Yes

Washington, DC

#21 Feb 20, 2013
Eric Underwood wrote:
I hope the whole damn hospital goes under along with the shitty managers and the rich f##kers that run that shithole. I dispised working down there when i wasted ten years of working down there. So whoever finds them a job down there all i got to say is DONT trust nobody that works down there or you'll get stabbed in the back like i did when i worked down there, even though i worked my ass off trying to please everyone down there. So good luck to finding a job at PCH.
Amen Eric, you are right along with many others as well. There are some great Managers; one thing to remember is management is never on the employee side. They make choices to cut corners, costs, employees, departments to keep the hospital being in a whirlpool. Befriending management is never a good idea they honestly will not remember you for long. Anyone who stands up for yourself than they will get rid of you. They feel threatened got to get rid of it. Glad to be gone. Like I said before and Eric mentioned as well. Keep your mouth shut, trust no one, yes every employee is only thinking of themselves and how they can advance. Normally it consist of getting rid of you.
get er done

Princeton, WV

#22 Feb 21, 2013
True YES and there have been some managers who did stand for right as well as some who still do. Afew left out of principle and some were fired for working with their employees. It's a shame, PCH used to stand for something and not just the bottom line.
employee

Princeton, WV

#23 Feb 21, 2013
employee wrote:
this department is like many there.the managers have been there so long they they no longer do there job.change is not always a bad thing.look at security out there.they have a new manager who has made a lot of changes.he works with his employees not against them.he also listens to there ideas.
no i do not work in security i work in the er.we get more help on dayshift now with our drug seekers.com e work in the real world sometime.
Hospital worker too

Princeton, WV

#24 Feb 21, 2013
employee wrote:
<quoted text>no i do not work in security i work in the er.we get more help on dayshift now with our drug seekers.com e work in the real world sometime.
Are we working at the same ER? surely you jest!!!
Why

Princeton, WV

#25 Feb 22, 2013
employee wrote:
this department is like many there.the managers have been there so long they they no longer do there job.change is not always a bad thing.look at security out there.they have a new manager who has made a lot of changes.he works with his employees not against them.he also listens to there ideas.
No one said change is always bad but some things don't need changing when they work. Not sure what went on in security or the dietary to cause change or to make judgement. I'll venture to say that there are some facets of those jobs that are still being utiized.
iobject

Bluefield, WV

#26 Feb 23, 2013
PCH is a business and it needs to make money to stay in business. Since they did not merge with Lifepoint there are no corporate dollars going into the facility. Merging means having extra dollars to buy more equipment, bringing in new hospital services, and buying other items that have long been on the wish list. PCH management is always looking at ways to save money and when their efforts are not enough, specific instructions for deeper cost cutting come from the administrative level. Having a corporate partner would bring nice changes to PCH.
Yes

Bluefield, WV

#27 Feb 23, 2013
iobject wrote:
PCH is a business and it needs to make money to stay in business. Since they did not merge with Lifepoint there are no corporate dollars going into the facility. Merging means having extra dollars to buy more equipment, bringing in new hospital services, and buying other items that have long been on the wish list. PCH management is always looking at ways to save money and when their efforts are not enough, specific instructions for deeper cost cutting come from the administrative level. Having a corporate partner would bring nice changes to PCH.
Would love to see the day PCH goes from a community hospital to Lifepoint or Carline. They day it does, I would return back to the hospital. When this happens, they must fire all HR and Administration personnel so great changes is made for the hospital to strive. Someone should put a bug into these larger companies to come back and harass for buy out.
Wowee

Princeton, WV

#28 May 29, 2013
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said change is always bad but some things don't need changing when they work. Not sure what went on in security or the dietary to cause change or to make judgement. I'll venture to say that there are some facets of those jobs that are still being utiized.
Wonder where security was today when employee's vehicle got covered with toilet paper and sticky notes? Inside vandalism? Blind eye?
not worried

Princeton, WV

#29 May 29, 2013
Wowee wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder where security was today when employee's vehicle got covered with toilet paper and sticky notes? Inside vandalism? Blind eye?
Probably had more important things to do. sticky notes and toilet paper- saw that too- wonder who's budget that came out of?
1 post removed
hmmm

Princeton, WV

#31 May 31, 2013
Wowee wrote:
<quoted text>
They might have been in on the prank
Yep

Beckley, WV

#32 May 10, 2017
Eric Underwood wrote:
I hope the whole damn hospital goes under along with the shitty managers and the rich f##kers that run that shithole. I dispised working down there when i wasted ten years of working down there. So whoever finds them a job down there all i got to say is DONT trust nobody that works down there or you'll get stabbed in the back like i did when i worked down there, even though i worked my ass off trying to please everyone down there. So good luck to finding a job at PCH.
That place has become another cesspool that needs to be drained, but there's too many idiots with big money running everything.
Space Cadet

Princeton, WV

#33 May 16, 2017
If ya wanna work back there after leaving ya better know somebody. If ya was fired for whatever reason short of stealing ya might luck up. They need to treat employees better. Good luck.
Falling

United States

#34 May 21, 2017
MY MY MY wrote:
<quoted text>
Make ya wonder whose community hospital is it? Now the kitchen is being outsourced. Seems like it's being sold by bits and pieces but bet somebody is getting a bonus. Mpre money going to a corporate outsider. What Dept is next?
This town is going to hell.
Space Cadet

Princeton, WV

#35 May 29, 2017
get er done wrote:
True YES and there have been some managers who did stand for right as well as some who still do. Afew left out of principle and some were fired for working with their employees. It's a shame, PCH used to stand for something and not just the bottom line.
Who got fired for working with employees? That would seem rather unproductive. Aren't managers supposed to work with employees?
Former employee too

Princeton, WV

#36 Jun 6, 2017
employee wrote:
Sure security has done well. But being a former employee ( not in Secuity) a lot of you guys or security department overall probably wouldn't in the positions that you have if it wasn't for your predecessors whether it was a former manager or coworker. Be glad that you have a job ,equipment and training that they put into place. I'm not saying that they were perfect by no means however they helped get the department and your manager to the point that you are today. Be glad that your new manager has made new changes but don't forget that he had someone to spur his abilities forward.
Catch up

Princeton, WV

#37 Jun 8, 2017
Former employee too wrote:
<quoted text> Sure security has done well. But being a former employee ( not in Secuity) a lot of you guys or security department overall probably wouldn't in the positions that you have if it wasn't for your predecessors whether it was a former manager or coworker. Be glad that you have a job ,equipment and training that they put into place. I'm not saying that they were perfect by no means however they helped get the department and your manager to the point that you are today. Be glad that your new manager has made new changes but don't forget that he had someone to spur his abilities forward.
"Employee"made that assertion in 2013. Pray tell what new improvements have been made since then? Better parking for us employees, a few new cameras, a new truck. Not bad huh?
Get er done 2017

Princeton, WV

#38 Jun 9, 2017
You people are hilarious. What's the new infatuation with security out there? Sounds like the making of a reality show. NOT !!!! Leave those boys n girls alone. Ya hear?
Carol

Beckley, WV

#39 Jun 21, 2017
Why in the world would you want to go back there? Ever since Barnum and Bailey announced they would no longer be touring all of their clowns have decided to go into management . The place is a cesspool. They have people managing that should have the initials CEO behind their name because they're doing things that no one will say anything about. They are causing the hospital to lose all credibility. Take my advice and stay away from there especially if you're a nurse. If something doesn't change they'll be going the way of BRMC!!!
1 post removed
Don

Hockessin, DE

#41 Jun 23, 2017
Carol wrote:
Why in the world would you want to go back there? Ever since Barnum and Bailey announced they would no longer be touring all of their clowns have decided to go into management . The place is a cesspool. They have people managing that should have the initials CEO behind their name because they're doing things that no one will say anything about. They are causing the hospital to lose all credibility. Take my advice and stay away from there especially if you're a nurse. If something doesn't change they'll be going the way of BRMC!!!
Carol, you dumb as hell.
Babs

Bladensburg, MD

#42 Jul 1, 2017
I wish BRMC employee would quit whining cause they have been busier since the computer attack loves
Now they can see just how busy pch is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mustang 4 min Truth 4
Oakwood Cemetery Confederate Flag/Memorial. 5 min Huh 13
bands in Princeton 15 min Dale 3
Driving Naked on 460 1 hr Solomon 7
paul scott 4 hr ✋️🌞 1
Lacy Reed aka Thomas Reed 6 hr MrT 23
Give Teachers a break! 9 hr Maryanne 17

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance