Ace Appliance is a rip off repair and...

Ace Appliance is a rip off repair and resale store!!!!!!!

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WannaBee

Princeton, WV

#1 Sep 14, 2011
I have bought 4 appliances from Ace Appliance. It has been 3 months and only 1 appliance is working now. They won't fix any of them (even at a discount) because they are past the 30 day warranty. If they call themselves an appliance repair and resale then they HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!! They couldn't fix a flat tire, much less a refrigerator!! Who else have they ripped off???
hln123

Watertown, WI

#2 Sep 14, 2011
We have had them to repair several of our appliances and have done us good. I would recommend them to anyone.
me too

Sneedville, TN

#3 Sep 14, 2011
I have had the same problem wanna bee...our dryer quit working on the 31st day and they charged us to fix it because the warranty was up. it has broke three times in 2 months.
WannaBee

Princeton, WV

#4 Sep 15, 2011
me too wrote:
I have had the same problem wanna bee...our dryer quit working on the 31st day and they charged us to fix it because the warranty was up. it has broke three times in 2 months.
Then you agree with me. They can't fix appliances!! Thank you for your reply.
WannaBee

Princeton, WV

#5 Sep 15, 2011
hln123 wrote:
We have had them to repair several of our appliances and have done us good. I would recommend them to anyone.
You must be related or work for Ace, as know one has had anything good to say, but you. IF you keep dealing with them you will see their flaws eventually.
Info

Bluefield, WV

#6 Sep 15, 2011
I have also had them to repair several items and they have done a great job,
If you are not happy with the 30 day warranty they put on used appliances you should spend a little more money and buy a nesw item which has l longer manufacturer warranty.
hln123

Watertown, WI

#7 Sep 15, 2011
WannaBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be related or work for Ace, as know one has had anything good to say, but you. IF you keep dealing with them you will see their flaws eventually.
NO I am not related or know them personally. You sound like someone that wants an old appliance made new. They do repairs not miracles!!!
WannaBee

Bluefield, WV

#8 Sep 16, 2011
hln123 wrote:
<quoted text>
NO I am not related or know them personally. You sound like someone that wants an old appliance made new. They do repairs not miracles!!!
The problem is they don't know how to do a correct repair. When 3 appliances out of 4 need new parts in just over the 30 day warranty, then I personally think they are running a scam operation. Please everyone take note. DON'T BUY FROM ACE APPLIANCE of PRINCETON, WV!!
yep

Princeton, WV

#9 Sep 16, 2011
Info wrote:
I have also had them to repair several items and they have done a great job,
If you are not happy with the 30 day warranty they put on used appliances you should spend a little more money and buy a nesw item which has l longer manufacturer warranty.
Yep, and that's exactly what I did after viewing their dented , dirty looking appliances that they display on the show room floor. For the prices they wanted just buy a new one.
Customer

Bluefield, WV

#10 Sep 16, 2011
They have repaired appliances for us several times....they have always been profesisonal and done a very good job.
WannaBee

Princeton, WV

#11 Sep 19, 2011
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and that's exactly what I did after viewing their dented , dirty looking appliances that they display on the show room floor. For the prices they wanted just buy a new one.
Good for you. I am glad you did not buy one, not only do they look bad they don't work much past the 30 day warranty. Also, a new appliance has a great warranty.
WannaBee

Princeton, WV

#12 Sep 19, 2011
Customer wrote:
They have repaired appliances for us several times....they have always been profesisonal and done a very good job.
If you check around their repair rates are higher than other stores in the Princeton/Bluefield area. Glad they please you as I will never call or purchase an appliance from them again.
patron

Beckley, WV

#13 Sep 21, 2011
The have all ways been great on my appliances and not ever had a problem last time i was there they treated me great. They gave me a great deal and helped me and my family 6 out of great problem with a dryer.
My guess is some people want a new appliance for a low cost. My oppinion is why buy newer unit cause they are not made half as good as an older unit.
Me and my family are greatful to ACE APPLIANCE and all of its eployees. If anyone needs repair or just in tight spot for used unit I would reccomend going to see them first.
me too

Sneedville, TN

#14 Oct 23, 2011
bought an appliance there dint work aweek wanted me to haul it back there finally got it exchanged second worked abt week charged me to fix it and then it broke again charged me again , broke again, had it hauled off for free and bought new one. there was talk of lawyer and YOU SELL SHIT sign . I'l never go there again. By the way new fridge cost me less than the one I got there. I think tey do good on repairs of stuff they don't sell but don't buy there.
1 post removed
Been there

Princeton, WV

#16 Jun 25, 2014
I just wanted to warn everyone about this business. We called them to repair our dishwasher that was broken. They came a few days later. The repairman said he knew what was wrong and ordered the part for our dishwasher from the company.(Charged us $125 for service and labor plus we payed for the part bringing our total to over $210). A few days later they said the part was in and scheduled the day to repair it. The guy calls us before he arrives at our house and asks me if I can pull the dishwasher out for him before he gets there (did we not pay him for labor already??). We tell him no. Then he walks in and asks me for a wrench because he forgot his and he knows he will need it (who shows up with no tools to repair something?). Then after 30 minutes he claims the company sent him the wrong part and the dishwasher still isn't fixed. So they had to reorder the part (strange it was samsungs fault-not theirs.)
So we had to wait a week this time before the part came in. Then wait several days after that before they could actually come fix it. Finally after about 4 weeks total of trying to get them to fix our dishwasher, it worked!
Fast forward 47 days later, it's broken again. Exact same error code as before they "fixed" it.
I called politely to request they look at it again because it obviously was not fixed. I was told they only guarantee their work for 30 days. I would have to pay them another $125 to come look at it again. I asked to speak to the manager. Was told the manager wasn't there and will say the exact same thing. So basically I just want to warn everyone that if you have an appliance that needs fixed, do NOT call ACE repair. I believe they temporarily correct the problem to last for 30 days knowing you will call them back. This business provided poor customer service from the beginning and their repair work obviously is not legit. If there was another company in the area I would have used them. However, sears does not work on samsung dishwashers unfortunately. Please know that this company will rip you off.
Lynn

Princeton, WV

#17 Jun 25, 2014
Been there wrote:
I just wanted to warn everyone about this business. We called them to repair our dishwasher that was broken. They came a few days later. The repairman said he knew what was wrong and ordered the part for our dishwasher from the company.(Charged us $125 for service and labor plus we payed for the part bringing our total to over $210). A few days later they said the part was in and scheduled the day to repair it. The guy calls us before he arrives at our house and asks me if I can pull the dishwasher out for him before he gets there (did we not pay him for labor already??). We tell him no. Then he walks in and asks me for a wrench because he forgot his and he knows he will need it (who shows up with no tools to repair something?). Then after 30 minutes he claims the company sent him the wrong part and the dishwasher still isn't fixed. So they had to reorder the part (strange it was samsungs fault-not theirs.)
So we had to wait a week this time before the part came in. Then wait several days after that before they could actually come fix it. Finally after about 4 weeks total of trying to get them to fix our dishwasher, it worked!
Fast forward 47 days later, it's broken again. Exact same error code as before they "fixed" it.
I called politely to request they look at it again because it obviously was not fixed. I was told they only guarantee their work for 30 days. I would have to pay them another $125 to come look at it again. I asked to speak to the manager. Was told the manager wasn't there and will say the exact same thing. So basically I just want to warn everyone that if you have an appliance that needs fixed, do NOT call ACE repair. I believe they temporarily correct the problem to last for 30 days knowing you will call them back. This business provided poor customer service from the beginning and their repair work obviously is not legit. If there was another company in the area I would have used them. However, sears does not work on samsung dishwashers unfortunately. Please know that this company will rip you off.

Everything you said about Ace appliance is correct. Their service calls are outrageously priced ($125), their employees are Fly-By-Night jack legs, they do not stand behind their work, and their Receptionist is well-trained at defurring your "complaint call" back into your face.
So, my advice to you is, stay away from Ace appliance. FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN! They will burn you every time.
You stated you had to call them because there were no other repair companies in the area. I have been dealing with the absolute best Appliance repair business in the area. Next time try "Stutler Appliance & Refrigeration". Their prices are reasonable, their repair man is on time, fixes your appliance right the first time. Thank you for taking the time to read these comments. Live and learn through others.
Been there

Princeton, WV

#18 Jun 25, 2014
I did not realize there was another repair company in the area. Oh how I wish I had two months ago! But yes I've had several people tell me now about Stutler so I will definitely be giving them a call.
Oh and I forgot to mention that they also said that perhaps the part was damaged. Strange that samsung would send the wrong part the first time then send a damaged part the second time. Highly unlikely!
brooks

Bluefield, VA

#19 Jun 25, 2014
woodman

Princeton, WV

#20 Jun 25, 2014
Been there wrote:
I did not realize there was another repair company in the area. Oh how I wish I had two months ago! But yes I've had several people tell me now about Stutler so I will definitely be giving them a call.
Oh and I forgot to mention that they also said that perhaps the part was damaged. Strange that samsung would send the wrong part the first time then send a damaged part the second time. Highly unlikely!
the reason there employees are the way they are is because they only get like 7.25 a hr under the table and travel all over the place trust me I know for a fact my cousin work there he is on the road constantly for about 350 a week lol would you care how good you did your job being treated like
libby

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#21 Jun 26, 2014
The employees do not know a thing about what they ate doing. Otis can barely read well enough to know anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tammy Gibson 1 min keeping it real 1
family dollar green valley 1 min curious 1
Create your own Forum 1 min Autumn Returns 723
informant 3 min pooh 12
moose 6 min bored n 30 1
Kim 9 min pooh 9
(fight)Sunoco on Mercer st 1 hr 5FDP 14
dr steven o'saile 5 hr Tater Buggz 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance