Reporter's Notebook: Prosper's brown ...

Reporter's Notebook: Prosper's brown water tower has many seeing red

There are 2 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from May 6, 2008, titled Reporter's Notebook: Prosper's brown water tower has many seeing red. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

“By far, it's the hottest issue”

In Prosper, residents aren't griping about city taxes. Or trash pickup. Or potholes. via Dallas Morning News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

Brown With Envy

Ferris, TX

#1 May 14, 2008
Brown water tower, green water tower... who really cares anyway????

I think most of the citizens of Prosper are a bit out of touch.

The town adopted a brown and cream color scheme for stationary, vehicle markings, and now water towers it seems... at least 3 years ago.
Out of touch

Arlington, TX

#2 May 15, 2008
I live in the shadow of the new water tower...I don't care if it's green or brown. Up close it's nice looking but from a little ways away, it doesn't stand out at all. Our big green "P" would have shown up better but it's no big deal. Wanting to have a green water tower does not, however, mean that most of us are "out of touch". That's like lumping all the citizens of Ft. Worth together and labeling them "goat ropers" Maybe in a big city like Ft. Worth, people have forgotten how life is when you just have one high school and most everything in town is defined by school happenings!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prosper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aaron Garrett please read 2 hr Knows her 528
Papa 23 hr Andrew H Brown 2
News Paula Deen's Family Kitchen is coming to Texas,... Sat Thomas de Oro 3
News Transgender mayor ousted in small Collin County... May 10 Takalasha Jackson 3
News Electrician injured at Boyd has died (Aug '06) May 7 Alex 7
awful car accident under bridge (May '12) May 3 Bridget 11
Terri Bauer Needs to Resign (May '12) Apr 21 Not stupid 98

Prosper Jobs

Personal Finance

Prosper Mortgages