Gasline rupture at Prudhoe Bay

Gasline rupture at Prudhoe Bay

There are 1 comment on the story from Oct 7, 2008, titled Gasline rupture at Prudhoe Bay. In it, reports that:

A natural gas line rupture at Prudhoe Bay has knocked 2 production pads off line.A BP Alaska spokesman Steve Rinehart says the 7" diameter gas line that provides oil production lift failed violently last week.

Join the discussion below, or

Clearwater, FL

#1 Oct 18, 2008
Can someone formally ask BP alaska
1 - did any motive equipment move off pad latterally by more than 5 inches, or final settle greater than 1.7 inch. Gonna have to do some reengineering of the pad sustrate and its base tie in as well as the stress relief joints (J straws) on orbitals as well as lengthicular take up plots).
2 - Anyone within 500 feet at time of occur. I recommend a Fjjdk load of counsiling for many years. Many. Bp, got your checkbook handy still...
3 - Are they using a blow out over preasure line sleeve of greater than 15 inches, what is its pressure rating as well as the peak nominal rate of flow (ft per second please, only) did it seam rupture (anywhere within 2 miles), and is it with a breach alarm indicator collector device.(my ting, tinkly tinkly).
4 - Is the first primary reporter still alive and out of state yet.
5 - Well, shit Harry. Shit. Godarn hell to pay, godarn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prudhoe Bay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Ice Road Truckers': No Lisa Kelly on IRT Season 6 (Jun '12) Nov 9 Cantusee 14
News Putting the hammer down: Sterling woman to be f... (Jun '09) Jan '15 Tundra Wookie 4
An Affair In Prudhoe Bay (Jun '14) Nov '14 slipperyslope 5
Schlumberger Men just full of cheaters!!! (Nov '10) Oct '14 slipperyslope 4
News Bulletin 02/09/14 (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ray 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
News Shell learning about the Arctic the hard way (Nov '12) Nov '12 Eric 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prudhoe Bay Mortgages