raiders in parade-cancelled

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
butterfly

Sneedville, TN

#1 Dec 6, 2009
thanks raiders organzation for letting only a few selected people know that the kids would not be in the parade last monday nite. they were to all meet together, but some one cancelled it. again why is it some knows and some don't and that so much favoritize is shown. we all pay the same and our kids are out there busting their butts also. some parents got called ,and some was text. but there was some that showed up as usual, but i guess we were not important enough. money and kissing butt i guess really works.
Random

Rupert, WV

#2 Dec 7, 2009
I don't have a kid that plays football for them but I found out they weren't in it around 2 hours before. If your kids plays next year and If you have the internet my suggestion to you would be to open a facebook acct and become friends with several of the moms. That way you all could share the news. Hope that helps. Hope you have a merry christmas!
tiger fan

Tarboro, NC

#3 Dec 7, 2009
butterfly wrote:
thanks raiders organzation for letting only a few selected people know that the kids would not be in the parade last monday nite. they were to all meet together, but some one cancelled it. again why is it some knows and some don't and that so much favoritize is shown. we all pay the same and our kids are out there busting their butts also. some parents got called ,and some was text. but there was some that showed up as usual, but i guess we were not important enough. money and kissing butt i guess really works.
my kid found out early that day when it was announced at school.
Michelle Smith--Director

Beckley, WV

#4 Dec 7, 2009
The decision was made to pull the kids from the parade at a time during the day when it was pouring down rain! It was cold, wet, and not worth risking the kids health, for a ride down Mercer Street! When the decision was made, the only way to get the word out was to call the schools (Princeton Primary, Straley, Mercer, Glenwood, Melrose, and Princeton Middle) that are our district schools, the schools that they are suppoed to be attending if they are Raiders! The schools made the announcement, I talked to at least one person with a child in each school and they got the message, if your child did not bring the info home to you I am sorry, sometimes kids don't pay attention and miss out!
As far as you comment on showing favorites, here is how it works: I did post it to my facebook page, 3 times throughout the day actually to let people know! I did text some of the people because I do have their numbers on my contacts list on my phone, but guess what? The only reason I have their numbers is because I have developed friendships with them over the years, and do you know how???? Well, surprise, surprise, but it is from these people taking the time to work with the organization...you know help in the concessions, do their fundraising, pick up trash after a game, whatever they see me working on, they step in and help, I dont have to ask, they just help! It is what people do when they really care about their children and the things they are involved in!!! So yes, they are my favorites because they care enough to help with what this organization is trying to do! Yes, the people who are helping and doing will continue to be treated "special" by me!
Would you like to join the "Special People"? Then step up to the plate, and do your part as a parent, otherwise, please just continue to set back on your rear, BUT KEEP YOUR WHINING AND COMPLANING TO YOURSELF! In other words: mouth shut, the only people who care and will agree with you are other lazy parents!! I believe you were told in quite plain terms at the Banquet that we would not put up with this behavior any more, We meant it!
I have been a Director for a long time, don't have all that money you were referring to making a difference, and I have yet to kiss a butt or have mine kissed! I start in January on paperwork and donations for the Raiders. Deciding the fundraiser, starts around March, dates for signing up and suit-ups are set in April. And then thanks to the rude and obnoxious parents like you I am setting up many other dates to make up for the fact that what you had to do on the original sign-up day was way more important!!!!!!! Same thing with the suit-up date! This organization is about the kids, not the parents!!! I have gave up my time for the Raiders because I believe in it, and what it is here to do! My whole family, kids included have gave up time, I start at the field on game day 3 hours before the game is to start, and I am there at least two hours after the final game, where are you???? I know your life is so much more important, that you have to leave to get home and sit on your couch!!! I spend 3-4 hours a day on the computer from sign-up to grid time straightening out paperwork, something you have no clue on, but guess what, our teams would not be legal to play in the league if it wasn't done! I have spent days running all over Mercer County taking care of Raider things! And this year, I had the privilege of taking over as Director for all 4 teams, which meant twice the work, YOU ARE WELCOME!! Please feel free to send me a thank you note at any time!!!
SAM

Princeton, WV

#5 Dec 7, 2009
THANK YOU MICHELLE.
Humpty Dumpty

Charleston, WV

#6 Dec 7, 2009
Now that is what I call kickin' butt and takin' names....Way to go Michelle...I don't have a kid on Raiders, but I know Michelle and her family...they are good people....WAY TO GO MICHELLE...don't take any crap from them!!!
raidercoach

United States

#7 Dec 7, 2009
thanku Michelle(: I knew there was a lot of work put into the raiders, but I didn't know it was that much!!
retired raider mom

Tarboro, NC

#8 Dec 7, 2009
Thank you Michelle, coaches, parents, directors, and all other parents who are involved!!!!! I know its hard work and I appreciate everything all of you have done!
retired raider mom

Tarboro, NC

#9 Dec 7, 2009
Oh, "butterfly" I have no money,nor do I kiss ass. It is all about the kids, not the parents. I wish people would realize this.
butterfly

Sneedville, TN

#10 Dec 7, 2009
we care about our children, thank you'''' ,and by the way we only stated the facts about the parade, don't need a sermon from you,or to be told to keep our mouth shut, and yes it is about the kids''''''''' and by the way we said butt'' NOT ASS'' do as you wish and yes we do help AND ALSO KNOW HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS '' THE END''
Michelle Smith-Director

Beckley, WV

#11 Dec 8, 2009
There was no "WE", just you butterfly, and if you want to be part of the Raiders in the future than yes you do need to keep your mouth shut, you were told this at the banquet,again I repeat, WE MEANT IT!!!

It wasn't a sermon, just the cold, hard facts. You keep saying we, but there is only you, and I have seen no support yet for your craziness. At least I have the honesty and decency to use my name and not hide behind an internet tag!

Wanting your children to have everything at the expense of other peoples hard work, is not caring about them! Getting out there and working to make sure that what the are involved in, whether school,sports,church, etc, is a great experience, that is caring about them! My own children have been involved for years, but never have I singled them out, I have done for all 200 players and cheerleaders! If anything, my kids suffered because they have had to share their mom and dad with 200 other children! I think sometimes people forget that there is more than one or two kids up there, and when we say the "kids are what is important", we dont mean just YOURS!
jackie is my real name

Tarboro, NC

#12 Dec 8, 2009
this was my sons last year as a Raider. This is an excellent organization for the children. I help, because that is what I do. I enjoy volunteering, but have never kissed anyones butt!!!!!! Getting involved with the raiders didnt get my son any more playing time, special extras or anything. No favortism there. I have made many lasting friendships through the raiders. I appreciate all that they do. EVERYONE THAT IS INVOLVED THANK YOU!!!! Everyone who isnt.......... stop complaining and get involved! I will come and help anytime they need me, you never have enough volunteers and I enjoy watching the children play football and cheer!
SAM

Princeton, WV

#13 Dec 8, 2009
THANK YOU JACKIE
butterfly

Sneedville, TN

#14 Dec 8, 2009
sorry but i'm not crazy, ''THANK YOU'' and yes there is a we mentioned. and yes it's about all the kids, boys and girls.'' ALL KIDS'' MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A GOOD NITE.
wait

United States

#15 Dec 8, 2009
Understand your post Michelle but making a comment
only continues to make people talk. And you might
have used your name now..but you have made many comments on TOPIX that you haven't use your real name.So that makes you a part of it too.
butterfly

Sneedville, TN

#16 Dec 8, 2009
hey by the way, we are involed in our kids life from church ,schools, festivals, and yes sports. you are just assuming. anyways i'm done with this garbage. '' SO LONG'' THE TRUTH WAS JUST STATED. AND BY THE WAY SOME PEOPLE DON'T WANT SOMEONE NEW IN THEIR LITTLE GROUP. ''' 'FINISHED'''' SO YOU'LL CAN KEEP ON COMMENTING, CARING ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN IS ALSO SHOWING LOVE, AND BEING THERE FOR THEM IN GOOD AND BAD TIMES.
Michelle Smith-Director

Beckley, WV

#17 Dec 8, 2009
wait wrote:
Understand your post Michelle but making a comment
only continues to make people talk. And you might
have used your name now..but you have made many comments on TOPIX that you haven't use your real name.So that makes you a part of it too.
I have only commented on two other threads on here and on both I have used tags that you still know it is me, obviously, because you did. I do understand that this particular person wants the last word, and to continue to post will only keep it going. I have said my peace, Ijust nee people to understand that I do everything I humanly can for the Raiders, I in no way mean to ofend anyone but I will not be disrespected by those who want to take, take, take and never give back.
football mom

Beckley, WV

#18 Dec 8, 2009
Way to go Michelle!!!! MY kid played raiders 2nd grade on, through middle school, and now on the high school team!!! I have donated my time thoughout this time, and I enjoyed it!!
omg

Princeton, WV

#19 Dec 8, 2009
sounds like michelle is on an ego trip. what bout the parents that dont have 9 to 5, mon thru fri scheds? are they bad lazy parents? eff u if u think they are
WORKING

Cowpens, SC

#20 Dec 9, 2009
DOES MICHELLE WORK OUTSIDE THE HOME?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nastiest chicks in P-town (Jul '11) 28 min what happened to her 22
Good job Laci!! Lol 32 min money velocity 8
southern-x (Feb '11) 33 min what happened to her 39
Does anyone know Alma and Larry that live in th... 35 min money velocity 4
Please don't mow your grass during the day. Sav... 1 hr What aloser 8
Amber barker 1 hr Curious 1
Word association 1 hr SWAMP WITCH 257
More from around the web

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE