Marion Seat-belt Law Scam Exposed
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dont care

Tucker, GA

#21 Jan 23, 2013
I think it should be up to the person whether they want to wear seat belt. I choose to wear mine & was involved in accident serval years ago in which seat belt saved my life (in my opinion). I DON'T understand how someone can get a ticket for not wearing seat belt but one can ride motorcycle with no helmet! I guess the motorcycle helmet people need to lobby more & maybe that will boost their sales. Just like the way NRA & gun business has been using scare tactics to boost their sales. Nobody is trying to take their guns, from what I've heard & read. But they (gun makers/dealers) are bringing in RECORD sales. Ironic or just a coincidence?
Guessing

West Memphis, AR

#22 Jan 25, 2013
You can get on a motorcycle and ride all day without a helmet, but don't forget the seatbelt in your car. It is an insurance lobby law they pay more claims on auto's than motorcycles. It should be your choice to protect yourself or not but when it costs the insurance company money - we must protect the common man (unless he drives a motorcycle)
Dont care

Tucker, GA

#23 Jan 25, 2013
Guessing wrote:
You can get on a motorcycle and ride all day without a helmet, but don't forget the seatbelt in your car. It is an insurance lobby law they pay more claims on auto's than motorcycles. It should be your choice to protect yourself or not but when it costs the insurance company money - we must protect the common man (unless he drives a motorcycle)
I agree! Its all about the $$

Hughes, AR

#24 Feb 14, 2013
Everyone should wear a seatbelt who cares if it's under your arm or not I've done that if the seat belt rubs my neck however there is too many other things we taxpayers pay cops to do Marion has an increasing crime rate and maybe they could be preventing some of that or something not so harassing just to get grant money!! How about going to the poor areas and spending time with kids or starting a program for low income family's if they need something to do but stupid stuff like that is just uncalled for I always see them talking and texting while their driving too they should practice what they preach another reason that contributes to a crappy economy
Stop

Little Rock, AR

#25 Feb 15, 2013
Stop the speeders!!!!!!!!!! On all streets

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#26 Feb 20, 2013
I seen an officer in white suburban using iPhone while driving lol
Grim

United States

#27 Mar 27, 2013
newportonehundreds wrote:
I seen an officer in white suburban using iPhone while driving lol
Is it the one that works nights about the size of Barney Fife
Ticketed today as well

North Little Rock, AR

#28 Mar 28, 2013
Myself and a friend both got tickets for no seatbelt today ! What sucks is I has hardly made it down my street when I reached to put on my seatbelt since I forgot and the cop saw me putting it on and turned around and stopped me and gave me a ticket .
I KNOW

Little Rock, AR

#29 Mar 30, 2013
new arkansas law went into effect 1st of march. 1st offence no seatbelt went from 25.00 to 70.00 buckle up!
Just1Vette

United States

#31 Mar 25, 2014
ITS,funny how the ones that we tax payers, pay to enforce the law, is breaking just as many laws as anyone else. Reporting them to the news doesn't do to much they will either stay away for a minute or relocate and what does that solves. I know because I started the whole investigation into does fake police in Jeanette AR, they just went to TURRELL doing the same thing.
wildmorningdove

Yellville, AR

#34 Sep 15, 2015
Big nutz wrote:
Wear your seat belts and get over it!! Or pay the ticket unless you are to poor to pay $25. It's a law. It's the cops job. If you don't want a ticket be responsible and obey the law. Good job officer.
The seat belt law was pushed by the Federal Government. It should be my choice as to whether I want to wear a seat belt or not, not the governments. Many people die because they are wearing a seat belt. If you are going to die, then you are going to die. End of story. This is not a safe world, haven't you ever noticed. To except a law because the government said so is being like sheep. Be responsible for your own life. Everyone dies, it is just a matter of when and how. The people in this country have become a bunch of wimps. Don't you realize every time you give up a little bit of your freedom the government is very happy you followed like good little sheep. The car companies didn't even want this seat belt crap. Now the cops have made it into a scam because they have to meet a government quota. Our judicial system is money making scam. That is why we have so many prisons. Ever notice how the rich don't go to jail or get a slap on the wrist but you and I get buried under the jail for good because it makes them money. I don't need some yuppie ya- hoo telling me to wear a seat belt or helmet or knee pads or what ever else those bunch of wimps can think up to make money from. Hitler loved people like you. You follow like a bunch of sheep and give up freedom so you think you will be safe. No one can keep you safe when it is your turn to leave this world and go to the next. Get over it! If you want to give up your freedom , go right ahead but I don't, and there are plenty of others out there who feel the same way. It's not about the seat belt , it's about how the government is taking a little bit of free choice from us a little at a time to control you. They use the scare tactic and it works every time. By the way, I was in a very bad accident cause by someone else's negligence, and I wasn't wearing a seat belt at the time, and low and behold, I am still here and getting around very well at 68 years old. If you trusted more in God then the government then you would not be so willing to have them take your freedom a little at a time. One little law at a time. I feel sorry for this generation, you and your laws have them tied up like calves at a roping.
Selena

United States

#35 Sep 20, 2015
Why give tickets for not wearing seat belts when the kids on school buses don't have them only the driver does. Do they just wanna protect the driver and not our kids? I think they need to put seat belts on all school buses if they going to make everybody else wear one!
Joey

West Memphis, AR

#36 Sep 21, 2015
Selena wrote:
Why give tickets for not wearing seat belts when the kids on school buses don't have them only the driver does. Do they just wanna protect the driver and not our kids? I think they need to put seat belts on all school buses if they going to make everybody else wear one!
Due to the height of a school bus and the way the seats are spaced and padded, it is much, much safer to NOT have a seat belt on a school bus.

By statistics, only 6 children die a year in a school bus accident. Over 800 children die on bicycles, walking and riding in cars to school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Proctor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Now_What- 33,401
Fat Personal Trainers 8 hr Did my husband 7
News State trooper charged for hitting juvenile off-... (Jan '16) 19 hr disgusted 156
Deo Sat Emily 5
Ernie Fri ruff 6
House cleaning Fri Emily Lancaster 11
Who is peaches Fri Ern man 2

Proctor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Proctor Mortgages