Proctorville Foodfair
agree

Gibsonia, PA

#21 Jan 31, 2011
I agree that Foodfair has gone downhill. The store is dirty every time I go in there now. When they started, they had several carryouts and were focused on customer service but since Herb became the manager, it has really declined. I have started going to Kroger more...and I hate Kroger.
the truth

Front Royal, VA

#22 Feb 3, 2011
i am a former employee of foodfair both from proctorville and huntington. i never worked at the proctorville one while herb was there but did work at the huntington one, and i know for a fact that herb had no clue what he is doing. he has to call the huntingon store manager( who has no clue what hes doing either) for help on what to order and what to do in some cases. most of the cashiers know more about how to work there system than he does. he is and idiot and a rude man. i quit because of the down hill spiral foodfair has taken itself down. i still go just to see old friends i know there, but as for the customer service you can blame the way herb has taken it on Russ lewis the store manager at huntington. they are buddy buddy and that's where herb gets all his knowledge from. if you really want things to change for that store you best to call and complain to the owner. the website emails hardly get checked and when they do nothing is usually done about them. i would suggest calling out to there warehouse and talk to Tim or Charlie forth and let them know how you feel about this. i can remember a time when people loved to come in cause we were always nice to ever customer no matter how rude or needy they were. i can honestly say when donnie plybon was incharge of proctorville foodfair it was a much better store. thats all i have to say about that
Went to Corporate

United States

#23 Feb 3, 2011
I personally went to Foodfairs corporate officer about a problem that I had with the Proctorville Foodfair and its manager and customer service. That was a wasted trip because I was assured by Tim Forth that he would look into the matter and take care of it. Yeah right!!!!! That is as far as that statement went---out the door with me.
Never will I step food in a FoodFair store again.
agree

Sullivan, OH

#24 Feb 3, 2011
Went to Corporate wrote:
I personally went to Foodfairs corporate officer about a problem that I had with the Proctorville Foodfair and its manager and customer service. That was a wasted trip because I was assured by Tim Forth that he would look into the matter and take care of it. Yeah right!!!!! That is as far as that statement went---out the door with me.
Never will I step food in a FoodFair store again.
Im not surprised because it would be hard to imagine that the owners dont know whats going on in that store. they can tell by the profits or lack of that there is a problem. its pretty obvious that they dont care, so whatever, plenty of other grocery stores around. wont be long until the doors shut.
foodfair

Sullivan, OH

#25 Feb 3, 2011
if you shop there be very careful because most of their merchandise is old and outdated, always be sure to check the exp dates. even their frozen foods are old, the frozen fish in the bags, inside the bags right on the fish- is froze over with ice. its so old its ridiculous.and if they have anything on sale always watch when the cashier scans it because i can guarantee that you will be charged regular price, and i dont think its an accident, someone is not putting the sale price in the system. just take my advice and done shop there go down the street to kroger-but if foodfair closes then kroger will raise their prices-because there will be no competive pricing to worry about.
nogood

Sullivan, OH

#26 Feb 3, 2011
i returned some rotten meat there and the manager didnt even say sorry, he didnt give a shit. i told him the rest of the product on the shelf should be checked and he said nothing. this meat was so rotten i could smell it when it was still wrapped and in the grocery bag. and they didnt pull the rest of the product. its all because the manager doesnt know what hes doing and doesnt give a crap.
ashame

Sullivan, OH

#27 Feb 3, 2011
i think this is sad because this used to be a good store to shop at, great produce and meat. dont know what has happened but its rock bottom now
bad cake

United States

#28 Feb 3, 2011
My birthday cake was from there, the cake was awful. I should have wished the cake was from kroger when I blew out the candles!
krogers

Huntington, IN

#29 Feb 3, 2011
foodfair wrote:
if you shop there be very careful because most of their merchandise is old and outdated, always be sure to check the exp dates. even their frozen foods are old, the frozen fish in the bags, inside the bags right on the fish- is froze over with ice. its so old its ridiculous.and if they have anything on sale always watch when the cashier scans it because i can guarantee that you will be charged regular price, and i dont think its an accident, someone is not putting the sale price in the system. just take my advice and done shop there go down the street to kroger-but if foodfair closes then kroger will raise their prices-because there will be no competive pricing to worry about.
sorry to burst your bubble but if they close kroger will not raise there prices bc it is a union ran company.
really

Zelienople, PA

#30 Feb 4, 2011
nogood wrote:
i returned some rotten meat there and the manager didnt even say sorry, he didnt give a shit. i told him the rest of the product on the shelf should be checked and he said nothing. this meat was so rotten i could smell it when it was still wrapped and in the grocery bag. and they didnt pull the rest of the product. its all because the manager doesnt know what hes doing and doesnt give a crap.
If the meat was that rotten you would have smelled it at some point in the store or when you put it in the cart. You seem to be mad that you didn't get anything for free. Love the 1st of the month shoppers!!!!!!!!!!
ufunny

Sullivan, OH

#31 Feb 4, 2011
krogers wrote:
<quoted text> sorry to burst your bubble but if they close kroger will not raise there prices bc it is a union ran company.
how wrong you are, stores do competitive pricing, so sorry to burst your bubble but apparently you know nothing about retail.
hahhahah

Sullivan, OH

#32 Feb 4, 2011
really wrote:
<quoted text>
If the meat was that rotten you would have smelled it at some point in the store or when you put it in the cart. You seem to be mad that you didn't get anything for free. Love the 1st of the month shoppers!!!!!!!!!!
youre hilarious you must work at foodfair lol well sweetie i never dreamed they would sell rotten meat-when i picked it up and threw it in the buggy i never dreamed to SMELL IT lol. and no sweetie i didnt want anything free, i just got my money back with out an apology. i really didnt want anything else from the store, who would after that. and no sweetie it wasnt the 1ST OF THE MONTH lol. really how dumb are you, get an education then you might do better on here.
foodfair employees

Sullivan, OH

#33 Feb 4, 2011
really wrote:
<quoted text>
I SEE THE FOODFAIR EMPLOYEES ARE HERE.
thats just wrong

Sullivan, OH

#34 Feb 4, 2011
really wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the 1st of the month have to do with selling rotten meat????since you seem to work there, is that when they put their rotten meat out to sell? since that is about the only time sell anything, maybe a couple of packages of meat. i think you just told the store secret. i have went to the store to purchase ground beef and it was brown, so i dont think that is fresh, i think that is old. dont know about anyone else but i dont eat brown meat. but maybe you do so help yourself, when you get off of work at foodfair go buy you a bunch of that brown hamburger lmao
the truth

Huntington, WV

#35 Feb 4, 2011
i wish ramseys was still here
kelly

Sullivan, OH

#36 Feb 4, 2011
really wrote:
<quoted text>
/That doesnt even make any sense. if you return something this bad to the store, why would you expect anything free, you just get your money back. and what does rotten meat and the 1st of them month have in common. you make no sense at all. sounds like you work at foodfair, so you should be glad for those 1st OF THE MONTH SHOPPERS or you probably wouldnt have a job.
loyal customer

Ashland, OH

#37 Feb 5, 2011
i find most of the comments about the rotten meat to be silly.... i personally wouldnt go anywhere else for my meat... at least food fair fresh cuts there meat instead of getting in the prepackaged stuff like walmart and krogers. where you have no idea how long its been laying around.... just saying and as far as customer service goes.. they are by far better than krogers..every time i go there i look at a good 5 to 10 min wait in line.. if there is more than one register open.... i fine most of your comment ridicalus as ive been shopping food fair since they first opened.
Do Little

AOL

#38 Feb 5, 2011
They do little to please the customers.The store manager HERB DEAL should be shown the door,He is the poorest excuse for a store manager.
COMENTS

AOL

#39 Feb 5, 2011
I JUST LOVE DONNIE and CLARENCE.HERB DEAL could take lessons from them.Maybe someone will wise up and see the big picture.
someone who knows

United States

#40 Feb 5, 2011
really wrote:
<quoted text>
. You must be the old lady with the white hair fixed up on top of that big ass head of your..you look down on people who does get food stamps.someday you may be in some of our lifes.one day I had 2 use my son in laws card andvthey treated me like I stoled it .everyone in store. Was lookin at me just because she made a big deal out of it.number one bitc#

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Proctorville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What did 5 min yes 3
Shhh!! 16 hr Happy for you 22
fairland stadium (Aug '15) Mon greasy 25
B Ville topix Mon Whatttt 3
Fairland HS Beta Club Sun yes 27
Michael Deaton (Jan '12) Sun Sickle 4
Too many Jews in Proctorville. Apr 22 Mike 1

Proctorville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance