Letter: Letter sadly lacking in true ...

Letter: Letter sadly lacking in true facts

There are 12 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jul 11, 2010, titled Letter: Letter sadly lacking in true facts. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Audrey Johnson from Orland represents how a lot of people respond to propaganda, by not checking the facts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Bogie

Chico, CA

#1 Jul 11, 2010
I don't believe Audrey johnson is a liar. She is just ignorant of the facts, and very gullable, because she relies on Fox News, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc for all her information.

Since: Jul 10

United States

#2 Jul 11, 2010
If WE are truly THE UNITED STATES why does anyone listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, or Fox NO News and letting them (try to) rip US apart?
Fedupwithitall

Chico, CA

#3 Jul 11, 2010
Yeah, those two posts are probably right. Why watch Fox News at all? All the other news channels show oily birds, no-sugar sodas and Lindsay Lohan's latest adventure in reality. Really important stuff...
Hmm

Chico, CA

#4 Jul 11, 2010
In this letter she says that every civilization that has collapsed did so because they ran out of resources. Is she seriously attacking someone else for not checking fact after making that comment? This letter writer is the stupidest person on the Internet.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#5 Jul 11, 2010
>
>
Fear not folks, the easily recoverable oil from the Bakken formation and similar sites is been recovered.

According to USGS,much of the oil in the Bakken formation is trapped in the shale, and at todays oil prices is not economically recoverable.

To belabor the point, we can equate the Bakken formation to the ocean.

USGS tells us that there are 25 Tons of Gold and 45 Tons of silver in each cubic mile of ocean, but the cost of extracting those precious metals is much more then the minerals themselves are worth.
Joe Sixpack

Paradise, CA

#6 Jul 11, 2010
The right wing extremists are really stuck in the mud. If you mention higher mileage cars and fewer gas guzzlers as a way toward oil independence, they call you a c o m m i e or eco-nazi or whatever. They would rather let BP or ExxonMobil run roughshod over the environment so they can drive their monster pickups that you need a ladder to get into. We can never let the extreme rightwingers be the oil umpires ever again.
Bogie

Chico, CA

#8 Jul 11, 2010
Chico Child wrote:
If WE are truly THE UNITED STATES why does anyone listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, or Fox NO News and letting them (try to) rip US apart?
It all comes down to money. Rich people want to maintain their hold on it and the political game is the way to do it.
wow

Oroville, CA

#9 Jul 11, 2010
Chico Child wrote:
If WE are truly THE UNITED STATES why does anyone listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, or Fox NO News and letting them (try to) rip US apart?
because the sad part is cbs, nbc, msnbc, cnn are even worse. the thing is you can't take any of them at 100% you have to do research on your own.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#11 Jul 11, 2010
Bogie wrote:
<quoted text>
It all comes down to money. Rich people want to maintain their hold on it and the political game is the way to do it.
>
>
Exactly!

Today in the U.S, less the 10% of the population control more then 90% of the Nations Wealth.
Sylence Dogood

United States

#17 Jul 11, 2010
Audrey appears confused. Problem could stem from fact she lives in Orland and drinks the water there at tea parties. GRANDPA researched and says that oil in the Bakken Formation is in shale ... cost prohibitive to suck it out.
Max

Chico, CA

#18 Jul 11, 2010
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
because the sad part is cbs, nbc, msnbc, cnn are even worse. the thing is you can't take any of them at 100% you have to do research on your own.
Equating the mainstream media, such as abc, nbc, cbs and cnn, to Limbaugh because all are imperfect is like equating the skills of a surgeon and a butcher. Limbaugh dispenses a constant flow of red meat to his audience with no attempt to be objective or accurate, while mainstream professional journalist try to be objective, accurate and unbiased. The regular audience of the mainstream media is looking for accurate, if superficial, awareness of current events while Limbaugh's audience want to hear only what they want to hear. Still, you are quite correct to say that everyone should look to multiple sources for their news and trying to hear out opposing points of view.
No Place to Hide

United States

#19 Jul 11, 2010
Glynda-Lee Hoffmann wrote:
California, I am proud to say, is a leader in energy conservation and renewable energy production. This is what works, living sustainably within the means of our ecosystems to provide for us.
Hey, guess what? We're (California) also one of the nation’s leaders in terms of "State going bankrupt". Are you serious? You are complimenting this State on its economic policy? You truly think this is working? Wow, you're truly out of touch with reality. Go stand in front of any California EDD building and tell all who are walking in how wonderful things are working. Go into any California Social Service Building tomorrow and tell all how well things are working. What a joke statement.
Glynda-Lee Hoffmann wrote:
Earth's resources are finite. Her ability to recycle the waste we constantly spew into her natural systems — air, water, soil — is limited.
The Earth herself is finite (we know it has a beginning). What's your point.
Glynda-Lee Hoffmann wrote:
Every major civilization on this planet that collapsed in the past did so because it exhausted its own natural resources. It's basic supply and demand, simple math.
Yet, the planet lives on. Isn't it amazing how this extraordinary planet has the ability to heal herself? Isn't it amazing how she looks at 10,000 years as a small grain of sand in the ocean of real time? Do the math. It's all relative and you're too selfish to see the bigger picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prudhoe Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Off the grid on Alaska's remote Dalton Highway Apr '16 Ann Marie 1
News Alaska LNG plans water testing, drilling for su... Apr '16 Jennie 1
Fire and Gas (Jan '16) Jan '16 Iceeyoo 1
News 'Ice Road Truckers': No Lisa Kelly on IRT Season 6 (Jun '12) Nov '15 Cantusee 14
News Putting the hammer down: Sterling woman to be f... (Jun '09) Jan '15 Tundra Wookie 4
An Affair In Prudhoe Bay (Jun '14) Nov '14 slipperyslope 5
Schlumberger Men just full of cheaters!!! (Nov '10) Oct '14 slipperyslope 4

Prudhoe Bay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prudhoe Bay Mortgages