Review: Bend Pet Resort LLC

Review: Bend Pet Resort LLC

Posted in the Prineville Forum

Unhappy Mommy

Bend, OR

#1 Feb 9, 2009
I would not recommend leaving your pet overnight at this kennel. My dog recently stayed there for a few days, when I picked him up, he looked like he wasn't cared for. He gets eye discharge that needs to be cleaned once a day, when I saw him he hadn't been cleaned for a few days. The owner ran ahead of me to let out my dog not allowing me to see the pen that he was staying in....seems like he's hiding something! They lock the kennel up for 13 hours overnight with any supervision or potty breaks for the pets!!! They won't offer up that infomation, you need to ask.
If I could do it all over again, I would have NEVER trusted these people with my dog. He came back suobmissive and with cuts all over his face.
Don't leave your pet here....I learned the hard way... hopefully you won't!!!
Unhappy Mommy

Bend, OR

#2 Feb 9, 2009
Edit:
I incorrectly typed "They lock the kennel up for 13 hours overnight with OUT any supervision..."

Very important. Wanted to clarify myself.
stealth

Redmond, OR

#3 Mar 27, 2009
I agree with you Mommy. The owner is a joke. I stopped taking my dogs there so I don't wind up in jail
MCAB

Puyallup, WA

#4 Mar 30, 2009
I left my perfectly healthy 17 yr old at BPR while on vacation. After getting her home, she died 3 days later. Enough said.
badboarding

Bend, OR

#5 May 1, 2009
This is a bad boarding kennel. There are much better options around town. I suggest pursue somewhere else. The dogs are not supervised, there is no staff compared to dog ratio. The owner is not very kind.
scottyboob

Bend, OR

#6 May 2, 2009
Why isn't the Bend City Council just appointed by
the Bend Chamber of Commerce,rather then having this "sham" they call an election.That way they can save the money,they'd use to finance the
electing of thier "candidate".Then there would more money for them and thier stooge's to wrap
thier greedy little fingers around.
Dissatisfied

Coos Bay, OR

#7 Jul 13, 2009
Terrible experience with both owner (Ken) and kennel. Stay away. Don't do this to yourself or your dog.
Jamie

Stockton, CA

#8 Jun 29, 2010
We had been excited to board our dogs at the Bend Pet Resort when we went to visit family in Bend for the 4th of July weekend; however, we ended up cancelling our trip to Bend. We notified the owners 2.5 weeks in advance.

Originally it sounded like we would get a partial refund (we paid by check). We later were told that there would be a $25 charge per dog to cancel with the balance being left on account. If we had charged it, we would have been able to dispute the charge (lesson learned). Their website has no posted cancelation policy.

I tried to explain my disappointment to the owner in an email. I said that I would feel obligated to post a review and tell my friends and family in Bend to avoid using the Bend Pet Resort. Ken accused me of "threatening" his company, and informed me that he didn't even have to give me a credit for future visits.

I don't mind the cancelation fee that much. I just don't see how keeping the rest of the money with almost 3 weeks notice is justified. As a business, it is important to know what is import. I guess money is the main thing for Ken.

We wish now that we had read all of the reviews available online for the Bend Pet Resort.
KJO

Bend, OR

#9 Oct 5, 2012
DO NOT TAKE YOUR DOGS HERE!!!!!! I agree about the owner. He gave me a price quote over the phone and didn't honor it when I dropped off my dogs on the way to the airport. He charges for ridiculous things such as an extra day on the day of pickup even though charges are "per night" and the mandatory supposed supervised playtime which is a joke! I saw four dogs in a very filthy room with no human in sight for the 45 minutes I was there. They were 100% unsupervised and there was no playing or activity available to them. I was told this was the playtime room. One dog was frantically barking and scratching at the door and the other three were just lying around doing nothing. This is the playtime you pay for!!! My dogs were traumatized and filthy and smelly when I picked them up and one of my dogs had emergency surgery for an infected anal gland within days of picking them up due to not being taken out to bathroom enough. It was apparent they were ignored and not given even the most basic care. The owner wouldn't allow a visit into the kennels where the dogs are kept which shows they are hiding something. I am so thankful my dogs are still alive and feel compelled to warn other dog owners to please don't take your pets here!!! It is not safe.
Lies rude dirty

Bend, OR

#10 Feb 28, 2014
This place is a joke! Not only did I get overcharged, the owner Ken wouldn't let me see the kennel run where my dog had been staying when I got there to pick up my dog. Obviously hiding something. My dog smelled like pee and poo and was very sick. Ken told me everything was fine each time I called to see how my fog was doing. It wasn't until I picked up my dog that they told me about days of diarrhea. Nice. This guy is rude and frankly a bully. All he cares about are his half dozen show dogs and the all-mighty dollar. I'm never taking my dog back there and suggest no one else does either. Spread the word about this place to any and all dog owners.
I also agree with the other reviews when they say the day care is unsupervised. Every time I went there for any reason, the day care dogs had no toys, no one was watching them or playing with them. Pathetic.
MastiffOwnerBend

Vancouver, WA

#11 Jul 1, 2014
7/1/2014
We have been taking our Mastiff to Bend Pet Resort for the past year - twice for kenneling and weekly for doggy day care - and we are very pleased with all aspects of the facility. We find the staff to be very dog friendly, very knowledgeable about dog care and feel that they truly have the dogs best interest in mind. Our Mastiff is beside himself with excitement each time we drop him off for daycare that he literally jumps out of the car to play with his friends. We feel totally comfortable leaving him for a week or so while we are vacationing knowing that he will not only be well cared for but that he will get the pets & hugs that are so important especially to a growing puppy.
Thank you Bend Pet Resort!
Turned Off

Bend, OR

#12 Dec 5, 2014
We boarded our cat there a few times and it was okay. I made a reservation for Thanksgiving weekend. A few days later I got a call from the owner demanding that I immediately run a check right over there to hold the reservation. Having just had a chemo treatment I was not feeling that well. I called the resort back and offered my credit card. The don't take credit cards over the phone - what??? I was told I had to over night a check that day! Long story short, I cancelled the reservation and made other arrangements. We found the owner brusque and rude before and the staff seems unhappy, but we over looked it as this pet resort was recommended to us and we are fairly new to Bend. They have just lost a good client and we won't be back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prineville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why don't us black women protest for ourselves? Jul 23 OhSnapItzChachi 1
Review: C R Property Management Jul 19 Ramona 1
[LEGIT] Website + GIVEAWAY!!! Topix© Jul 19 stromer 2
lets talk vampires (Nov '13) Oct '14 Holy spirit 8
Retiring Soon (Sep '14) Sep '14 SoraAkuma 1
News Sculpture honors African-American cowboy (Aug '14) Aug '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
Prineville neighborhood safety (Jan '14) Jan '14 JulianER 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prineville Mortgages