Out of state RN

Hutchinson, KS

#21 Jan 27, 2009
I grew up in Pueblo and dont have a lot of positive things to say about anyone inthe legal business. Most are corrupt or will be given time. Parkview took care of me in 2004 and regardless of the difficulties they had diagnosing my ailment, the treatment was fabulous. I know for one as an RN, medicine is truly an educated guess in a white coat. These doctors diagnose and treat based on trends. I for one must say that if an IV was causing that much pain and you knew it wasnt't right, you should have ripped the darn thing out, its venous and pretty hard to bleed to death from it. Granted not having it removed by an RN can lead to trauma or a dislodged catheter tip, but if it was soon after and not 3 days later it would have saved you a lot of grief.
DonthePA

United States

#22 Jun 14, 2009
Has any of the patients,that have been injured in the hospital,ever file a class action suit against the hospital? If no, why not?
JPM

Pueblo, CO

#24 Jun 21, 2009
Free Speech wrote:
Hey dummy, learn to spell. Then criticize.
^and this with a name like free speech.
parkview has almost always seemed a decent hospital to me.the only beef i have with them is the one time i walked myself 12 blocks to get there and them bastards put a cathedore(sp?)in me because they said i couldnt walk 10 feet to the bathroom.stupid car crash
Sam

Casper, WY

#26 Jul 17, 2009
I have experience at both hospitals. It seems to be kind of a toss-up, but I lean toward Parkview's favor. The experience as a patient at Parkview was to have a cardiac cath done for heart problems. Trying to get somebody to answer the call light, since I was supposed to stay flat and literally couldn't reach anything, including the water that I was supposed to be drinking a lot of to flush out the dye, was a major chore. I was pretty much left on my own both before and after the cath--not so good for somebody with an abnormal EKG. However, that was over 10 years ago so maybe things are different now. My experience at the "alternative hospital in town" was a bust for sure. The only good nurse I had was a so-called "rent-a-nurse" who worked per diem out of the Springs and he was excellent. The "hospitalist" acted as if she got her MD off of a matchbook cover. The evening CNA was consistently rude and practically the whole staff acted as if they would rather be anywhere but where they were.
injured by Parkview wrote:
Parkview hospital injured my wife through their gross negligence. My wife was admitted to Parkview for a bladder infection. They placed an IV in her arm at the elbow. She complained immediately that this IV didn't feel right. They refused to move it!
After three days, during which time she constantly complained about the IV, they finally removed it. Her arm was swollen to twice its normal size and she couldn't move it. Their own doctor diagnosed R.S.D. caused by IV infiltration.
R.S.D. is a type of nerve damage that effects the whole body, causing constant pain. We took them to court and the idiots in the jury found for Parkview. Judge Maes went so far as to award Parkview $20,000 in court costs.
How insane is that? they injure her and we are supposed to pay them $20,000 for the privelage.
If you want to live stay out of Parkview!! I've heard more horror storie than I can tell about that butchershop!
Barbara

Norwalk, CA

#27 Jul 31, 2009
I sure hope that Parkview is better than the other hospital in Pueblo, as my Mother was admitted there yesterday with heart issues. She lives in AZ, but spends summers in CO where my sisters are. One sister was critcally injured in a car crash a few years ago and taken to the other hospital where she had several surgeries. She was in and out - OK now - but the care was mediocre and she got MRSA there. It is that staph infection that is so hard to cure.
Once my mother is out of there, she plans to go to Mayo in Phoenix for further diagnosis.
cena

Pueblo, CO

#29 Sep 19, 2010
Tom wrote:
No matter where you go, things can and will happen. Parkview is no exception to this rule. Even the Mayo Clinic and Cedars Sanai have had incidents occur. But as a whole, Parkview has always held very high standards, and has had VERY high marks from the JACHO Board that inspects hospitals. They have always ranked highly. My family has been to Parkview on many ocassions and other than long E.R. waits (to be expected ANYWHERE), we found the staff to be attentive, curteous and helpful... Unlike another certain care facility in this town.
If you had a problem that you thought wasn't being addressed, perhaps you should have notified the Patient Advocate for the hospital. It is their job to look into ALL complaints. Again, I am sorry for the problems that you had there. But I can only speak for myself and my family, and we have had nothing but solid care from the staff and the physicians. So to say "if you want to LIVE, stay away from Parkview" is ridiculous.
what if you been denied a patient addvocate. from Pam Medina?
we have been there since may 27 2010.

/
cena

Pueblo, CO

#30 Sep 19, 2010
what if you been denied a pattient advocate. From Pam Medina the P.A. Rep for Parkview med.
Mimi Crist

Colorado Springs, CO

#31 Sep 22, 2010
The patient advocat is the one who denied to me discovery. She legally belongs in jail with David Crockenberg. Judge David Crockenberg.HE ALSO WROTE A COMPLETELY FALSE PAPER TO THE COURT WICH I CAN PROVE. The Chieftian covers over all of this. The Chieftian is a Republican paper. David Dill is head of the Republican party here. He represents the republican mentality here. Cover up sex abuse and assaults if it is good for his pocket book. His friends also.How many judges have been picked from Peterson and Fonda? How many are as crooked as David Crockenberg and the Chieftian? Freedom of the press? NO WAY IN PUEBLO.
Mimi Crist

