Gov. Romney and Rep. Ryan will raise ...

Gov. Romney and Rep. Ryan will raise taxes on the middle class

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fyi

Princeton, WV

#1 Aug 30, 2012
The Romney-Ryan plan would raise taxes on middle-class families with children by more than $2,000 a year. Their plan would raise taxes on 95 percent of Americans to pay for tax cuts for the wealthiest 5 percent. The Ryan-Romney plan would give every millionaire a new $265,000 tax cut on top of the Bush tax cuts.
new voter

Princeton, WV

#2 Aug 30, 2012
I think they both should have to live on $35,000 a year for a few years before they could run for office. They both grew up not wanting for nothing. They have no idea what it's like to have to worry about paying bills every month. Why can't an "average" American sit in the Presidents seat once, I know for a fact things in this country would change for the better for "everyone" then, not just big business and the wealthy.
in the know

Princeton, WV

#3 Aug 30, 2012
Both of you are exactly right. The sad thing is that the right-wingers around here will still vote for Romney. It all started back in 2000 when West Virginia voted for Bush. Had West Virginia voted for Gore, he would have won the election! Bush left the country in a HUGE mess that Obama is trying to clean up. Romney wants to continue giving tax breaks to wealthy people like himself.WE tried that under Bush. This policy DOES NOT IMPROVE THE ECONOMY!!! It merely benefits the extremely wealthy at the expense of the rest of us! And one more thing, why won't Willard release more of his tax returns. He still hasn't released his actuAL returns from last year.WHAT IS HE HIDING????!!!!
BARBER

Princeton, WV

#4 Aug 30, 2012
no romney and ryan is going to cut your checks out and you are scared to death that you are going to have to go to work. and that is what is going to happen because hard working people are tired of hussain and his commie ways. you dead beats around here are going to work if you want to eat. it will be good for you, you will learn to appreciate athings more when you work for it rather than getting it give to you.
No_No_Bad Dog_

Lerona, WV

#5 Aug 30, 2012
in the know wrote:
Both of you are exactly right. The sad thing is that the right-wingers around here will still vote for Romney. It all started back in 2000 when West Virginia voted for Bush. Had West Virginia voted for Gore, he would have won the election! Bush left the country in a HUGE mess that Obama is trying to clean up. Romney wants to continue giving tax breaks to wealthy people like himself.WE tried that under Bush. This policy DOES NOT IMPROVE THE ECONOMY!!! It merely benefits the extremely wealthy at the expense of the rest of us! And one more thing, why won't Willard release more of his tax returns. He still hasn't released his actuAL returns from last year.WHAT IS HE HIDING????!!!!
I believe that Romney should release 7 years of tax records if Obama releases 7 years of his college records.

BTW...how would a tax decrease for a wealthy person, say from the present 35% down to 30%, negatively impact your 28% tax rate?

Further -- you state that Obama is trying to clean up a MESS that Bush left. You're joking, right? The guy is in full campaign mode 24/7 and has been so for months.
No_No_Bad Dog_

Lerona, WV

#6 Aug 30, 2012
fyi wrote:
The Romney-Ryan plan would raise taxes on middle-class families with children by more than $2,000 a year. Their plan would raise taxes on 95 percent of Americans to pay for tax cuts for the wealthiest 5 percent. The Ryan-Romney plan would give every millionaire a new $265,000 tax cut on top of the Bush tax cuts.
Another plagiarized set of words. No attribution. Shows weak thinking or maybe no thinking. Just repeat a lie you've read.
TYL

Rupert, WV

#7 Aug 30, 2012
I guess you don't look up facts do you.
No_No_Bad Dog_

Lerona, WV

#8 Aug 30, 2012
TYL wrote:
I guess you don't look up facts do you.
Earn a million and pay, on average,$327,000 in income taxes. Their taxes under Romney-Ryan would be $62,000? Really?
Don

Princeton, WV

#9 Aug 31, 2012
Romney's beliefs on God are the most important thing. You better study a little about Mormonism.
No_No_Bad Dog_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Earn a million and pay, on average,$327,000 in income taxes. Their taxes under Romney-Ryan would be $62,000? Really?
BARBER

Princeton, WV

#10 Aug 31, 2012
west virginia voters will vote for romney because barrak is shuting coal down. where does your money come from ? COAL

Level 4

Since: Apr 08

Rock, WV.

#11 Aug 31, 2012
Where are the facts to back up these tax claims?
in the know

Princeton, WV

#12 Aug 31, 2012
No_No_Bad Dog_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that Romney should release 7 years of tax records if Obama releases 7 years of his college records.
BTW...how would a tax decrease for a wealthy person, say from the present 35% down to 30%, negatively impact your 28% tax rate?
Further -- you state that Obama is trying to clean up a MESS that Bush left. You're joking, right? The guy is in full campaign mode 24/7 and has been so for months.
WEll..for one thing..Romney wants to eliminate the deduction for mortgage interest and state and local taxes. Why would you support giving tax breaks to millionaires and pay higher taxes yourself! If Romney wins, that is what will happen!!
BARBER

Princeton, WV

#13 Aug 31, 2012
election day you will see the facts
Try again

Oakvale, WV

#14 Sep 1, 2012
Don wrote:
Romney's beliefs on God are the most important thing. You better study a little about Mormonism.
<quoted text>
What abut Obama's beliefs on God . You better study a little about Islam.
in the know

Princeton, WV

#15 Sep 2, 2012
BARBER wrote:
election day you will see the facts
Yes we will, and Romney will be going back to one of his many homes..probably the one in California with the elevator lifts for his many cars!!!
in the know

Princeton, WV

#16 Sep 2, 2012
Try again wrote:
<quoted text>
What abut Obama's beliefs on God . You better study a little about Islam.
Obama is NOT a Muslim you idiot!!!
No_No_Bad Dog_

Lerona, WV

#17 Sep 2, 2012
in the know wrote:
<quoted text>WEll..for one thing..Romney wants to eliminate the deduction for mortgage interest and state and local taxes. Why would you support giving tax breaks to millionaires and pay higher taxes yourself! If Romney wins, that is what will happen!!
Eliminating "loopholes" is desirable isn't it? The mortgage deduction is one of the biggest "loopholes" there is, put there to satisfy the realty industry's desire to get you to buy a bigger home (fatter commission for them) than you can really afford. It bothers me not one whit that someone who pays $2 mil for their home cannot deduct the mortgage interest on it.

I am in the dark as to what new tax breaks millionairs will get, and how that will cause my taxes to increase. Could you enlighten me?
in the know

Princeton, WV

#18 Sep 3, 2012
No_No_Bad Dog_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Eliminating "loopholes" is desirable isn't it? The mortgage deduction is one of the biggest "loopholes" there is, put there to satisfy the realty industry's desire to get you to buy a bigger home (fatter commission for them) than you can really afford. It bothers me not one whit that someone who pays $2 mil for their home cannot deduct the mortgage interest on it.
I am in the dark as to what new tax breaks millionairs will get, and how that will cause my taxes to increase. Could you enlighten me?
Well first of all, I live in a modest home. It cost around $120 grand. If I am unable to deduct that mortgage interest,and state and local taxes, then my taxes will be higher.The very rich will see their top tax rate cut. Plus, Romney wants to drastically cut the tax rate on capital gains. Do some research from non partisan groups and their analysis about how the middle class will basically get screwed if Romney-Ryan win in November!
Really

Princeton, WV

#19 Sep 3, 2012
If anyone listened to Romney's speech, he said his plan calls for the creation of 12 million new jobs. What he didn't elaborate on was how he and where those jobs would be manifested. If you read his body language; his facial expression chnaged and his head tilted to one side. That is a physiological sign that he has no clue on how to do this.
Sure this country has gone through some of the worse times in decades but the President did not promise complete turn around in 4 years.
Romney also blatantly called out our enemies for a confrontation. haven't our service personnel and thier families suffered enough? We need to protect our own front here at home. God Bless our service personnel. If you vor for Romney you are not looking at the facts. However you vote, vote regardless. If you don't then you have no right to complain when your taxes go up and your elderly pay more for medicare.
No_No_Bad Dog_

Athens, WV

#20 Sep 11, 2012
Really wrote:
Sure this country has gone through some of the worse times in decades but the President did not promise complete turn around in 4 years.
Yes, he did!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 42 min UTrashy 1,487
Michael at Grants In Glenwood 55 min Guy 1
Attention.Dr Hopkins Patients 1 hr Steven 2
how much is a 1974 14x70 mobile home worth? (Jan '11) 1 hr Jeremy 44
Hi Hello What's Up Amy 1 hr Amy Is A Joke 1
Tiger Football 1 hr Well 17
Princeton Renaissance Project: A Complete Failure 1 hr Employer 8
What does Prayer accomplish for jesus followers? 4 hr Sundog512 73

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web