Former PCH Laundry Employees

Former PCH Laundry Employees

Posted in the Princeton Forum

Rember

United States

#1 Jul 16, 2013
Who used to work in the laundry dept at PCH and did anyone liked working there.
Former Employee

United States

#2 Jul 16, 2013
I worked there for a good while, it was ok place to work at when I first worked there but the management over that dept at the time we're Joyce Shrader and Mac McClanahan, the whole time I worked there I seen them treat their best workers like they were trash including me. Alot of their workers including me have left from down their due how we were treated over the years. I know when I got hurt on the job I was out of work for 6 months due to a serious knee injury and while I was following doctors orders Mac McClanahan threatened to fire me because he want me back 2 months after having knee surgery but my doctor said I wouldn't be able to come back to work in 6 months. Long story short after I returned to work I was treated like crap because I was off work for 6 months. If I had to do over again I would've never worked in that dept.
dadodaday

Princeton, WV

#3 Jul 17, 2013
you're kidding right?
Who Cares

United States

#4 Jul 17, 2013
Who cares about people that work at PCH, bunch of tards!
moonflower08

Bluefield, WV

#5 Jul 17, 2013
Working in a hospital laundry is hard work and anyone interested in this job needs to realize it's not a piece of cake. There is a staggering amount of laundry washed and dried every single day, and there's never a time when you can't look around and see many loads waiting to be washed. It's not like you get caught up and sit around waiting on something to do. You also have to remember, what you're washing is no where close to doing your own laundry at home. One minute you're handling tiny little baby gowns, and the next minute you're touching bloody surgical sheets. This job means a lot of walking and standing on your feet on a concrete floor all day long, in a very hot environment. It is hard on your back, your legs, knees, feet, etc. Even the most dedicated of employees just physically wear out from this type of work over time.
dadodaday

Princeton, WV

#6 Jul 17, 2013
moonflower08 wrote:
Working in a hospital laundry is hard work and anyone interested in this job needs to realize it's not a piece of cake. There is a staggering amount of laundry washed and dried every single day, and there's never a time when you can't look around and see many loads waiting to be washed. It's not like you get caught up and sit around waiting on something to do. You also have to remember, what you're washing is no where close to doing your own laundry at home. One minute you're handling tiny little baby gowns, and the next minute you're touching bloody surgical sheets. This job means a lot of walking and standing on your feet on a concrete floor all day long, in a very hot environment. It is hard on your back, your legs, knees, feet, etc. Even the most dedicated of employees just physically wear out from this type of work over time.
Totally agree. Hospital work is hard no matter what service dept. one works in. It's easy for people to tell one to stop complaining if one has never worked there.
Kenneth Q

Chantilly, VA

#7 Jul 17, 2013
Anyone there remember Tommy Walthall (if I remember the name correctly)?
dadodaday

Princeton, WV

#8 Jul 17, 2013
Kenneth Q wrote:
Anyone there remember Tommy Walthall (if I remember the name correctly)?
Did he work in security?
Joke

Princeton, WV

#9 Jul 18, 2013
Here it goes again!!! Why are people picking on PCH employees? The majority of them are super hard working people. Some of the ones who are no longer there were hard working people too. many of them friends.
Kenneth Q

Chantilly, VA

#10 Jul 18, 2013
Tommy Walthall organize the laundry at the hospital, probably about 40 years ago. Before that he worked as a route man for the old Majestic Laundry, same place my father worked and that's where I got to know him. Mary Eades owned the laundry. Al Turner was her brother and he also worked at the laundry as the man who kept everything running. Mr. Turner also owned the old Dinner Bell restaurant on North Walker Street into the 1950s.

I was born in the old hospital that was located at the corner of Main and Mercer Streets.
dadodaday

Princeton, WV

#11 Jul 22, 2013
Why can't the hospital get that shelled out space utilized? Total waste of $$ to provide power to it. Thought the VA would have gotten it by now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DDD's Auto Repair New Location 2 hr Customer 7
Hairy chests and backs 2 hr GetRealHighonPot 11
March for LBGQT rights and freedoms 2 hr GetRealHighonPot 49
Atheist Thread 4 hr Hmmm 17
Dr Kelsey Mills 6 hr LOL 5
purge 7 hr PURGE 89 1
More Taxes! 10 hr Fed Up 1

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance