what the hell has happened to walmart

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jack

Parkersburg, WV

#1 Dec 31, 2011
i moved out of town five years ago.just moved back.I went to walmart in princeton and my goodness what the hell has happened to that place?
Bad management

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Dec 31, 2011
They ride a gifted horse to death. They work the hard workers to death while loafers and old people do hardly anything at all. They can not keep most of the good honest workers. The promotions are unfair as well. Humans make the promotional decisions and what do you expect humans do? Make errors! 95% of the people that can go somewhere else better do, what is left behind is leftovers. Megan even walked out one day and never went back to jewerly coordinator. She will probably finish up her degree and start off with a new job making ten times more with benefits. It seems like there is inside struggles between management as well. The rift has been escalating for quite some time. I have never seen so many miserable people working in one place my whole life. Not all Wal-marts are like this one.
checkmate

Camp Creek, WV

#3 Dec 31, 2011
Bad management wrote:
They ride a gifted horse to death. They work the hard workers to death while loafers and old people do hardly anything at all. They can not keep most of the good honest workers. The promotions are unfair as well. Humans make the promotional decisions and what do you expect humans do? Make errors! 95% of the people that can go somewhere else better do, what is left behind is leftovers. Megan even walked out one day and never went back to jewerly coordinator. She will probably finish up her degree and start off with a new job making ten times more with benefits. It seems like there is inside struggles between management as well. The rift has been escalating for quite some time. I have never seen so many miserable people working in one place my whole life. Not all Wal-marts are like this one.
Tell those poor workers to go to fast food. They always need hard workers.
fran

Parkersburg, WV

#4 Jan 1, 2012
someone told me that walmart is just using that store as a tax write-off.thats why it has gone down so.
Checkmate insane

Bluefield, WV

#5 Jan 1, 2012
Checkmate the ones that steal and get fired might have to go to fastfood. The ones that do not get in trouble will have no problem finding a better job.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#6 Jan 3, 2012
Maybe the store is not only a reflection of the employees but the customers they serve as well. Look around and pay attention to the clientele next time you go in and see if the store is adjusted itself to that level. In larger cities with multiple Walmarts, there is a noticeable correlation in the stores to the neighborhood.
Zonker

Bluefield, WV

#7 Jan 3, 2012
Thomas A, you're exactly right. I lived for several years in a large city and I have seen the difference. I saw it mostly in grocery stores. If you went to a grocery store in a more affluent section of town the produce and meats were far superior than that available in poor neighborhoods. If you have a mob of trashy people coming in a store day in and day out it will take a toll on the appearance and the management. You can only clean up after these animals for a few years then you just throw your hands up and give in.
maybe

United States

#8 Jan 3, 2012
Wish Matt or George was back.
1 post removed
wal mart worker

Princeton, WV

#10 Jan 4, 2012
I personally work at the Princeton Wal Mart. and I do have to agree with some of these statements. but for some if management is going to treat their workers like crap and threaten them on a daily basis with their job, what do you expect you are going to get out of them? crap.. duh.. We are all human beings. we give our job our all, yeah everyone has a bad day. give someone a break, we are trying. maybe if they would quit worrying about making it so easy for overnights. they can do their job we dont have to do it for them.. the barely stock anything. maybe thats why we have so much backstock.. huh.. the unloader crew consists of 7 people with an average of 4 people a day, how do you expect them to unload trucks, do picks and pull all backstock to the floor? those guys are being worked to the max. and then chad and michael are gonna tell them they cant leave til something is done, well get them the help they need and not just send a few back to help for 10 or 15 minutes.. their shift ends at 1:00 am they are not obligated to the store one minute beyond 1:00.. it doesnt matter what is left they dont have to stay. if management doesnt think they are doing their job then they have cameras go watch and see what they are doing. most of the are working, and giving their all.. i thin if the threats dont stop the unloaders gonna all go to terry and get the problem fixed..
class of 2010

United States

#11 Jan 4, 2012
wal mart worker wrote:
I personally work at the Princeton Wal Mart. and I do have to agree with some of these statements. but for some if management is going to treat their workers like crap and threaten them on a daily basis with their job, what do you expect you are going to get out of them? crap.. duh.. We are all human beings. we give our job our all, yeah everyone has a bad day. give someone a break, we are trying. maybe if they would quit worrying about making it so easy for overnights. they can do their job we dont have to do it for them.. the barely stock anything. maybe thats why we have so much backstock.. huh.. the unloader crew consists of 7 people with an average of 4 people a day, how do you expect them to unload trucks, do picks and pull all backstock to the floor? those guys are being worked to the max. and then chad and michael are gonna tell them they cant leave til something is done, well get them the help they need and not just send a few back to help for 10 or 15 minutes.. their shift ends at 1:00 am they are not obligated to the store one minute beyond 1:00.. it doesnt matter what is left they dont have to stay. if management doesnt think they are doing their job then they have cameras go watch and see what they are doing. most of the are working, and giving their all.. i thin if the threats dont stop the unloaders gonna all go to terry and get the problem fixed..
100% agree! Chad and Michael are 2 lazy and worthless managers. Mike dont know anything and Chad is to busy stealing workers from other areas to get his stuff done and make himself look good. Maybe he should stop hanging out on the toy dept drooling over the new star wars toys. Donna needs to stop threating people with their jobs and STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT SHE TOLD THEM TO DO SOMETHING OR THAT SHE LEFT NOTES FOR THEM WHEN SHE KNOWS DAM WELL SHE DIDNT!
Lady of Rage

Bluefield, WV

#12 Jan 4, 2012
the ICS crew jokes around all night and no one tells them to get busy because they are nics buddies. mike is so clueless. he smelled like alcholol one night. he uses tobacco in the personel room and smokes cigerettes. i wonder what else he does on his personl time
Ex-produce guy

Bluefield, WV

#13 Jan 4, 2012
i worked at Wal-mart for about a decade. All I wanted to do was get a simple department manager position. they keptd telling me to put what I wanted on my prefernces. when I wanted to leave for the coal mines Chris talked to me and told me that I couldn't do better. i now make 26.50 an hour with Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance. i am so glad they did not give me a management position because i would still be stuck in that hell hole. i do not have to work hollidays anymore!
sick of the place

Huntington, IN

#14 Jan 4, 2012
To give a completely different look at things..... i wish they (the company) would stop being afraid of losing a nickel and put a stop to the teenagers and pre-teens hanging out there. what good does it do for the associates to zone just to have the teens acting like fools and tearing things back up. wal-mart here is headed to h3ll in a handbasket. they have cut the hours back so much that folks have to get 2nd job if they wanna survive. they want to have nothing but part time so they can get out og paying benefits and the bonuses stay in the managers pockets. what do the associates have to look forward to? used to be a place folks wanted to work, but i don't even really want to shop there but options have been narrowed down
overnight employee

Bluefield, WV

#15 Jan 4, 2012
not all of the employees on overnights have it easy. Some of us work hard. there is hard workers and slackers on all shifts. Anyone that can't see this needs to try working a not worry about everyone else.
ThomasA

Anniston, AL

#16 Jan 4, 2012
sick of the place wrote:
To give a completely different look at things..... i wish they (the company) would stop being afraid of losing a nickel and put a stop to the teenagers and pre-teens hanging out there. what good does it do for the associates to zone just to have the teens acting like fools and tearing things back up. wal-mart here is headed to h3ll in a handbasket. they have cut the hours back so much that folks have to get 2nd job if they wanna survive. they want to have nothing but part time so they can get out og paying benefits and the bonuses stay in the managers pockets. what do the associates have to look forward to? used to be a place folks wanted to work, but i don't even really want to shop there but options have been narrowed down
The groups of teens hanging around the store assing around, tossing merchandise around and generally being obnoxious are fronting a distraction for someone shoplifting in another part of the store. They think if someone is watching them,no one will notice the thief. When they do get caught, the parents are angry and enraged that big bad Walmart is picking on their precious darlings.
Dickens Reader

Beckley, WV

#17 Jan 5, 2012
travis might be a somewhat hard worker but he did not deserve the electronic zone manager position. it is even comical that he has been promoted to assitant manager of the kimball, wv store. he is a dumb redneck that cant even spell hampered. if that doesnt tell you the promotions are unfair and stupid i dont know what else does. stephanie is a worthless worker that gets drunk and calls in the next day. she couldnt sell a free buffett to a malnorished eithiopian lottery winner. terresa let a sweet lady cashier pee on herself instead of letting her go to the bathroom. i smell lawsuit. luara or worked there for like a month and said she injured her knee bending over picking up clothes. she is trying to get workers comp and denise jay leno chin tried to act like she hurt her foot picking up a box. what does walmart expect when they hire welfare and criminals just to get a tax break?
employee

Peterstown, WV

#18 Jan 6, 2012
Ok...I'm usually one to keep my opinions to myself but for some reason I feel the need to put my thoughts out there so here goes...I have been with walmart for 6yrs now and yes at times I hate my job but that comes with the territory of working in retail. Sure some of the managers are assholes and need to learn a few more people skills but u also have to realize that while they r chewing associates butts they r also getting their butts chewed out by higher up management such as terry or donna. I'm not tryin to make it seem right how they talk to us or how they treat us but u have to realize that they have a lot of stress on them as well...to the overnite workers yes there are some on overnites who bust their butts to do their job and everyone elses same as day shift...u will always have the slackers who stand around and not do shit plain and simple..so how about all the associates quit putting blame on others and just do ur damn job and get it over with...its not hard to do ur work. To dickens...if u don't think travis deserved that position then ur crazy...he's on of the few managers there who lends a hand to help get the work done he works his ass off at that store and ur crazy to think otherwise...sure he may suck up to some of management at times but he deserved the promotion that he received. So in summary do ur job and quit complaining...if u plan to work in retail ur gonna have to deal with bs plain and simple
earnurkeep

Fishersville, VA

#19 Jan 6, 2012
Wow!! Just curious but has any of you confronted management about these issues or are you just being chickensh#t on this post??? As a wal-mart customer i get pissed off every time I come in there and your out of a item i want or your price is wrong(always in your favor) or I have to wait 30 minutes to go through a register. I have worked in retail before so refresh my memory is that management's fault or yours? Travis??? you a better canidate then him??? If so why are you not doing anything to make me not dreading going in that damn place!!
really

Franklin, TN

#20 Jan 6, 2012
Everyone on here complaining about all the management....Man up and work your ass off and take their position if you think you can do better. You cant be so blind you dont see the sh*t they put up with day in and day out. And @Dickens: Travis didnt deserve that position? Seriously? He has busted his ass in that store for over 5 years to get every postion he has ever had and excelled at them all. What about when he was an overnight service manager? He was working 12-14 hrs just do the job you a$$hole couldnt do. He wasnt even supposed to be stocking shelves but he would go in in plain clothes and work 4-5 aisles himself. Or what about during thanksgiving and christmas when he was working 14-15 hr days to keep toys stocked? He more than deserves the asst manager postion. I dont see you saying what you do at walmart? you are probably one of the lazy a$$ unloaders or o/n stockers.
earnurkeep

Fishersville, VA

#21 Jan 6, 2012
Amen Really!!! Sounds like someone or people got their as#es chewed to do the job they are suppose to do in the first place! Correct me if I'm wrong but is'nt managements' job to ensure everyone else is doing theirs??? Sounds like there is just lazy ass bit#hes crying about doing the job their paid to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowes open house job fair 3 min Employee 4
Looking for Becky Bailey 29 min Mike 60
Princeton football 2 hr Tiger fan 7
Government Shutdown 3 hr costumed freak 3
Yo 4 hr Princeton girl 4
I Hope The USA Turns Into A New World Order Cou... 4 hr Ummm 4
School on lock down 5 hr parent too 5
Turpin Family Fri Hellen Crump 17

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web