Thorn School demolished

Thorn School demolished

Posted in the Princeton Forum

wow

Princeton, WV

#1 Oct 14, 2012
Drove on thorn street was shocked to see thorn school demolished. What will be going in its place ???
Booster Champion

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#2 Oct 14, 2012
I will miss this school and really wish that someone would have had the forethought to advertise the tear down so that those who had ties to the school could have had a chance to walk through it one last time. I attended all 6 years of school there with 3 years in the white building in the back and 3 years in the building that was torn down. Is the white building still standing??? I at least would like to walk through it once before they get that, if they haven't already. Booster midget league team beat the Jaycee's when I was in the sixth grade there for the championship. That was in either '73 or '74. What a waste.
Booster Champion

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#3 Oct 14, 2012
The Jaycee's were the football team from Mercer School for those who are not that old.
Mountaineer

Chesapeake, OH

#4 Jan 19, 2013
ResCare is moving into the old site
wondering

Athens, WV

#5 Jan 22, 2013
I think it's funny how quick they were able to "remove" all the asbestos and other "cancer" causing materials from the school before the demolished it. Seems like other companies have to wait months and months for state and govt to make sure they are removing everything before taking a wrecking ball to it.
Carol

Princeton, WV

#6 Jan 25, 2013
wondering wrote:
I think it's funny how quick they were able to "remove" all the asbestos and other "cancer" causing materials from the school before the demolished it. Seems like other companies have to wait months and months for state and govt to make sure they are removing everything before taking a wrecking ball to it.
That's probable why is was removed during the weekend

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Short curly headed politicAlly correct guy 14 min Someone You Screwed 1
Jason Sorah 1 hr Haha 23
You can't hide from me Weepy! 1 hr Stark Raving Mad 17
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 4 hr _Susan_ 62,286
Princeton needs a good sit down restaurant 7 hr Stark Raving Mad 23
Women of walmart , hot or not 10 hr bond air 27
Phillip Dunford aka dog 12 hr ernies son 2

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance