Ghosts of Waverly Plantation

Ghosts of Waverly Plantation

Posted in the Proctor Forum

Searcher

United States

#1 Oct 11, 2012
I'm wondering if the Waverly Plantation in Proctor, AR has a history of being frequented by ghosts? There was a young girl named Dora that died on the grounds after being electrocuted by a drooping wire. Has anyone heard the story of Dora's untimely death through the years?
What happened

United States

#2 Nov 21, 2012
I leave in proctor and have never heard of a girl bame dora dying...however i have often wondered if it is haunted. It is super scary to drive by late at night with the windows down and having to slow down to make that sharp curve. Windows come up every time.
What happened

United States

#3 Nov 21, 2012
Name**
Would love to hear

Dallas, TX

#4 May 31, 2013
Would love to hear stories of Waverly's past.
beenbythere

Longview, TX

#5 Jun 1, 2013
My truck quit pulling, I pulled over, passenger door opened and closed, truck would now go into gear, I drove about 3 miles and truck quit pulling again, I pulled over, passenger door opened up and closed on its own again, truck would now go into gear again, I drove off and by the way I shit my pants.
Iv Been Around

United States

#6 Jul 12, 2013
Well dude I been hanging around there and had my own encounters and I suggest if its on your way home that you find a different road to take .....I would like to check the house out personally, really just to look but my encounter , strange like yours sounds farfetched .but I have heard that the cotton gin building with waverly plantation on the side is haunted I personally don't believe that at all your lights at night only look like that because of the broken glass where kids broke the windows out however something is really fkin up with that road especially where the guy before mentioned strange things happen ....very strange ...I wouldnt narrow it down to just activity at night nor day either
Searcher

Forrest City, AR

#7 Dec 21, 2013
Tell more, please.
Searcher

Forrest City, AR

#8 Dec 21, 2013
Dora was only 18 and I don't think she could fix vehicles. Maybe?
Young Love

Memphis, TN

#9 Feb 19, 2015
Dora was so young. I've wondered often if she visits the last place she lived with her husband.
jwillia2

West Memphis, AR

#10 Feb 21, 2015
I had an aunt and uncle that lived there about 15 years ago and nothing strange occurred.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Proctor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coltuns Steak House 30 min Ashleee 3
Tropical Smoothie (Sep '15) 1 hr Dookie Stain Blane 27
Evan Wynn Running for Mayor 1 hr Ice House 17
OMG The Lords of Diarrhea are finally here! 3 hr Fuuuuuhking 3
bonnie todd 6 hr Who ever 11
Kelly Daily 7 hr Cowboy 2
Santa C 16 hr who you 3

Proctor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance