they are home right now and the dog is out in the cold. I know for a fact that their neighbors on the opposite side complained about the dog barking so they asked if I minded if they put the dog next to my side of the fence. I said I didn't mind, because at one time I couldn't keep my dog in the house either because she would just go nuts and tear stuff up. But my dog had a HOUSE. She would get bored with me gone all day. I know what it's like to want to keep your dog, but the dog pisses off the neighbors. So right now, I am pretty much the only one that can see their dog, but I guess I will just have to upset them. I don't like seeing that dog out there like that.
Mimi

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Dec 14, 2011
It is good that other people have complained. You are not alone in this...I think that people who take the time to help helpless animals are special. Even me when it comes to animals. Somewhere in the Bible------do unto the least of these and you do it unto me------. That is more importand than an angry neighbor. Perhaps one of the neighbors has an old dog house they do not need.....with a quilt to snuggle in. I would like to see neighborhood watch add animal care to their list.
There are so many levels of.... what is the right thing to do about animals.People without a heart will not get it, but should be made to act apropriately in the care of helpless anything. The dog is lucky to have you.
Mimi

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Dec 14, 2011
One of my dogs is hyper..hyper. The vet put him on Prozac. It has made a huge difference. He is so much happier....
Mimi to Melissa

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Dec 15, 2011
Please let us know what happens. I think a lot of animal lovers are with you on this.
Melissa

Pueblo, CO

#9 Dec 15, 2011
Mimi to Melissa wrote:
Please let us know what happens. I think a lot of animal lovers are with you on this.
I will--the dog has been in for the past few days,but this is their last chance, if he's out again, I promise, I am calling.
Mimi

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Dec 20, 2011
My dog with lymphoma is responding well to the NuVet Plus Canine Health Supplement. "Only the highest quality, human-grade ingrediants are used." If this was my problem I would take them. From orange size to walnuts. It does not promise to cure, but he is again happy and gives us more quality time together.
Melissa

Pueblo, CO

#11 May 18, 2012
Well, I finally reported them and they gave the dog away.
Mimi

Pueblo, CO

#12 May 23, 2012
Hi Melissa--Now you can live in peace and the dog has a better home.I'm working on my cat that loves to go into my neighbors yard. I'm going to build a large pen for him. It is a house cat but... The problen is that when the dogs go out he runs under their legs. Always something...........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pueblo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Expose a Corrupt Judge or Official in Colorado (Apr '17) Jan 31 cdbuckley1961 4
whats donthe lucas up to these days (Mar '16) Jan 29 Derp 14
Sacred Heart Home (Aug '10) Jan '18 Michelle Gonzalez 23
pueblo sucks (Dec '06) Dec '17 Puebloistrash 111
Review: American Driving Academy (Apr '16) Dec '17 Outtoget you reyes 2
Judge Reyes--dishonest, sly, corrupt (Mar '12) Dec '17 Outtoget you reyes 18
Easy way to make FREE money online. Nov '17 Nbro23 1

Pueblo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance