fairland coaches
dragon fan

Proctorville, OH

#1 Oct 31, 2012
If every coach were as dedicated and knowledgable as our cross country coach the other sports would go to the state tournament.
meme

Proctorville, OH

#2 Oct 31, 2012
Really all he does is baby sit but I agree he's better than the football coach
matt

Proctorville, OH

#3 Nov 1, 2012
dragon fan wrote:
If every coach were as dedicated and knowledgable as our cross country coach the other sports would go to the state tournament.
I think he should be athletic director too. Reward a successful coach not a failure.
XC parent

Proctorville, OH

#4 Nov 1, 2012
@ Meme, I have a child who is on the XC team and the coach does not babysit. This group has a GPA average of 3.8. This is a group of responsible and intelligent kids, the coach pushes the kids to do their best, that's why they made it to state...no babysitting required.
runner

Proctorville, OH

#5 Nov 1, 2012
meme wrote:
Really all he does is baby sit but I agree he's better than the football coach
I dont see any other fairland coaches taking their teams to the state tournament. Coach wentz got the job done and the other coaches just get an extra check for doing nothing. wentz is the man.
spooky

Proctorville, OH

#6 Nov 2, 2012
They made it to the state because they paid to go,they did nothing to earn it anybody can go if they pay the money.
XC parent

Proctorville, OH

#7 Nov 2, 2012
spooky wrote:
They made it to the state because they paid to go,they did nothing to earn it anybody can go if they pay the money.
You are an idiot. The made it because the won 1st place at districts, 1st place at regionals, and as a parent of a runner, we didnt't pay one red cent to go. But to be fair, the district did buy them a t- shirt and a running uniform. How pathetic you are!
People are Jealous

Proctorville, OH

#8 Nov 4, 2012
Coaches like to put Wentz down, but the truth is the truth. How many kids are getting signed to collage if they are not on the cross country team. Wentz has some haters, but they are just jealous. You cannot take any credit away from these kids, a 3.8 GPA, and making it to state is great. I remember when cross country never won anything. State bound baby! He also runs with them!!! They don't pay to go, they won the distict and regional!!! Cross Country rules!!! Quit hating and getting a LIFE!
Winning Coach Wentz

Proctorville, OH

#9 Nov 4, 2012
Sorry, but teams just don't get to the state without a winnng coach! He is obviously doing something correct.
Hmmmmm

Proctorville, OH

#10 Nov 4, 2012
Well it seems to me that there are some facts that need to be set straight here....The Student/Athletes did "Pay" for this by putting in some 20-35 miles a week for the last 6 years or so on their very own feet.....The Coach was granted a gift....outstanding students who he had the opportunity to coach to a winning spot! Did he take it lightly, not likely....He trained them, coached them, encouraged them, cheered them on, and wept when they wept....His job did not end at 3:00, by his choice. How many other athletes in Fairland history have had the opportunity to have College Bound athletes on their team. We have had many good single athletes in this community, but the day they graduated high school, that was it. Congrats Coaches, Congrats Athletes, Way to Represent your community well on the STATE level!
duh (formly huh)

Proctorville, OH

#11 Nov 4, 2012
People are Jealous wrote:
Coaches like to put Wentz down, but the truth is the truth. How many kids are getting signed to collage if they are not on the cross country team. Wentz has some haters, but they are just jealous. You cannot take any credit away from these kids, a 3.8 GPA, and making it to state is great. I remember when cross country never won anything. State bound baby! He also runs with them!!! They don't pay to go, they won the distict and regional!!! Cross Country rules!!! Quit hating and getting a LIFE!

I can guess you are not one of his 3.8 students since it is college not collage. I'm not taking anything away from the CC team because it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to run like they do. But they don't need a coach to run and it doesn't take a lot of talent to run long distances. It takes dedication. I'm not a fan of most of the current coaches for football or basketball. They waste talent and need to be more dedicated to their kids and building their teams. Some of it has to do with changing coaches every couple of years but when you waste what you have then it's their own fault
Yes you can

Proctorville, OH

#13 Nov 5, 2012
Several students have recieved scholarships for CC in the last few years!
Popo

United States

#15 Nov 5, 2012
"Fairland's Ryan Stewart signed a letter of intent Wednesday to continue his cross country and track career at Shawnee State University. He joins teammate Tanner Mattie, who signed with the NAIA school earlier this month."

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x138182...
uranus

Columbus, OH

#17 Nov 5, 2012
Popo wrote:
"Fairland's Ryan Stewart signed a letter of intent Wednesday to continue his cross country and track career at Shawnee State University. He joins teammate Tanner Mattie, who signed with the NAIA school earlier this month."

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x138182...
No scholarship money is included. Costs them just as much money to attend as any other student. Nothing great about that.
nnn

Proctorville, OH

#18 Nov 5, 2012
3.8 better check again they went to state thats great but they didnt win i guess 15th place is good
Are you kidding me

United States

#19 Nov 6, 2012
In an area where there are so many overweight kids/adults that major news organizations publized our issues to the nation, remind me why you are making the fact that a group of healthy kids who wanted to run, dedicated their lives to training and made it to a State final deserve your negative comments. Signing a letter if intent and participating in sports at the collegiate level is an accomplishment. Support our local kids they work very hard.
Support

Proctorville, OH

#20 Nov 6, 2012
The students' from Fairland have been given partial scholarships in cross country, thus helping them to pay a reduced rate to continue their education. Support all of the student athletes no matter what sport they participate in. The Cross Country team made it to the state meet, that means that along the way a lot of other teams were eliminated. So they got fifteenth out of sixteenth, they made it. I support any team from Fairland when they advance at any level of competition.
peter

Proctorville, OH

#21 Nov 6, 2012
Support wrote:
The students' from Fairland have been given partial scholarships in cross country, thus helping them to pay a reduced rate to continue their education. Support all of the student athletes no matter what sport they participate in. The Cross Country team made it to the state meet, that means that along the way a lot of other teams were eliminated. So they got fifteenth out of sixteenth, they made it. I support any team from Fairland when they advance at any level of competition.
That 16th cc team must really suck.
top football teams

Proctorville, OH

#23 Nov 8, 2012
If the football team makes the playoffs, people act like they just made it to the super bowl. Only to lose in the first game!
XCRUNNER

Proctorville, OH

#24 Nov 9, 2012
spooky wrote:
In high school you have to qualify and they made it to state because of hard work not just paying money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Proctorville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taylor farren 15 hr Awesome guy 47
Amie Norris?????? Sun Okk 31
Joe Burgett Sat Loser baby 6
Dragons to Panthers Sat Interesting 4
cheating men May 25 Jussayin 3
missing family member May 24 stfu 10
Too lazy to fix the stop light May 24 Nobody 26

Proctorville Jobs

Personal Finance

Proctorville Mortgages