Sarah

United States

#1 Aug 18, 2012
The school year is about to begin! Please talk to your children about bullying. Being mean or hateful because of the brand of clothes they wear.Just because they don't have the name brand shoes does not tell us anything about their character and the kind of person they truly are. Some parents can afford to buy those things some can't that has nothing to do with the children. Tell your kids to be someone's hero and tell the bullies that they are wrong! R.I.P. Dalton Walker
PSHS Mom

Roanoke, VA

#2 Aug 18, 2012
I do feel sorry for Dalton's family, but has everyone forgotten that another student lost his life last year over the same BS? Yes!!! PSHS has bullies in their halls and classrooms, too! Tyler Richmond was loved by his family and friends, too! Let's keep his memory positive by remembering how he lived, not how he died.
Justme

Princeton, WV

#3 Aug 18, 2012
I know someone who works in the school system, and they said that after all the crap that went on after his suicide his mother admitted that Dalton didn't kill himself because of bullying, but other issues that were going on elsewhere. Is the news covering that? No, because it won't make the school system look bad. Teachers and administrators can only do so much. The parents should be doing things to help this too. It is a shame that he died so young.
Please

Princeton, WV

#4 Aug 23, 2012
Please let this go! Let the family heal and the community. Everyone grieves for the family! People have to move on but no disrespect intended. Let this situation go so the children are not indendated with this again this school year!
Sarah

United States

#5 Aug 23, 2012
Are you serious! A child died and you want to let it go. I am sure that if it was your child you would not be saying let it go. Not the way things work you see ads against drunk driving because people die from drunk driving! This needs to be talked about its real and it happens so pull your head out of the clouds
seriously

Richmond, VA

#6 Aug 23, 2012
Yes, i agree that bullying happens and it needs to be addressed; however, family and friends of Dalton Walker and his family do not need to be reminded of his unfortunate demise every single time they pull up the internet! Especially on a site like topix.
out of respect

Princeton, WV

#7 Aug 23, 2012
Sarah wrote:
Are you serious! A child died and you want to let it go. I am sure that if it was your child you would not be saying let it go. Not the way things work you see ads against drunk driving because people die from drunk driving! This needs to be talked about its real and it happens so pull your head out of the clouds
I am sure everyone in the town will always have bulling on their mind. Out of respect for this little boys family don't metion his name. If you want to stand up for people who are bullied,thats great. I'm just sayin you are doing it in the wrong way. Have some RESPECT.
WVR

Bluefield, WV

#8 Aug 23, 2012
I am homeschooling my child because of bullying. It was everyday. She would verbally defend herself and she was the one who would get in trouble. I had to make a decision and I'm glad I did! If you don't want your child bullied , homeschool them.
Now, I want to ask that people please leave the families alone and let them grieve in their own time. It's a matter of compassion and respect.
Thank You!
itsmeremeber

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#9 Oct 5, 2012
R,I,P, TYLER AND DALTON
Sarah

United States

#10 Oct 5, 2012
I would like to get this message out there. No disrespect intended to the families. God knows my heart goes out to them. But we still have parents and children that do not understand how these situations can truly affect bullied children. This can not be a situation of " if we don't talk about it, it didn't happen and it won't happen again" it will continue to happen and children will continue to suffer as a result of adults not taking action
so sorry

Princeton, WV

#11 Oct 5, 2012
I tell my kids all the time,if you are getting bullied tell someone and do not bully anyone ever for no reason.Also if you see some getting bullied stand up for them with in reason.I hope all parents will have this talk with their kids.It is so sad how kids get treated these days.
lol

Princeton, WV

#12 Oct 5, 2012
so sad
Sarah

United States

#13 Oct 6, 2012
so sorry wrote:
I tell my kids all the time,if you are getting bullied tell someone and do not bully anyone ever for no reason.Also if you see some getting bullied stand up for them with in reason.I hope all parents will have this talk with their kids.It is so sad how kids get treated these days.
I would hope that all parents would also. I am sure your children are going to grow and be successful compassionate adults
well

United States

#14 Oct 6, 2012
Justme wrote:
I know someone who works in the school system, and they said that after all the crap that went on after his suicide his mother admitted that Dalton didn't kill himself because of bullying, but other issues that were going on elsewhere. Is the news covering that? No, because it won't make the school system look bad. Teachers and administrators can only do so much. The parents should be doing things to help this too. It is a shame that he died so young.
Excuse me but i would like to know just where you get your information from?
Sarah

United States

#15 Oct 6, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me but i would like to know just where you get your information from?
Just another parent wanting to blame someone instead of admitting we have a problem and it needs to be addressed. There is not a family in the world who has no problems.
susie

United States

#16 Oct 6, 2012
Praying for the family. So sad.
Told you so

Richmond, VA

#17 Oct 7, 2012
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another parent wanting to blame someone instead of admitting we have a problem and it needs to be addressed. There is not a family in the world who has no problems.
The post that you just responded to is the exact reason why you should not have started this thread on TOPIX. How long did you think it would take before someone started blaming others and making accusations? If you want to help in finding a solution to the problem, then become a mentor, cater to the less fortunate, or show your support in other ways, but don't get on topix and drudge up bad memories for the families and friends involved. All this is contributing to is unnecessary gossip. I realize that you probably meant no disrespect in voicing your opinions, but stating your opinions in this manner is not the best way to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just want to say 26 min TRUTH 1
roger Harmon? 30 min nh05 9
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 30 min Keep Smiling 3 11,049
Candice Bauer 43 min Lester 9
Princeton Basketball 1 hr Basketball King 13
Derek Hudson 2 hr Truth 31
who knows david hail in princeton 2 hr lola 2
Princeton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Princeton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Princeton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:39 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:39PM
Loss to Carolina Must Mark End of the Mike Smith Era
Bleacher Report 7:52 PM
Bell Suffers Right Knee Injury
ESPN 8:08 PM
Steelers RB Bell (knee) doubtful to return
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
Tomlin, Nelson Get Heated After Game
ESPN 9:09 PM
Steelers best Bengals to win AFC North title