Looking for a good church.

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Looking

Oakvale, WV

#1 Jan 8, 2012
I am new to Princeton and looking for a good church to attend, non denominational or baptist preferably. Any information would be great. Thanks!
Dunno

Oakvale, WV

#2 Jan 8, 2012
I hate to tell you but this forum isn't the best place to look for a good church. Just a bunch of gossipers and haters start posts here talking about other people when it is none of their business.
Your best bet is to just ask family, friends, etc. I don't go to church much so I can't give you my honest opinion but good luck.
CFC

Beckley, WV

#3 Jan 8, 2012
Looking wrote:
I am new to Princeton and looking for a good church to attend, non denominational or baptist preferably. Any information would be great. Thanks!
Cornerstone family church is an awesome non denominational church, they make u feel like family. God is number one there.
heaven forbid

Princeton, WV

#4 Jan 8, 2012
try the bridge on mercer street

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Jan 8, 2012
There are plenty of churches here in Princeton almost everywhere you look.
haha

Beckley, WV

#6 Jan 8, 2012
Try Princeton church of God. Its pentacostal and I thought I would never go there. That church has changed my life for the better.
yay

Bluefield, WV

#7 Jan 8, 2012
Fairview Christian Community Church is a good one. it's non denominational. I really love that church, and Larry Dyer is a wonderful Pastor
Just Me

United States

#8 Jan 8, 2012
I second the comment about Cornerstone. I went to one other large church in the area mentioned above and felt very unwelcome, but CFC made me feel very welcome.
Wondering

United States

#9 Jan 8, 2012
Is Cornerstone a gay-accepting or gay-friendly church?
just me

Beckley, WV

#10 Jan 9, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Is Cornerstone a gay-accepting or gay-friendly church?
I don't know that any church that preaches the bible is "gay accepting", but I doubt that they would hold that against anyone. Everyone should be able to go to church without persecution.
yay

Bluefield, WV

#11 Jan 9, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know that any church that preaches the bible is "gay accepting", but I doubt that they would hold that against anyone. Everyone should be able to go to church without persecution.
it's not for us to judge them. it's between them and the Lord. I don't hate people who are gay, because we are not to hate. But I don't like the way. BUt again, it's not for us to judge. we can just pray for them, that they find Jesus, and end being gay
actually

Orlando, FL

#12 Jan 9, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know that any church that preaches the bible is "gay accepting", but I doubt that they would hold that against anyone. Everyone should be able to go to church without persecution.
there are plenty of churches that accept gay people. you can worship the lord and be gay. you people kill me. I'm sure there are plenty of pedophiles that go to churches that preach about the bible. gay people are harmless. you act like its contagious lol

I'm gay and I went to the cornerstone a few times to take my Rescare client and they were all very nice to me. I'm obviously gay and everyone there seemed to be rly nice.
just me

Beckley, WV

#13 Jan 9, 2012
actually wrote:
<quoted text>there are plenty of churches that accept gay people. you can worship the lord and be gay. you people kill me. I'm sure there are plenty of pedophiles that go to churches that preach about the bible. gay people are harmless. you act like its contagious lol

I'm gay and I went to the cornerstone a few times to take my Rescare client and they were all very nice to me. I'm obviously gay and everyone there seemed to be rly nice.
Apparently you did jot read my comment, I said they would be nice to you. I have nothing against gay people, I have many gay friends. Do I think that a church agrees with the lifestyle, no I don't, and I'm not judging either. A question was asked and I simply answered it. I wish "you people" would be a little more comfortable with who you are and not be so defensive when the topic comes around. I believe that one sin is as bad as another. I just know that the bible does speak against homosexuality. Whether you want to admit it or not, it is that simple.
just me

Beckley, WV

#14 Jan 9, 2012
yay wrote:
<quoted text>it's not for us to judge them. it's between them and the Lord. I don't hate people who are gay, because we are not to hate. But I don't like the way. BUt again, it's not for us to judge. we can just pray for them, that they find Jesus, and end being gay
I never said that I hate gay people, I hate no one. I also was not judging, I am a sinner and I know that and I am above no one else, regardless of lifestyle, race, gender, or whatever.
jesus saves

Bluefield, WV

#15 Jan 9, 2012
faith baptist in oakvale is a great church its on goodwins chapel rd rev terry lambert is the pastor there
hmm

Orlando, FL

#16 Jan 9, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you did jot read my comment, I said they would be nice to you. I have nothing against gay people, I have many gay friends. Do I think that a church agrees with the lifestyle, no I don't, and I'm not judging either. A question was asked and I simply answered it. I wish "you people" would be a little more comfortable with who you are and not be so defensive when the topic comes around. I believe that one sin is as bad as another. I just know that the bible does speak against homosexuality. Whether you want to admit it or not, it is that simple.
it speaks about 2 men lying together.. not homosexuals in general.. gay men.. and the bible is bullshit anyway. that's no defense. in the bible it says incest is cool. what do you think?
Sling Blade

Rupert, WV

#17 Jan 9, 2012
The bible says two men ought not lay together. Mmmmmhmm

Even us retards know it ain't right. Mmmmmmhmmmm
Mazie

Beckley, WV

#18 Jan 9, 2012
jesus saves wrote:
faith baptist in oakvale is a great church its on goodwins chapel rd rev terry lambert is the pastor there
A-men
just me

Beckley, WV

#19 Jan 9, 2012
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>it speaks about 2 men lying together.. not homosexuals in general.. gay men.. and the bible is bullshit anyway. that's no defense. in the bible it says incest is cool. what do you think?
Please give me a passage out of the bible where it says incest is ok! I have never heard of that in my life. I hope one day you will realize he seriousness of what you have said. I would never speak of the Lords word that way. Hope you prepare a good reason for it, there will be a day that you will have to answer to him about that. God bless you.
Jimbob

Smoot, WV

#20 Jan 9, 2012
Well let's see according to your bible there was only Adam & Eve in the beginning. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out somebody was tapping mommy's ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Tolliver 42 min mjp3 1
Keep a word, drop a word (May '12) 49 min _FLATLINE-------- 4,760
Malorie is still in love with Justin Fuda 52 min you never know 16
Eden 59 min Destiny 16
Rescare Too lol 1 hr Betty Money 1
jace's daddy 3 hr Pitiful 2
Carrie Cordell 3 hr Sinbad 1
More from around the web

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE