recommendations

Bluefield, WV

#1 Jan 2, 2013
I have had an issue with depression and I now turn to pills, done this for years now. I was curious if anyone has had any good recommendations for a counselor or therapist around here or within the area. I would definitely appreciate it. thank you.
Virginia Slim

United States

#2 Jan 2, 2013
recommendations wrote:
I have had an issue with depression and I now turn to pills, done this for years now. I was curious if anyone has had any good recommendations for a counselor or therapist around here or within the area. I would definitely appreciate it. thank you.
Are you male or female?
recommendations

Bluefield, WV

#3 Jan 2, 2013
Male
Virginia Slim

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2013
recommendations wrote:
Male
What led you to depression my good man? If a private affair I understand just want to get a small basis.
recommendations

Bluefield, WV

#5 Jan 2, 2013
Just my life. Thingd have happened to me and id rather not say what. I have brushed everything off buy just doing pills and I know now I need psychological help
Virginia Slim

United States

#6 Jan 2, 2013
recommendations wrote:
Just my life. Thingd have happened to me and id rather not say what. I have brushed everything off buy just doing pills and I know now I need psychological help
I clearly understand. I'm no psychologist but I can offer a small deterrent that might help. Go down to the local animal shelter and adopt a puppy. Feed it steak meat dog food ect. Get it healthy and buy it new toys and bones. Make up a birthday for it and care for it better than you do yourself. This will give you purpose as to where the puppy will need love and your support and instead of buying pills spend money on the dog. Often the love we get from animals is greater than that of a human because animals are loyal and cannot say or do harmful things as we humans tend to do. Fill the need for a pill? Take the dog on a long walk or jog. Women like single me with dogs that they care for. After the long walk cook up some burgers and you and the dog are eating good and by the time dinner is done you both will be too tired to do anything but pass out. Guess who will be at the foot of your bed? That's right mans best friend. Just a simple yet affective fix. Hope you try it and it works. Like I said I'm no DR but I know how to take your mind off things in a positive way.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#7 Jan 2, 2013
Virginia Slim wrote:
<quoted text>I clearly understand. I'm no psychologist but I can offer a small deterrent that might help. Go down to the local animal shelter and adopt a puppy. Feed it steak meat dog food ect. Get it healthy and buy it new toys and bones. Make up a birthday for it and care for it better than you do yourself. This will give you purpose as to where the puppy will need love and your support and instead of buying pills spend money on the dog. Often the love we get from animals is greater than that of a human because animals are loyal and cannot say or do harmful things as we humans tend to do. Fill the need for a pill? Take the dog on a long walk or jog. Women like single me with dogs that they care for. After the long walk cook up some burgers and you and the dog are eating good and by the time dinner is done you both will be too tired to do anything but pass out. Guess who will be at the foot of your bed? That's right mans best friend. Just a simple yet affective fix. Hope you try it and it works. Like I said I'm no DR but I know how to take your mind off things in a positive way.
That is very nice if you to try to help this guy out without being an a$$!!! I don't think I have ever seen someone be as nice as you to a complete stranger on this site. I commend you ma'am or sir, thank you for restoring my faith in mankind.
Virginia Slim

United States

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Beautifully Me wrote:
<quoted text>
That is very nice if you to try to help this guy out without being an a$$!!! I don't think I have ever seen someone be as nice as you to a complete stranger on this site. I commend you ma'am or sir, thank you for restoring my faith in mankind.
I'm trying to show this man that he can beat depression. He can admit he has a problem and he needs help. He's already half way won the battle. The first step is the hardest. We all need help sometimes. I just wanted to show him a positive way to direct his time and money to help beat his addiction. I hope he follows my simple prescription and the puppy fills his void. I see why people are on drugs. Life can be hard as hell.
Kate

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jan 2, 2013
Virginia Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
I clearly understand. I'm no psychologist but I can offer a small deterrent that might help. Go down to the local animal shelter and adopt a puppy. Feed it steak meat dog food ect. Get it healthy and buy it new toys and bones. Make up a birthday for it and care for it better than you do yourself. This will give you purpose as to where the puppy will need love and your support and instead of buying pills spend money on the dog. Often the love we get from animals is greater than that of a human because animals are loyal and cannot say or do harmful things as we humans tend to do. Fill the need for a pill? Take the dog on a long walk or jog. Women like single me with dogs that they care for. After the long walk cook up some burgers and you and the dog are eating good and by the time dinner is done you both will be too tired to do anything but pass out. Guess who will be at the foot of your bed? That's right mans best friend. Just a simple yet affective fix. Hope you try it and it works. Like I said I'm no DR but I know how to take your mind off things in a positive way.
This is actually amazing, I have a Siberian husky and she is what pulled me out of my depression. To the op, dogs really great help for depression especially rescues. In oder to get them in touch with you aside what Va slim has already said. When you get your perfect pup you hug it and let it pick up on you and the vibes you give off. You do this continuously throught the training process and it grows to learn your moods and knows how to react and help you. Dogs are the most loyal loving breathing things out there. They'll love a human mote than it loves it self.. best of luck to you sir, and I hope you can over come this :)

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#10 Jan 3, 2013
Virginia Slim wrote:
<quoted text>I'm trying to show this man that he can beat depression. He can admit he has a problem and he needs help. He's already half way won the battle. The first step is the hardest. We all need help sometimes. I just wanted to show him a positive way to direct his time and money to help beat his addiction. I hope he follows my simple prescription and the puppy fills his void. I see why people are on drugs. Life can be hard as hell.
I understand completely what you were trying to do, and I think it's amazing. Yes, you can beat depression, but not through drugs and alcohol. I think this is a fantastic idea, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for going above and beyond to help someone in need!
Virginia Slim

United States

#11 Jan 3, 2013
Beautifully Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand completely what you were trying to do, and I think it's amazing. Yes, you can beat depression, but not through drugs and alcohol. I think this is a fantastic idea, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for going above and beyond to help someone in need!
You're welcome. I'm just trying to do what I'm supposed to do. I hope my friend finds his purpose. We all deserve a 23rd chance.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Lerona, WV

#12 Jan 3, 2013
WOW so happy to see kind words :) this makes my heart smile :) Its very true that an animal brings hope and joy. i hope it helps pull you outta your funk. If your lost you can ALWAYS be found, just know that your not alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
purge 13 hr Skibbidy 4
Alex harman? 19 hr Me Grassman 5
Hairy chests and backs 21 hr Denny 12
male looking to exchange dirty emails with will... (Oct '11) 23 hr Jesselewis 5
Elizabeth​ Moorehead Sat Make Em Pay 3
DDD's Auto Repair New Location Sat Customer 7
March for LBGQT rights and freedoms Sat GetRealHighonPot 49

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance