Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Sep 12

Princeton, WV

#1 Sep 20, 2012
Well PV had a good coach but he desided to resign before he even started the 2012-2013 season. Whatz up with dat?!

Level 1

Princeton, WV

#2 Sep 20, 2012
I dont understand why this happend, maybe they ran him off at PV.
yikes

Rupert, WV

#3 Sep 20, 2012
He did? When did this happen?

Level 1

Princeton, WV

#4 Sep 20, 2012
Last night.
Dophins Fan

Princeton, WV

#5 Sep 20, 2012
They run all their good coaches off. Worst high school athletic dept in state!
yikes

Rupert, WV

#6 Sep 20, 2012
itsforeal wrote:
Last night.
Thanks...hadn't heard...

I'm like you...don't understand why...there's a story here...
yikes

Rupert, WV

#7 Sep 20, 2012
Dophins Fan wrote:
They run all their good coaches off. Worst high school athletic dept in state!
true...lots of questionable moves going on over there

Level 1

United States

#8 Sep 20, 2012
yikes wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks...hadn't heard...
I'm like you...don't understand why...there's a story here...
yea there is story behide it, one of the best coaches in the state just gets a coaching job then resigns. not normal
yikes

Rupert, WV

#9 Sep 20, 2012
Wonder if WVVA will cover this...

Level 1

United States

#10 Sep 20, 2012
yikes wrote:
hope so!
concerned

Bluefield, WV

#11 Sep 21, 2012
yikes wrote:
They should ...but won't. It is a sad day for Pikeview. We finally had the best coach in this state and they let him go. What a bunch of saps! I know where this came from. The principle has allowed this. I shake my head at such asinine decisions. "do as I say or don't do at all" then the coaches, football, basketball, any sports coach has to tow the line or hit the door. A few of the inner circle buddies that are always behind such decisions of course. The up standing "yes" men/women of the clan.
yikes

Rupert, WV

#12 Sep 21, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text> They should ...but won't. It is a sad day for Pikeview. We finally had the best coach in this state and they let him go. What a bunch of saps! I know where this came from. The principle has allowed this. I shake my head at such asinine decisions. "do as I say or don't do at all" then the coaches, football, basketball, any sports coach has to tow the line or hit the door. A few of the inner circle buddies that are always behind such decisions of course. The up standing "yes" men/women of the clan.

I believe EVERY word of this, and know it to be true...

The Good Old Boy system is alive and thriving over there...just sad they are cutting off their nose to spite their face...on day it WILL catch up with them...maybe real soon..
DISAGREE about principle

Springfield, NJ

#13 Sep 21, 2012
Mr. D is a wonderful & caring man. I can't believe someone on here would blame him, if he ever had anything to do with getting rid of someone it would be for a VERY GOOD REASON. He loves & cares about the kids that go there..I do know this to be a FACT.
concerned

Bluefield, WV

#14 Sep 21, 2012
See!!!
Evidently he loves and care about a lot of things.
Can't do "NO" wrong!
DISAGREE about principle

Springfield, NJ

#15 Sep 21, 2012
Im sorry you lost a good coach, in your eyes, but Ive known Mr. D. since 2004 & I know for a FACT how much his students futures mean to him & I have nothing but upmost RESPECT for him. As I said before, I don't think he had anything to do with the decision to " get rid" of the coach, UNLESS there was a something HUGE that potentially could put students in some kind of danger & nobody knows anything about it. You need to get the whole story before you start pointing fingers. I'm sure you don't know the circumstances of who got "rid of him" of him & why. I am sorry though that you are upset about someone you obviously thought a lot about. I truly am.
Dophins Fan

Princeton, WV

#16 Sep 21, 2012
Mr. D is the reason I have a gambling problem. Was buying pigskin cards off him in the 9th grade. He never wondered how a 9th grader came up with a couple a week.
Now what

Huntington, WV

#17 Sep 22, 2012
Who will be the coach now? Will the old coach come back?
good ole boy

Rupert, WV

#18 Sep 22, 2012
Now what wrote:
Who will be the coach now? Will the old coach come back?
No doubt they have someone in mind...ahem...
concerned

Bluefield, WV

#19 Sep 22, 2012
They got rid of the coach because the kiddies cried about the discipline. Yep, that might endanger the children, some old fashioned discipline! Ha! ha!
The new coach? She'll have a hell of a team. Baw ha! ha! ha!
oh yeah

United States

#20 Sep 23, 2012
concerned wrote:
They got rid of the coach because the kiddies cried about the discipline. Yep, that might endanger the children, some old fashioned discipline! Ha! ha!
The new coach? She'll have a hell of a team. Baw ha! ha! ha!
Riiiight! DISCIPLINE. We all know where that got Wyo. East. All the way to Charleston year after year after year. Kids AND parents don't want to make sacrifices to be the best. It takes hard work and dedication of an entire team. There is always one maybe two players who can't handle the "You messed up so pay the price" rule. It's so sad because the players lost a great coach and many life lessons that help them grow to be respectful, productive young men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best bands in the region (Sep '10) 29 min Soap p-p-Poisoning 32
chick named fallon? (Aug '15) 3 hr Thb 11
Betty Gomez 3 hr Thb 14
Does anyone know how to file a complaint agains... 4 hr Impressed 34
boycott american women! (Jan '17) 6 hr honest jim 52
Dakota Parks 7 hr Britt 1
Mercer County Zoning 7 hr Billy 4

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance