Views & News -- Gulf oil spill - Part I

One of my most trusted sources, Lindsey Williams, has assured me that the Gulf of Mexico oil spill was an unnecessary blunder. Full Story

Since: Nov 08

Sunnyvale, CA

#1 Jun 17, 2010
Whether or not there is a natural, inorganic process for producing petroleum is a controversial issue. Very deep wells have been drilled in Sweden and Japan looking for such deposits and none have been found. That found in the Soviet wells may, or may not, have arisen from rocks. Where gravity sucks the stuff may have simply slipped between the cracks over a few million years. There is no good way to confirm sources of petroleum with ages greater than 20,000 years, the limit of carbon dating.

The OSHA standard for long term exposure to benzine is 1 ppm, 25 times that Al is here reporting and short term is five times that as benzine is metabolized by the human body.

I have not checked the other exposure limits he is here quoting, but I suspect they are in error too. It is not my objective to try to keep this rag accurate since my bird died and I no longer need it. At this point it is only a source of occasional amusement to see the natives railing away.
Donna Christopher

Clearlake, CA

#2 Jun 18, 2010
We should use you AV to plug the hole BP punched into hell. So what's the deal, bird die a natural death or did it commit suicide in lieu of a long life with you?
chip tanner

United States

#3 Jun 18, 2010
Thank you Al Duncan for your artical i have been following the gulf spill too. you are right we have no reason to be out there when we cant fix it are self what the hell! are we thinking

Since: Nov 08

Sunnyvale, CA

#4 Jun 18, 2010
chip tanner wrote:
Thank you Al Duncan for your artical i have been following the gulf spill too. you are right we have no reason to be out there when we cant fix it are self what the hell! are we thinking
This has got to be a gag by some wag that wants to make Al look like an idiot for having such people on his side. Or, this writer is a recent California school graduate and a lesson to us all that this is what we get from Jerry Brown's legacy of letting union thugs organize in the public sector.
Sue Sponte

Oakland, CA

#8 Jun 22, 2010
Yeah but keep in mind, Russia has had some pretty bad oil spills, some resulting from incredible preventable negligence like thousands of leaks from overland pipelines.
justa me

Fort Dodge, IA

#9 Jun 27, 2010
It's just Mother Earths way of controlling the population of its most prolific parasites, mankind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prudhoe Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An Affair In Prudhoe Bay (Jun '14) Nov '14 slipperyslope 5
Schlumberger Men just full of cheaters!!! (Nov '10) Oct '14 slipperyslope 4
Bulletin 02/09/14 (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ray 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
Shell learning about the Arctic the hard way (Nov '12) Nov '12 Eric 1
Free Alaska Pipeline on-line novel (Nov '12) Nov '12 Mike de Anahein 1
'Ice Road Truckers': No Lisa Kelly on IRT Season 6 (Jun '12) Sep '12 quanah 13
Prudhoe Bay Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web