History of St Helen
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
scot westland mi

Redwood Estates, CA

#21 Jul 4, 2010
LMP wrote:
Not true. Blue Gill was going strong last I heard.
<quoted text>
The bluegill bait and tackle shop closed, but the festival still goes on.
cowboypunk

Roscommon, MI

#22 Nov 14, 2010
Downstate transplant wrote:
St. Helen and it's local snowmobile club are horrible places! The people who run the town seem to be dishonest bullies. I recommend you drive right through the town and keep going if you know what's good for you!
You obviously haven't seen the majestic, beautiful lake that is in Saint Helen have you??? You are a dumb bitch!
Meow

Kalamazoo, MI

#23 Jul 17, 2011
Apparently there's a place called the Hobo Trail that leads to a house where a woman sacrificed babies and skinned animals and people, and police found it and killed her, does anyone have any more info? Is it even true?
Kristi

Toledo, OH

#24 Apr 29, 2012
Cedar inn shut down only bar is the firehouse now.
Jeanne

Wauseon, OH

#25 Jan 20, 2013
I was born in West Branch but lived in St. Helen for two years and came back almost every summer for years. It has changed so much since my childhood in the 50's and 60's. My parents went back and opened a pool hall for a few years (Grace and Royal Melendy). I got back last year to scatter my brothers ashes out near the deer refuge, and was amazed at how it had changed. Great memories though.
r l shaw

Mount Gilead, OH

#26 Feb 23, 2013
can anyone out there bring me up to speed on whatever happened to the highlands on lake st helen? my grandmother owned the resort for several decades up untill the early to mid 1980s.My mother sold the place when my grandmother was no longer able to maintain it.now there are no other relatives alive who can tell me any history of the place as i am the youngest of the family.I took a ride up there a year ago to see it and now it is the new public acces and the old fishing site is fenced off.it's a beautiful park now but i am just curious as to how it became a park.I used to spend a lot of summers there back in the 60s and 70s ,those were some of my fondest memories as a kid
Dennlu

Houghton Lake, MI

#27 Aug 23, 2016
Kristi wrote:
Cedar inn shut down only bar is the firehouse now.
Cedar Inn is still open. Blue Gill festival still goes on. And their fireworks are the best around. Totally awesome!!
Gilbert

United States

#29 Jan 22, 2017
St.helen is nasty just like skidway. It's filled with young punk thieves and addicts that think they're gang members. There's no opportunity there. What a waiste of space.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prudenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trenton theaters offer comedy, drama and musica... Nov 8 Gjude44 1
Is Whitey Bulger/Judge Mcnally Dead or somethin? Aug '17 Shovelman 1
alternate power systems - energy shield insulation (Jul '10) Aug '16 Carolyn Durant 32
houghton lake crime (Mar '14) Mar '14 resident 1
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Prudenville, MI (May '12) Jun '12 Naw 5
News Roscommon County authorities searching wooded a... (May '12) May '12 ThatDude 4
News A gift from taxpayers to homeless pets (Mar '12) Mar '12 Joe USA 12

Prudenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prudenville Mortgages