First Prev
of 2
Next Last
missin_you

Bluefield, WV

#1 Jan 24, 2008
I was sitting here this morning, looking through pictures on my computer and stopped at Roman's picture..

I'm sure a lot of you remember him, the accident on 460 on the final days of February. It took the lives of Roman McPherson, and Amber Sweeney..

I can't believe it's almost been a year.. It's like how did we all move on while he was gone.. I had the privalege of having him as a part of my family, and even though he is gone, not a day goes by that I don't think about it..
well

Bluefield, WV

#2 Apr 15, 2008
how was he part of ur family..becuz he was part of mine too...so i might know ya

“Gotta Love the Beagle! ”

Since: May 07

princeton wv

#3 Apr 27, 2008
Time just goes on, we have to get outta bed, got to work and then the next day comes.....its been 12 years since my brother was murdered and I still miss him like it was yesterday. May God bless and keep you and all the family and bring you comfort and the promise of seeing him again in heaven
missin_you

Bluefield, WV

#4 Jun 5, 2008
His step dad is my uncle.
Kara Pennington

Spout Spring, VA

#5 Jul 26, 2008
I love you Cuz I miss you soooo much! Wish I could go back in time to thanksgiving you holding matthew! Now my kids will never get to meet the best cousin ever!!!
Miss you gun

Waynesboro, VA

#6 Mar 2, 2010
miss you Roman you'll never be forgotten
His Mother

Roanoke, VA

#7 Mar 2, 2010
I didn't know Roman, but, I can only imagine what a fine young man he was and is in Heaven. I met his mother a while back. She's so sweet. I had seen her out and talked to her on several occasions, but, didn't realize who she was, until I saw her getting out of her vehicle. My heart cried for her. I introduced myself. I feel that he came from a very good upbringing and had God in his life. I almost lost my son awhile back and can imagine what his family must have had to endure. Everytime I go "Twisty Treat" on Rt. 20, I see his sticker in the window. My grandson asked me one day who Roman was, I explained to him what happened to him. He always points out to that sticker when we eat there and reminds me of Roman. I always make sure to buckle up and no one rides in my vehicle without doing the same. I feel like he has probably touched many lives even since his death, through the "Buckle Up" signs and stickers that are spread through out Mercer County.
May God bless his grieving family.
remember amber

Bluefield, WV

#8 Mar 2, 2010
i miss you amber. it really is a shame your "designated driver" wrecked your car and killed you, himself, and hurt 2 other poeple. i miss both of you guys though. can't change the past. you were an awesome girl amber. you are truly missed. roman was a great guy too. but i'll never know the reason he ran off the road. their lives were in his hands and he was driving recklessly? what a tragedy.
1 post removed
Is you

Tarboro, NC

#10 Mar 2, 2010
Are you Samantha (remember amber) I bet you are.
1 post removed
Unnecessary

Beckley, WV

#12 Mar 4, 2010
remember amber wrote:
i miss you amber. it really is a shame your "designated driver" wrecked your car and killed you, himself, and hurt 2 other poeple. i miss both of you guys though. can't change the past. you were an awesome girl amber. you are truly missed. roman was a great guy too. but i'll never know the reason he ran off the road. their lives were in his hands and he was driving recklessly? what a tragedy.
Although I did not know any of them, I did hear about what happened and it is heartbreaking! You said yourself that you do not know the reason he ran off the road so for you to place blame as you did was really uncalled for. I feel certain that he did not intentionally hurt anyone.
gray skies

Smoot, WV

#13 Mar 4, 2010
How are the two that survived it doing now? I never heard the full extent of their injuries or prognosis. It's sad when anyone has lost their life, everyone has family, friends or someone who cares for them and when they lose a loved one it makes the sky's gray everyday from there on out.
remember amber

Bluefield, WV

#14 Mar 4, 2010
Is you wrote:
Are you Samantha (remember amber) I bet you are.
no, and roman was supposed to be the designated driver but instead he was showing off in amber's civic going at excessive speeds around a very sharp curve. can we say genius?
remember amber

Bluefield, WV

#15 Mar 4, 2010
Unnecessary wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I did not know any of them, I did hear about what happened and it is heartbreaking! You said yourself that you do not know the reason he ran off the road so for you to place blame as you did was really uncalled for. I feel certain that he did not intentionally hurt anyone.
well maybe if you knew amber you would understand but you dont so butt out.
Have some class

Beckley, WV

#16 Mar 4, 2010
remember amber wrote:
<quoted text>
well maybe if you knew amber you would understand but you dont so butt out.
I am very sorry that you lost your friend; from what I understand it was a horrible accident. But you will someday look back and hate yourself for blaming him. You know full well that boy did not wake up that morning and think to himself that he was going to kill one of his friends and hurt two others. I am sure the families of all of them have been through more than enough already without having to hear things like that said about him. You said yourself he was a great guy and I'm sure he was; he just happened to make a terrible mistake.
Soo

Tarboro, NC

#17 Mar 4, 2010
remember amber wrote:
<quoted text>
no, and roman was supposed to be the designated driver but instead he was showing off in amber's civic going at excessive speeds around a very sharp curve. can we say genius?
Can we say TEENAGER?? Can we say HYPOCRYTE! I'm Sure that you haven't ever speed huh?! I bet. Dumb b!tch!!!
WTF

Kingsport, TN

#18 Mar 4, 2010
remember amber wrote:
<quoted text>
you werent there and you dont know at what speed he was going or that he was showing off in amber's car!!! Roman is my nephew and im very pissed that you would talk about him like this!! remember amber all you want BUT dont talk about roman!!!
Sunshine

Beckley, WV

#19 Mar 4, 2010
Wow! It is a shame that you wont let him rest in PEACE! He is not here to defend himself therefore you should not even talk about something that you do not know jack crap about! Amber and Roman both were very good friends on mine and I am pretty sure that he did not do anything on purpose! Drop it!
Guy on internet

Beckley, WV

#20 Mar 4, 2010
I don't know Roman sadly in the time he was here. I know he's a distant cousin of mine but sadly I never really got a chance to get to know him...i was older and all and not in his age range.

May he RIP. I'm sure like someone posted , he never woke up and thought he would die that day. Would any of us ? Life is fleeting .
Wondering

Parkersburg, WV

#21 Mar 5, 2010
This thread started out to be very touching but like most things on here is turns out bad. I knew neither of these people but it still is a tragic loss for all involved and anger doesn't help anything. Maybe we should ask how would Amber or Roman feel about what is said before you post.
Never know

Lubbock, TX

#22 Mar 6, 2010
remember amber wrote:
I understand that you must deeply miss Amber and I am sure you loved her very much. I understand that you blame Roman for her death. But you need to understand that Roman yes may have made a mistake while driving and it ended his and someone elses life. He did not do that on purpose. You also need to understand that he also had people who loved and miss him as you do Amber. How would you feel if someone got on here talking about a mistake or accident that Amber had done in her lifetime?? You would be very upset. You have said it yourself you nor I nor anyone really knows what happened that night. Yes they have said that Roman was driving to fast. I can say that I have broken the law before by speeding and I am sure you have too. We are very lucky that we didnt loose control or someone else driving on the road didnt loose control and we could have lost our lives. I did not know Roman or Amber. I did know friends and family of theirs and helped though their hard time. What happened, HAPPENED. You, I nor anyone can change that. It is sad that god has a plan for us and knows from the day we are born what day we will die. He was ready to accept Amber and Roman that day. If he wasnt ready to accept them into his kingdom they both would be here with us today. Lets remember the good that Amber and Roman did. How great people they were. Keep the goodness they did alive. It didnt die with them, it is in all of us. Do something good today and say to Amber in heaven that you did that for her. Do that everyday and you will be such a better person. Everyone who knew Roman do that to everday. Getting on here talking bad about either of them is horrible. I understand that you are still grieving but grieve in a possitive way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justin Pettrey 6 min Russ 3
Mitchem's Music Barn 11 min germaine 12
Eden (Apr '15) 13 min Booker 52
Princeton Moose lodge.... Is it closing down ?? 14 min Pablo 9
Are they real gypsies? (Oct '10) 20 min Fashonpleece 33
What is a gypsy? (May '11) 25 min Fonebone 189
Princeton midget, peewee football league 29 min journalist 1
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 39 min Mark mark 45,017
More from around the web

Personal Finance