Fibromyalgia Doctors
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sunshine

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2010
Does anyone know of a good caring doctor that treats Fibromyalgia in Princeton, Bluefield, or Roanoke. desperate for releif.
used to suffer too

Rocky Mount, NC

#2 Jan 11, 2010
sunshine wrote:
Does anyone know of a good caring doctor that treats Fibromyalgia in Princeton, Bluefield, or Roanoke. desperate for releif.
I suffer fibromyalgia. Talk about pain and misery. My doctor started me on Savella 4 months ago.(higher doses is used for depression). The Savella made such a big difference in my life. My skin used to feel like I had 1st degree burns, it hurt to be touch, I hurt all of the time. I lived on loratabs and zanaflex, you name it, I took it for almost 5 years. There were days that I absolutely wanted someone to shoot my sorry a**. The fibromyalgia made pms worse, I had migraines, I could give you a list that goes on and on. It took about 2 weeks for my body to adjust to the Savella. Now, I have more range of motion in my hips, my shoulders, my arms, hands and legs... my lower back made me miserable becuz of 3 herniated discs. The last 4 months of my life has been the best months that I've had in years. As for a doctor that specializes in it, I don't know of any, but seriously, ask your regular doctor about Savella.
sunshine

United States

#3 Jan 12, 2010
used to suffer too wrote:
<quoted text>
I suffer fibromyalgia. Talk about pain and misery. My doctor started me on Savella 4 months ago.(higher doses is used for depression). The Savella made such a big difference in my life. My skin used to feel like I had 1st degree burns, it hurt to be touch, I hurt all of the time. I lived on loratabs and zanaflex, you name it, I took it for almost 5 years. There were days that I absolutely wanted someone to shoot my sorry a**. The fibromyalgia made pms worse, I had migraines, I could give you a list that goes on and on. It took about 2 weeks for my body to adjust to the Savella. Now, I have more range of motion in my hips, my shoulders, my arms, hands and legs... my lower back made me miserable becuz of 3 herniated discs. The last 4 months of my life has been the best months that I've had in years. As for a doctor that specializes in it, I don't know of any, but seriously, ask your regular doctor about Savella.
Thank you so much. No one knows that kind of pain until they have been there. I will talk to my dr about it.
used to suffer

Rocky Mount, NC

#4 Jan 12, 2010
Savella is a fairly new drug. When he researches it, he will most likely tell you it's used to treat depression...

http://arthritis.about.com/od/milnacipran/a/S...
biggest baby

Bluefield, WV

#5 Jan 13, 2010
There's a certified rheumatologist doctor in Bluefield. A rheumatologist treats fibromyalgia.
Sarge

Thurmond, WV

#6 Jan 13, 2010
Thanks for this thread....My wife suffers terribly with this disease.I'll tell her what you all posted
sunshine

United States

#7 Jan 21, 2010
used to suffer too wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your info. I did research it and asked my dr for it. I am praying that it will help. Thank you
Fibromyalgia Suffers

High Point, NC

#8 Jan 21, 2010
You good people might wanna ask your dr. about prescribing Neurontin. Its used to treat a host of other things. Take mind it will actually make your mind so clear that it will run like a super computer..LOL..It will NOT give you a High but it will calm nerves that are inflamed. Its also great against depression for the fact it makes your brain neurons fire better. It also is designed to calm BACK nerves that are inflamed from Herniated, Ruptured, and even blown discs.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 22, 2010
Fibromyalgia Suffers wrote:
You good people might wanna ask your dr. about prescribing Neurontin. Its used to treat a host of other things. Take mind it will actually make your mind so clear that it will run like a super computer..LOL..It will NOT give you a High but it will calm nerves that are inflamed. Its also great against depression for the fact it makes your brain neurons fire better. It also is designed to calm BACK nerves that are inflamed from Herniated, Ruptured, and even blown discs.
I tried the nurontin, it did make me have a sick high. Dr put me on lyrica it has helped. i know what kind of pain you all are going through.
tamara crowe

Bluefield, WV

#10 Jan 22, 2010
i too suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia. im 32 and have been goin thru alot of pain for a cpl of years. neurontin has been a lifesaver for me, as well as mobic. there are still doctors out there who do not believe that fibromyalgia is an acutall disease. until they have suffered from it, they will never know. has anyone tried to form a support group or something to that effect? i would like to participate and see what others are doing to cope with the pain.
sunshine

United States

#11 Jan 22, 2010
I do take nurontin & it helps alot. Makes me very tired. But it doesn't relieve the pain enough. There used to be a support group at the library in Bluefield,Wv. But there were only two of us that showed up every week but it was helpful. I learned alot & wish they would bring it back.
Real deal

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Jan 22, 2010
Thank you all for the information. I have a friend that suffers daily from this disease, and this might help.
info4u

Princeton, WV

#13 Jan 22, 2010
I am also a fibro sufferer Dr Sakili not sure if spelling is right he is a rheumatologist in Beckley I go to, he is great !hope this helps
suffering in alaska

Anchorage, AK

#14 Apr 27, 2010
I have suffered with my joints (shoulder, hips inside of knees) you name it. This has been going on for almost a year now. I have night sweats & haven't gotten a decent nights sleep in almost a year, constanlty tired no energy suffer from migraines which have gotten worse. My family doctor has put me through all sorts of tests. I'm getting discouraged with everyday that goes by. I'm not able to do the things I use to. Fish camp pick berries go hiking or even play with my daughters. I have a 10 year old and a 2 1/2 year old (with has cerebal palsy) they take ALOT of energy!! Which I have NONE!! My memory & concentration are shot & at this point I'm grasping at straws. My doctor has me on cymbalta but doesn't seem to help, now he wants to do "trigger point injections" I JUST WANT THE PAIN TO STOP!! Any suggestions? Sorry so long!!

Level 1

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#15 Apr 27, 2010
This is going to sound insane and my not apply to some Fibro people but if you have these symptoms and you drink diet soda and or use artificial sweetener then stop drinking it and in 1-2 months see how you feel. That stuff is poison for some people and can make certain people have those same symptoms.
oh yeah its real

Lerona, WV

#16 Apr 27, 2010
suffering in alaska wrote:
I have suffered with my joints (shoulder, hips inside of knees) you name it. This has been going on for almost a year now. I have night sweats & haven't gotten a decent nights sleep in almost a year, constanlty tired no energy suffer from migraines which have gotten worse. My family doctor has put me through all sorts of tests. I'm getting discouraged with everyday that goes by. I'm not able to do the things I use to. Fish camp pick berries go hiking or even play with my daughters. I have a 10 year old and a 2 1/2 year old (with has cerebal palsy) they take ALOT of energy!! Which I have NONE!! My memory & concentration are shot & at this point I'm grasping at straws. My doctor has me on cymbalta but doesn't seem to help, now he wants to do "trigger point injections" I JUST WANT THE PAIN TO STOP!! Any suggestions? Sorry so long!!
Give up all artificial sweeteners, especially aspartame. Taper off and quit soda. Ask your doctor for a prescription for physical therapy and get what they call MFR therapy. It will really relieve your back. Avoid deep tissue massages from massage therapists. Don't sit in the same position for too long!!! Good understanding therapy for fibromyalgia at Blfd. VA.
oh yeah its real

Lerona, WV

#17 Apr 27, 2010
Blfd VA is too far from Alaska to help you, suffering in Alaska, but Pro One Therapy is pretty well known in the area for good therapy and good advice. Dozens of people in the area got help from them when they were under a previous management, also. They taught me to WATCH eating or drinking phosphates. Read labels. Sleep disorders are linked to fibro, too, so talk to your doctor honestly about how well you do or don't sleep at night.
Really

United States

#18 Apr 27, 2010
Fibromyalgia Suffers wrote:
You good people might wanna ask your dr. about prescribing Neurontin. Its used to treat a host of other things. Take mind it will actually make your mind so clear that it will run like a super computer..LOL..It will NOT give you a High but it will calm nerves that are inflamed. Its also great against depression for the fact it makes your brain neurons fire better. It also is designed to calm BACK nerves that
are inflamed from Herniated, Ruptured, and
even blown discs.
I take that! It does help
some. My doc prescribed lyrica for me, but so far, insurance hasn't approves it, so I'm
not sure if it works
or not.
poppycocks

Bluefield, VA

#19 Apr 27, 2010
isn't this the disease they call it when they're is nothing wrong with you other than being lazy?
jungleman

Bluefield, WV

#20 Apr 27, 2010
Yes, fibromyalgia is not a real disease. It is something some doctors tell patients who they suspect are hypocondriacs so they can advise them in ways of "treatment" for their imaginary disease.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the beautiful red head in the silver For... 2 hr John 8 1
city fixing drains on mercer st 3 hr claire 6
Behavioral Health Pavilion (Mar '10) 3 hr toy5 37
All Area Athiest Need To Come Together And Stop... 8 hr FDG 90
Mercer County Family Court (Dec '10) 15 hr What_right 51
Keep a word, drop a word (May '12) 16 hr Princess Hey 5,639
Ryans 17 hr Pearls and Lace 7

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance