$1.9M heist still unsolved

$1.9M heist still unsolved

There are 31 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jan 31, 2010, titled $1.9M heist still unsolved. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Eight years after a lone gunman stole $1.9 million from an armored car company in Vermont's largest robbery, the FBI says tips for investigators have nearly run dry.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
USA

Monterey, MA

#1 Jan 31, 2010
A 20 thousand dollar reward for an almost 2 million dollar pay day! The bad guy could give a 40K reward to keep quiet...
Eagle Watcher

Troy, NY

#2 Jan 31, 2010
Did they ever solve the armored car heist in Pittsfield?
banjoplayer

Albany, NY

#3 Jan 31, 2010
Eagle Watcher wrote:
Did they ever solve the armored car heist in Pittsfield?
What heist, must have not been recently?
Hank

Cropseyville, NY

#4 Jan 31, 2010
Ask Frankie,he knows.
Eagle Watcher

Troy, NY

#5 Jan 31, 2010
banjoplayer wrote:
<quoted text> What heist, must have not been recently?
Early ninties. Inside job with ex-employee I think.
Common Knowledge

AOL

#6 Jan 31, 2010
banjoplayer wrote:
<quoted text> What heist, must have not been recently?
It was an armored car company and yes they solved it because Chuckie Gattuso ratted on some good people to save his sorry butt.
I see all

East Otis, MA

#7 Jan 31, 2010
Hank wrote:
Ask Frankie,he knows.
I hear after being released from jail he ran into an old high school sweetheart, got married and is having a wonderful time down south somewhere.
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Silver Spring, MD

#8 Jan 31, 2010
No doubt a Mafia-connected heist well-planned and well-executed.
The feds will likely hear talk about this heist somewhere down the road in some Organized Crime Strike Force wiretap in Brooklyn, but it could be years.
Da Boss

Cropseyville, NY

#9 Jan 31, 2010
Common Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>It was an armored car company and yes they solved it because Chuckie Gattuso ratted on some good people to save his sorry butt.
Lots of "good people" are involved in armored car heists.I'm glad I don't know any of the people you consider bad.
Da Boss

Cropseyville, NY

#10 Jan 31, 2010
Oh,by the way didn't those "good people" blow someone away down in Rhode Island or some place like that before they got caught?
fact teller

Lake Ozark, MO

#11 Jan 31, 2010
Yup, shotgun blast to the face...
peaches

Albany, NY

#12 Jan 31, 2010
What heist, who the heck is Frankie? Anyone got the story to this?
cashing in

Clockville, NY

#13 Jan 31, 2010
USA wrote:
A 20 thousand dollar reward for an almost 2 million dollar pay day! The bad guy could give a 40K reward to keep quiet...
I would have taken the 40k and kept my mouth shut instead of the lousy 20k that was offered for squealing. ha ha ha
Mike

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Jan 31, 2010
This is a classic cold case that will probably never be solved. So much for the 'crime doesn't pay' adage.
whacked

Schenectady, NY

#15 Jan 31, 2010
HellerCarbonCapNTradeLLC wrote:
No doubt a Mafia-connected heist well-planned and well-executed.
The feds will likely hear talk about this heist somewhere down the road in some Organized Crime Strike Force wiretap in Brooklyn, but it could be years.
The mafia doesnt exsist. It is a way for the government to legally discriminate againt italian american businessmen that help each other out.
HellerCarbonCapN TradeLLC

Silver Spring, MD

#16 Jan 31, 2010
whacked wrote:
<quoted text>
The mafia doesnt exsist. It is a way for the government to legally discriminate againt italian american businessmen that help each other out.
Oh yeah, right, I had forgotten that.
Paisan!
Common Knowledge

AOL

#17 Jan 31, 2010
Da Boss wrote:
Oh,by the way didn't those "good people" blow someone away down in Rhode Island or some place like that before they got caught?
They were never charged with that so they therefore didn't do it.
diva

East Otis, MA

#18 Feb 1, 2010
they say if you gonna do dirt, go solo,that way nobody can tell on you
all in the family

United States

#19 Feb 1, 2010
Common Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>It was an armored car company and yes they solved it because Chuckie Gattuso ratted on some good people to save his sorry butt.
isn't he Chief Mike Wynn's brother in-law?
withoutadoubt

Albany, NY

#20 Feb 1, 2010
all in the family wrote:
<quoted text> isn't he Chief Mike Wynn's brother in-law?
Who gives a grap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Proctor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Remaking Rutland with Refugees Jul 27 mjazz 2
News Police: Man masturbating on the side of road Jul 27 kiel da spunje 12
News A scandal deferred (Apr '06) Jun '16 Frank Hash 23
John John the Indian (Sep '12) Mar '16 Bill-V 2
Debate: Marijuana - Center Rutland, VT (Sep '10) Jan '16 SNOOPLION 2
News Watson-LaFrancis (Jul '08) Dec '14 suckitup hesaloser 17
News Defendant takes plea deal in ball bat beating (Nov '09) Aug '12 Outsider 3

Proctor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Proctor Mortgages