Assault at Mercer Mall
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Dec 21, 2011
Teenagers boys and girls grab a woman and try to take her purse. This was on WVVA. The Mall management did not want WVVA on their Property. I could not find any more information on WVVA web site which I think is strange. It was also mention about the drugs (crack pipes) , alcohol, condoms that are behind the movie theater. Teenagers are using the theater to do drugs ,drink and have sex. I wonder how many parents are aware and i wonder why the theater allows this.
Lashmeet bread

Parkersburg, WV

#2 Dec 21, 2011
fyi idc how old u are or what gender u attack me and ima leave u layin were i find u so beware
just curious

Beckley, WV

#3 Dec 21, 2011
Isn't the alleged victim a known drug dealer? Seems a bit suspicious.

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 21, 2011
just curious wrote:
Why would a drug dealer get on the news at the court house annex and tell this story?
Hawg Wild

Clay, WV

#5 Dec 21, 2011
just curious wrote:
I seriously doubt that. I saw the victem on the News and she was a very nice looking and clean woman.she damn sure didnt look like a damn druggie,Its just these damn theiving Thugs,turned loose to grow up like their no good parents are.If their parents were worth a fluck,they would know what their thugging children are out doing.

If I am in the Mall,I will have my protection with me,and let one of these theiving thugs try to rob me,or if I would see them robbing someone else,I would leave their no good azz laying.
Parents,If you care anything at all about your children,you need to keep a closer eye on them.Dont turn them loose to be a street thug.
Hawg Wild

Clay, WV

#6 Dec 21, 2011
Concern Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would a drug dealer get on the news at the court house annex and tell this story?
I agree!
This was a very nice looking,clean woman,that a few teenage street thugs tried to rob. Hopefully they will attempt to rob the wrong one soon,and they will be left laying in the street.
Its a damn shame that decent people,especially women and our elderly cannot get out and go shopping,for the fear of being mugged,by some young punk wanna be gangester. Looks like they will learn the hard way. Hopefully they will be caught and be put away,before some innocent person has to do away with the theiving B@$turds.
snh1

Lerona, WV

#7 Dec 21, 2011
Regina is no drug dealer, I hope the kids that done that to her ends up laying in a ditch somewhere dead ! Low life piece of shits need to get a job instead stealing off innocent people!
my 2 cents

United States

#8 Dec 22, 2011
I have no respect for these people. They need to all be shot plain and simple.
oh no

Beckley, WV

#9 Dec 22, 2011
isnt that regina murphy? the one who lays with guys that have the big bank accounts? goes to church then repents after laying with the guys at the church she is just trying to get attention by getting on the news truth be told she was peddling her ass and kept the money without providing her service the johns wanted their money back
Citizen Kane

Beckley, WV

#10 Dec 22, 2011
The Mall needs to improve it's security, both by physical and electronic presence inside and out. They need to enforce the rules they have regarding loitering and gatherings.
Be real about it MM management- what's it going to take... someone getting killed out there before you do something???? You've already had many assualts and even a shooting.
What we DON'T need is vigilanty justice out there. People deserve to feel safe and be safe when they are spending their hard earned money without the fear of being attacked.
The Mall Security guards need to be better equipped to address the problem regarding the teenage problem. The Mall itself needs to be better equipped at addressing this also. Not all these kids are misbehaving and do spend money.
Just to put in place a rule of being chaperoned after a certain time is not good enough. You punish the whole for the actions of the few.
If you had programs or activities for the youth at the Mall whereas they could be monitored more closely would help. You have enough empty place in the mall to set up and activity area.
Now this is where the community leaders and civic groups can work with the mall to develop programs that would entice young people to want to behave and get involved.
CINEMA 8 --- the problem over there is outrageous.#1 their prices are outlandishly high for such and unkempt theater and the management knows it.#2 they have young people rumming the place without seasoned adult management. The young people working there are trying to earn money and should be commended for this however the management needs to also step up in control of its facility and not harass the paying customer with bag checks for food.(most people do not bring recording devices into the movies.
If the prices were lower then people wouldn't bring outside snacks.
The company should also increase the phyiscal and electronic security around the theater if that is what it takes to stop the problem that was reported on WVVA. How might one say can this be done? CARMIKE can upgrade its theater, install better lighting and cameras in the areas where these kids are said to engaging in the illegal or unsavory activity. Having an off duty law officer working is good but only if they do more than just stand inside watching the lobby.
Last --- Parents and Guardians DO have to take more responsibility for the actions of their kids. The mall management should press charges on parents who leave their kids at the mall and those kids misbehave.PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!!
Also

Princeton, WV

#11 Dec 22, 2011
Back in the summer there was a mall employee mugged as she went to her car, but she was afraid to go on T.V. because the muggers had her information concerning her address. There was also another girl at the mall and two guys tried to break into her car while she was getting ready to leave the mall. A young man that works at Chic-fila was mugged after he picked up his check and the mall security was alerted to all of these issues, but yet do nothing about it...and they wonder why people don't want to shop there, get security that knows how to protect the people and put camera's in the parking lot...sometimes I think we need to put captial punishment back into effect..People have concealed weapons and a permit to carry them, one day someone is going to mug the wrong person or attempt too and the end result will not be in their favor and this maybe just what it takes to stop all the madness...We need to make the public aware of what is going on at the mall...maybe if people stop shopping there until the security is improved then they will wake up or not..
One in the chamber

Keswick, VA

#12 Dec 22, 2011
That's why I carry whenever I go out.
Please try to rob me.
great place

United States

#13 Dec 22, 2011
I worked there part time and there was constantly someone shop lifting in all the stores. Teen age kids always stealing and running the hallways cursing and running into people.
We were told not to talk about it because it would hurt the mall "image" and business. Security at best was a joke.
That mall is so old and run down it's a shame they didn't build the one planned for behind WalMart but maybe if the economy gets better that will still happen.
TheTruth

Rupert, WV

#14 Dec 22, 2011
Im 16 years old and I know there's not a single fucking thing I own I wouldnt give someone, I would never murder them to keep material things. Anyone that believes its right in any manner to take someone's life over anything on you is fucking sick! If you give your possession up without a fight they won't harm you, if they still attempt to harm you you could injure them. I'm sure everyone that would love for someone to try and rob them so they can "take care of them" has never lost someone close to them. So think about how you would feel if you lost the closest people to you and consider that this person your about to kill may be just as important to there whole family as that one person is to you. When you lose someone you love, like a brother to a sick depraved bastard that just wants to kill someone is horrible! I'll never be the same! When he died so did everyone in my family and all of his friends. Just sayin! If a 16 year old drop out is smarter and can show more compassion than you people, you need to sit the fuck down and think! Nuff said here, you people decide, your worse than any mugger if you take a life.
Really?

Princeton, WV

#15 Dec 22, 2011
TheTruth wrote:
Im 16 years old and I know there's not a single fucking thing I own I wouldnt give someone, I would never murder them to keep material things. Anyone that believes its right in any manner to take someone's life over anything on you is fucking sick! If you give your possession up without a fight they won't harm you, if they still attempt to harm you you could injure them. I'm sure everyone that would love for someone to try and rob them so they can "take care of them" has never lost someone close to them. So think about how you would feel if you lost the closest people to you and consider that this person your about to kill may be just as important to there whole family as that one person is to you. When you lose someone you love, like a brother to a sick depraved bastard that just wants to kill someone is horrible! I'll never be the same! When he died so did everyone in my family and all of his friends. Just sayin! If a 16 year old drop out is smarter and can show more compassion than you people, you need to sit the fuck down and think! Nuff said here, you people decide, your worse than any mugger if you take a life.
So if I understand you correctly, and please point out where I'm wrong if I am, then your are saying to just "give" the mugger whatever they want. So if you came to rob me, I should politely hand over my wallet and and cash to you. Would you also like me to say "have a nice day"? I think not. I'm not going to say I relish taking a life; however, I will not sit back and gladly give you anything that you try to take. Period, end of story. If you want money do what everyone else does, work for it.
carrier

Princeton, WV

#16 Dec 22, 2011
TheTruth wrote:
Was your brother trying to steal something from someone that had worked for what they had? If so, he made the decision to participate in a behavior that cost him his life. It was not the victims fault. Why should I or anyone else "give up my possessions without a fight" to someone that is to sorry or lazy to work for what they want. As far as being smarter, are you getting your GED? Or are you out stealing from others and are afraid someone will shoot you for stealing from them? I have a news flash for you-using the "F" word and the other swear words doesn't impress anyone and just makes you look like a thug. So grow up and if you are out engaging in this behavior it is noones fault but your own if someone defends themselves. I support carrying a concealed weapon. I have a concealed carry permit, I carry everywhere I go and I will defend myself if I have too. My son was an innocent victim in an armed robbery so I have NO repeat NO sympathy for a thug. There is a BIG difference between murder and selfdefense. It is in no way depraved to defend yourself. So if I sound unsympathetic to your post it's because I am unsympathetic.
TheTruth

Rupert, WV

#17 Dec 22, 2011
If giving them your belongings means you will be safe and possibly the people with you will be safe then I would advise giving them whatever they want.. I never said anything about telling them to have a nice day, those are your words. If they want it they will take it regardless, you could have a gun but do you think there alone at that mall? I don't think so. You could be alone and feel threatend but if there friends or family see's someone pointing a gun at someone they love they won't think or question killing you. Just like everyone else your prepared to take a life over what you have in your wallet, that's what a 1000 or 2000 at most? I'm not condoning robbing someone's is right, I won't ever know why they do it. I was just saying you don't know what there background is so don't assume your money's worth more than a life.
Really?

Princeton, WV

#18 Dec 22, 2011
TheTruth wrote:
If giving them your belongings means you will be safe and possibly the people with you will be safe then I would advise giving them whatever they want.. I never said anything about telling them to have a nice day, those are your words. If they want it they will take it regardless, you could have a gun but do you think there alone at that mall? I don't think so. You could be alone and feel threatend but if there friends or family see's someone pointing a gun at someone they love they won't think or question killing you. Just like everyone else your prepared to take a life over what you have in your wallet, that's what a 1000 or 2000 at most? I'm not condoning robbing someone's is right, I won't ever know why they do it. I was just saying you don't know what there background is so don't assume your money's worth more than a life.
I'm reading between the lines here, but to me it sounds like you have partaken in these stealing events. You have been very quick to defend the ones committing the act. It's almost as if you have justified this in your mind. If this is in fact true, and I really suspect it is, then you are hoping that your prey is weak and defenseless. Well one day you might find that the person isn't as defenseless as you hoped. There are many different walks of life that carry such as women and elderly. I personally know people like this that do. And don't underestimate the ability of women or elderly in their marksmanship skills either.

I will concede that you are correct that the assailant's partners might be carrying as well; however, this could be true with your victim. There are many times when both my wife and i are carrying. When it comes to marksmanship I'll put my skills against any "thug" any day. Not many thugs go through thousands of rounds a year honing their skills but I do. I will not regret taking a life to protect me, my family, or what is legally mine. I will assure you I'll lose no sleep over it either.
TheTruth

Rupert, WV

#19 Dec 22, 2011
No I'm not in any way involved in any such acts, nor have I ever been. I knew someone that was accused of stealing, I was a witness to my friend being shot multiple times for a crime he never committed. I won't argue wiyou any longer, you sound like sick depraved people that just wants to kill someone for no reason. There you go assuming I'm a thug because I curse, every single kid I went to school with has the mouth of a sailor. So if you have kids I assume they curse as well. I was an A honor roll student that out smarted half of my teachers, I didn't feel the need to finish my honors classes. Yet again your not listening to what I'm sayin and your acting heartless. I could take apart clean shoot and reload every gun in my house when I was 8 so check yourself your not the only one, I was taught how to defend myself well and to never take I life when I could easily wing the assailant. If you had no choice to take there life after already injuring them, I understand. Think how upset you would be if you refused to hand over your wallet and they shot your wife and kid before you could draw? The damage would already be done, does the money still seem worth it to you? If so you don't deserve no wife and kids, nuff said. Learn to care people.
CCW

Marion, VA

#20 Dec 22, 2011
[QUOTE who="Really?"]<qu oted text>
I'm reading between the lines here, but to me it sounds like you have partaken in these stealing events. You have been very quick to defend the ones committing the act. It's almost as if you have justified this in your mind. If this is in fact true, and I really suspect it is, then you are hoping that your prey is weak and defenseless. Well one day you might find that the person isn't as defenseless as you hoped. There are many different walks of life that carry such as women and elderly. I personally know people like this that do. And don't underestimate the ability of women or elderly in their marksmanship skills either.
I will concede that you are correct that the assailant's partners might be carrying as well; however, this could be true with your victim. There are many times when both my wife and i are carrying. When it comes to marksmanship I'll put my skills against any "thug" any day. Not many thugs go through thousands of rounds a year honing their skills but I do. I will not regret taking a life to protect me, my family, or what is legally mine. I will assure you I'll lose no sleep over it either.[/QUOTE] I couldn't agree more. One of these idiots will pick an armed citizen to rob and, if he's lucky, will live to tell about the day he decided to turn his life around. These morons don't realize how many veterans and other trained and equipped citizens are out there. I for one would come to the defense of a complete stranger if they needed it. As a US Marine, I would take my chances defending against thugs rather than heeding to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Take one religion out take them all 18 min FDG 6
Freedom of everything is being taken way 23 min FDG 25
Princeton Bojangles is it closing? 3 hr Grassy Pavement 31
What age girl is to young for a 38 year old man? (Apr '11) 3 hr Alumni 241
missy b 3 hr Local outcast 9
dog fighting in princeton (Feb '15) 4 hr Honky Tonk 5
Mother files federal lawsuit over bible classes... 7 hr Ho Ho Ho kids 342

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance