Show Some Respect

Oakvale, WV

#117 Jan 25, 2013
wow wrote:
I only have the sabika but I like the idea of the "fauxbika" because you can customize. Yes the settings and stones look like the sabika but the patterns and colors of stones are different. If anyone has noticed sabika has gotten away from doing the traditional sets these other ladies are doing. The only reason I feel like sabika is suing is because they've cut into there profits a little. If sabika had a little bit more affordable jewelry than I'm sure more would buy it. However I do think it's a little funny these women that make the "fauxbika" are getting all upset. You shouldn't have been such b*%#^es about where you were getting the stuff from to make it. That's why sabika is only calling out a few people for the suit. It's because of GREED. If more were making it sabika would've never found out every person that was doing it.
Excuse me. There's no such thing as fauxbika. It's Goshen Sparkling. No greed involved or prices would be much higher. The Swarovski crystals and chains, etc. are very expensive to purchase. Time and labor must be taken into account. Gas and vehicle maintenance to travel as far away as they have for parties/shows. Sometimes booth rental as well. Seems to me the women of Goshen left greed out of the equation when they began their company. They have prospered without price gouging because of the large volume in sales they have made through the quality of their pieces, hard work, honesty, helping others, and giving the glory to God.
Show Some Respect

Oakvale, WV

#118 Jan 25, 2013
It Looks Cheap wrote:
It still looks cheap! You people are so funny fighting over this overpriced tacky trailer park looking JUNK. Geeeeez....You impress NOONE when you wear it. Trust me. I suppose you may impress each other. I mean, wearing that cheap looking garb on your person gives you what exactly? Definately not social status! You all go to the parties and know what each piece of cheap junk costs and that is the only thing people see about you. You don't pay your bills in order to say "looky how stupid I was to pay 200.00 for junk" UNREAL. We all laugh you ignorant women! I am sure a courtroom will laugh all of you right out the doors!
I hardly call myself looking cheap when the three diamonds on my fingers are worth more than $15,000. Women of all social ranks wear costume jewelry. The quality does vary, but There's nothing cheap looking about Goshen or I wouldn't wear it.
wow2

Alexandria, VA

#119 Jan 25, 2013
Show Some Respect wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me. There's no such thing as fauxbika. It's Goshen Sparkling. No greed involved or prices would be much higher. The Swarovski crystals and chains, etc. are very expensive to purchase. Time and labor must be taken into account. Gas and vehicle maintenance to travel as far away as they have for parties/shows. Sometimes booth rental as well. Seems to me the women of Goshen left greed out of the equation when they began their company. They have prospered without price gouging because of the large volume in sales they have made through the quality of their pieces, hard work, honesty, helping others, and giving the glory to God.
Greed was never left out of the equation or you would've never coppiced someone else's design. You knew taking on doing shows and parties it was going to be wear and year or your vehicle. I'm sure you still made a profit. Just quit complaining. The "fauxbika" will be shut down for copying someone else idea. As big of a company as sabika is no wonder you all are on here running your mouths is because you know the S*^T is about to hit the fan.
Laughing and lovin it

Washington, DC

#120 Jan 25, 2013
wow2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Greed was never left out of the equation or you would've never coppiced someone else's design. You knew taking on doing shows and parties it was going to be wear and year or your vehicle. I'm sure you still made a profit. Just quit complaining. The "fauxbika" will be shut down for copying someone else idea. As big of a company as sabika is no wonder you all are on here running your mouths is because you know the S*^T is about to hit the fan.
Yes, you're right. It is about to hit the fan and when it does all the backstabbers and cry babies will be exposed. Everyone in this town will know who you are without a doubt. You'll have to prove your character to everyone when you're exposed for what you REALLY are rather than what you pretend you are. You're as fake as the jewelry being made. Pretending to be all high class when everyone knows the truth. If you were such an upstanding person you would use your real name and say what you have to say to all the fake makers directly and not hide behind your "fake" name!!
Fake Sabika Fan

Welch, WV

#121 Jan 25, 2013
I think we should have a reality show called The Sabika Wars.
Laughing and lovin it

Alderson, WV

#122 Jan 25, 2013
Fake Sabika Fan wrote:
I think we should have a reality show called The Sabika Wars.
I agree!!
Show Some Respect

Oakvale, WV

#123 Jan 25, 2013
wow2 wrote:
<quoted text>Greed was never left out of the equation or you would've never coppiced someone else's design. You knew taking on doing shows and parties it was going to be wear and year or your vehicle. I'm sure you still made a profit. Just quit complaining. The "fauxbika" will be shut down for copying someone else idea. As big of a company as sabika is no wonder you all are on here running your mouths is because you know the S*^T is about to hit the fan.
Excuse me, but I have nothing to do with the company. I am merely a customer who also knows the women who do. Your venomous rant is proof of what lies in your heart. I simply explained how to my eye there couldn't be greed involved since they don't have the huge mark-up that Sabika dealers do. Sabika's are ready made products that are shipped to the dealers. There's a lot more time and effort involved with Goshen. There are NO copies of Sabika made whatsoever. Swarovski sells their product to numerous businesses to be used in their designs. Nor is there a huge profit margin. The last thing I wish to do is bring harm to Goshen. I just wanted to give a clearer picture to those who may not understand. At no time did I attack Sabika. People are free to purchase from whom they please. I apologize for causing you such anguish.
jack

Kinston, NC

#124 Jan 25, 2013
problem is they are selling it as sabika knockoffs, they are using the sabika name, they are copying the style of the jewelry they are copying the patterns.
does not matter if the not a diamond the people at sabika , took the time, and effort to copyright thier Idea and the style and patterns. they patented there idea, australian crystal arent fake they are australan crystals.

if they are fake y are these women charging such high prices, y because they are living on the tails of sabika...

they need to stop...
wow2

Alexandria, VA

#125 Jan 25, 2013
Show Some Respect wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me, but I have nothing to do with the company. I am merely a customer who also knows the women who do. Your venomous rant is proof of what lies in your heart. I simply explained how to my eye there couldn't be greed involved since they don't have the huge mark-up that Sabika dealers do. Sabika's are ready made products that are shipped to the dealers. There's a lot more time and effort involved with Goshen. There are NO copies of Sabika made whatsoever. Swarovski sells their product to numerous businesses to be used in their designs. Nor is there a huge profit margin. The last thing I wish to do is bring harm to Goshen. I just wanted to give a clearer picture to those who may not understand. At no time did I attack Sabika. People are free to purchase from whom they please. I apologize for causing you such anguish.
ok you claim to be a saint but yet your comment 2 hours ago was bragging about 15k worth of rings on your hands. Lmmfao!!! Go back to church. People like you need prayed for big time.
wow2

Alexandria, VA

#126 Jan 25, 2013
jack wrote:
problem is they are selling it as sabika knockoffs, they are using the sabika name, they are copying the style of the jewelry they are copying the patterns.
does not matter if the not a diamond the people at sabika , took the time, and effort to copyright thier Idea and the style and patterns. they patented there idea, australian crystal arent fake they are australan crystals.

if they are fake y are these women charging such high prices, y because they are living on the tails of sabika...

they need to stop...
agreed!!!!!!
These people are complaint that its there own idea but when they sell it they call it "the kind that looks like sabika" if they weren't saying the name sabika in there sales pitch it wouldn't be so bad but these "classy" "Christian" ladies are hypocrites. They'll get there's in the courtroom.
Laughing and lovin it

Alderson, WV

#127 Jan 25, 2013
jack wrote:
problem is they are selling it as sabika knockoffs, they are using the sabika name, they are copying the style of the jewelry they are copying the patterns.
does not matter if the not a diamond the people at sabika , took the time, and effort to copyright thier Idea and the style and patterns. they patented there idea, australian crystal arent fake they are australan crystals.
if they are fake y are these women charging such high prices, y because they are living on the tails of sabika...
Ok Jack, you know this to be true, HOW?
Make sure you know all your facts before you show everyone on here how stupid you are. Swarovski crystals come from Austria you idiot.
Search it on the Internet before you make a fool out of yourself again.
Have you personally heard these ladies say they're Sabika or sell it? If not, you're no better than the rest of the loud mouths spreading lies about innocent people. Get a life!
Show Some Respect

Oakvale, WV

#128 Jan 25, 2013
jack wrote:
problem is they are selling it as sabika knockoffs, they are using the sabika name, they are copying the style of the jewelry they are copying the patterns.
does not matter if the not a diamond the people at sabika , took the time, and effort to copyright thier Idea and the style and patterns. they patented there idea, australian crystal arent fake they are australan crystals.

if they are fake y are these women charging such high prices, y because they are living on the tails of sabika...

they need to stop...
They openly refute having anything to do with Sabika. They make no such claims. They design and name their own pieces.
Show Some Respect

Oakvale, WV

#129 Jan 25, 2013
wow2 wrote:
<quoted text>ok you claim to be a saint but yet your comment 2 hours ago was bragging about 15k worth of rings on your hands. Lmmfao!!! Go back to church. People like you need prayed for big time.
Where did I claim to be a saint? The point wasn't to brag about my rings' worth, but to demonstrate that women who can afford taste do, in fact, wear Goshen because of its beauty even though it is costume jewelry. Twisted words do not change the facts as I stated them.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Roanoke, VA

#130 Jan 25, 2013
Anyone can go on ebay or the internet and buy Swarovski crystals and metal settings. The stones cost less than 50 cents each and come in a box from Swarovski, not a baggie or some other wrapper. It has the Swarovski trademark. I have seen these boxes when they come to a girl I know that makes these, along with 25 other people I know that makes them.

Google Swarovski Crystals and you will see they are all cut glass, rhinestones but the home crafters do use authentic Swarovski as I assume does Sabika.

Google the settings - they are on the internet for sale $15 or so per necklace. They are nickel free and come in several PLATED colors. Now if these people can make money selling their necklace for $75 just think what Sabika is making as their profit!

I agree with people who will never buy Sabika again. I do believe their sales will decline. Home crafters can make items that are basic. They get them online and put the stones in the setting.

Sabika does offer pieces that the home crafters can not make at least those I've seen. They have lovely pearls, nice pendants, and the like. BUT they are going to lose me, and others as customers because of greed. I can live without pearls in my necklace.

I know of 25 or more people who make this type of necklace. For all the people who would buy a choker from a home crafter for $75 they would still go to Sabika for golf earrings, pendants, pearls - but I don't see many people liking Sabika for anything after this mess.

Home crafts have provided a piece of jewelry to women who otherwise could never wear these lovely crystals (NOTE: CRYSTALS not diamond). If you have money to buy the Sabika brand and prefer it then that is wonderful for YOU. However the people who struggle, but just really want one nice piece of jewelry for special occassions, they can get if from the home crafter. Letting women have something nice that they can afford. What is wrong with that?

To the lady who said Sabika is a better quality - then people who have the cash to buy better should do that. But the people who can't afford it should not be left out - let the home crafters continue!

As for taxes, all counties are different. Towns and Counties are different in the same County. Do you all pay taxes on the money you made at last summers yard sale? That is income. But as someone stated, there is a cap on what you can make without turning it in. Most home crafters don't come near that income.

If you call your local offices and ask if you need a business license you will learn that some counties do require one, some do only if you have a brick and mortar store or if you post a sign in front of your house or where you make the craft stating "jewelry for sale".

Sabika has lovely pieces. But if I want a necklace with my families birthstones in it Sabika can't offer that to me. If I want a puple and orange necklace Sabika can not offer that to me. If I want a pizza Wendy's or Hardee's can't offer that to me.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Roanoke, VA

#131 Jan 25, 2013
Jack they are not selling it as a "knock off anything". They are selling swarovski crystals in a metal setting that is nickel free.

Their brand is Goshen Sparkling, someone elses brand my be Tickled Silly, or Jelly Beans on a Stick but they are no knockoffs. They are real products by real crafters.
shuffle

Bellevue, WA

#132 Jan 25, 2013
im telling on all of you
Silly Silly

Princeton, WV

#133 Jan 25, 2013
Condultants and crafters can fight among themselves all they'd like. It doesn't change the fact that a large company is suing people from an economically depressed area for unspecified damages and demanding that they destroy perfectly legal materials, while placing all of the blame for the lawsuit on their consultants and possibly hurting their reputations in the community.

If Sabika has lost money due to crafters, it can only be because their prices are too high to be competitive, not because there is a similar product out there. Nearly every product out there has a lower cost alternative on the market, and their bottom lines are fine.

I've been reading a lot about this and I think some of you are pointing fingers in the wrong direction, but that's just my opinion.
shuffle

Bellevue, WA

#134 Jan 25, 2013
yes . this is mr. sabika . i want all of you to shut your mouths . im tired of hearing about it . i will here by drop the suit if all you women would just shut your dang mouths for 5 minutes . thank you
Concerned

Martinsville, VA

#135 Jan 25, 2013
If I was a consultant for any large company, I would be more concerned with the overload of consultants in one area for a particular product than I would for small local businesses. These small local businesses are doing more to make people aware of your product to benefit you and the large national company than they are hurting your business or theirs
well

United States

#136 Jan 25, 2013
Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a word, drop a word (May '12) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 4,220
Last word + 2 (May '12) 1 hr Theo 1,873
Word association 1 hr Theo 89
Marcus Hayes 2 hr Help 2
Bill Cole 6 hr Graybeard 17
Malorie found dead? 8 hr just wondering 3
Ash W porno 10 hr Greg P 1
Princeton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]