Colorado Springs, CO

#32 Sep 27, 2010
We don't get news about Paarkview because David Dill, Rawlings husband , who owns the Chieftian is on the board at Parkview. He is also head of the republican party here in Pueblo. How many attorneys and judges on and on do you think are in the Chieftians pocket. A hand full of very wealthy people own Pueblo. The bottom line is money. Not what is right, not justice, not their standing up to evil psycotic people who abuse patients. Judges here are corrupt big time. They come out of corrupt law firms appointed by a corrupt governor. Stand up Pueblo and speak out. Or are you afraid. The next generation will receive all that you are afraid to face and change. These are people with criminal mentality hiding behind Christianity.Speak out,talk about this with your friends. Money so often is tied to friendships and community statis. Pueblo is Sicily misplaced.So be it, but when hospitals and judges and governors and district attorneys are in their pocket it is time to act. When an attorney gets away with aranging an assault on a raped patient and the governor appoints him to be a Pueblo judge,David Crockenbeerg,,you better start thinking about when you are going to be next. Being a nice person will not protect you from these people. They are evil through and through. Just think about it and do your part to rid Pueblo of its corrupt rulers.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#33 Sep 28, 2010
I really hope you CAN prove it. Otherwise you're making a good case for a libel suit.
It also begs me to ask if you CAN prove it, why don't you go get a lawyer?
cena

Pueblo, CO

#34 Oct 2, 2010
Mimi Crist you are VERY right. They will understand whem somthing happens to them or there LOVED ones.
Vans

Pueblo, CO

#35 Oct 8, 2010
We need to put this forum out there more. I know there has been alot of thing that the hospital and SOME of there staff have done legally wrong! The medical field has gone WAY down hill in the last 20 years.@ PARKVIEW HOSPITAL
Vans

Pueblo, CO

#36 Oct 12, 2010
Is there a real attorney out there who wants to take on PARKVEIW HOSPITAL.
Hope

Pueblo, CO

#37 Dec 4, 2010
4 star hospital, ya right. Ive learned alot about Parkview Hospital and STAFF they dont care. Its just a job to them. And everyone is just a number to them!!!!!!!!!!
mimi

Colorado Springs, CO

#38 Dec 18, 2010
This is to Daren. Attorneys are afraid to stand up to judges who have connections with hospitals. Peterson and Fonda law firm in Pueblo have lots of judges around the state. They reprresent Parkview Hospital and I think St, Mary Corwin. Also the Pueblo Chieftian. If you can, get all of the proof and papers that you will need to prove your case on your own. Be your own detective. Then start looking outside of Pueblo for an attorney.Keep copies of your papers away from your home.You must learn to think like a criminal and save your kind thoughts for friends, for children for animals. Stand up for the Constitution when you feel beaten, it is your truth, your strength, your guide.Feed the birds and the squirles when you need to release love from your heart. They will always love your kindness and give you the courage to fight for truth another day.
thoge

Studio City, CA

#39 Feb 26, 2011
I am curious, is anyone aware of any attorney(s) that has a strong win vs loss case history in the medical malpractice, specifically in Colorado. I am trying to help my aunt out. She went to Parkview after suffering a stroke and the doctors/staff did not adminster tPA or for that matter call the neurologist for several hour after admittance... I would appreciate recommendations to attorney(s)that specialize in medical malpractice.
injured by Parkview wrote:
Parkview hospital injured my wife through their gross negligence. My wife was admitted to Parkview for a bladder infection. They placed an IV in her arm at the elbow. She complained immediately that this IV didn't feel right. They refused to move it!
After three days, during which time she constantly complained about the IV, they finally removed it. Her arm was swollen to twice its normal size and she couldn't move it. Their own doctor diagnosed R.S.D. caused by IV infiltration.
R.S.D. is a type of nerve damage that effects the whole body, causing constant pain. We took them to court and the idiots in the jury found for Parkview. Judge Maes went so far as to award Parkview $20,000 in court costs.
How insane is that? they injure her and we are supposed to pay them $20,000 for the privelage.
If you want to live stay out of Parkview!! I've heard more horror storie than I can tell about that butchershop!
mimi

Pueblo, CO

#40 Feb 28, 2011
I would like to know if people who have been abused and bullied by the court would like to confront the court as they have in Cairo etc. We have to do something about the corrupt judges in pueble and the 10th judicial disstrict. Judges protect criminal doctors.

“The Party Animal”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#41 Mar 16, 2011
Don't order the chicken soup
mimi---Parkview

Pueblo, CO

#42 Jun 9, 2011
I'm pleased to say that while I was in the emergency room in Pueblo West the people there could not have been nicer. Still, any hospital who allowes a known sex molester to treat patients should be closed. And Judge David Crockenberg is a felon for intimidating and threatening me and not allowing discovery. He admits to being a felon with his "defending his client vigerously," at my discovery. What a creep.

a
star

Pueblo, CO

#43 Jun 29, 2011
It is againts the Law to be denied a Patient Advocate at the Hospital! Don't matter if it is non-profit hospital or profit NOBODY should NEVER be denied a P.A. Was there anybody at this hospital to help speek for you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pueblo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone Remember The Donna Yaklich Trial? (Mar '12) 21 hr victor freeman 32
Contact FBI on PUEBLO COURT CORRUPTION /andST... (Sep '11) 21 hr victor freeman 28
Moving to CO? (Jan '07) Fri victor freeman 6
Judge Reyes--dishonest, sly, corrupt (Mar '12) Apr 21 Desi darling 12
corrupt colorado courts Apr 16 victor freeman 12
Troy Evans Roofing (Apr '08) Apr 12 randy 10
Pueblo DA and Chief of Police abuse the law and... (Dec '11) Mar 31 victor freeman 11
More from around the web

Pueblo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]