Your Favorite Romney Quote

Your Favorite Romney Quote

Posted in the Princeton Forum

Laserto

Princeton, WV

#1 Sep 17, 2012
Here's mine!
Mitt Romney: "One of the things I have found in previous elections is that announcing my plans makes people want to vote against me!"
stop

Princeton, WV

#2 Sep 17, 2012
I can't do this!!!!! It's to hard!!!!!! They like the other guy better!!!!!!
Tiff

Princeton, WV

#3 Sep 17, 2012
Romney(having a Dubbya moment)- "Join me in welcoming the next president of the United States, Paul Ryan."
Yup

Princeton, WV

#4 Sep 17, 2012
I like this one the best:

&fe ature=related
Holocaust

Princeton, WV

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Romney says lots of dumb things that even makes rich people flinch. A vote for this scumbag will ensure that the rich will only get richer and the poor will get stupider.
Huh

Lewisburg, WV

#6 Sep 18, 2012
I don't think this was Romney , but it was someone on his staff," we are not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact checkers " . That says it all LOL!

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#7 Sep 19, 2012
"Corporations are people my friend"
Grady

Bluefield, WV

#8 Sep 19, 2012
Poor people and the middle class are just jealous of my hard work to make myself successful.
1 post removed
The Dude
#10 Sep 19, 2012
my favorite ...."Middle income families earn $250;000 a year. We must protect that."
Grady

Bluefield, WV

#11 Sep 19, 2012
"47% of Americans don't pay income taxes". This number is a misinformation ploy, this number is derived by ignoring PAYROLL TAXES which most Americans pay. The actual number of Americans that don't pay income taxes is around 18% and they include the incredibly poor and low income retired elderly. I enjoy hearing these Fox News viewing idiots quote that number and call the 47% a bunch of deadbeats because it's highly likely that everyone that reads this paragraph is part of that 47%. Unless you wrote a check on Tax Day then you are in that 47%, that is how the number was derived. Rich people don't pay payroll taxes, they wait until tax day and write a check once they have exhausted every loophole and tax cheat known to man so they pay a lower tax rate than YOU DO.

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#12 Sep 20, 2012
Grady wrote:
"47% of Americans don't pay income taxes". This number is a misinformation ploy, this number is derived by ignoring PAYROLL TAXES which most Americans pay. The actual number of Americans that don't pay income taxes is around 18% and they include the incredibly poor and low income retired elderly. I enjoy hearing these Fox News viewing idiots quote that number and call the 47% a bunch of deadbeats because it's highly likely that everyone that reads this paragraph is part of that 47%. Unless you wrote a check on Tax Day then you are in that 47%, that is how the number was derived. Rich people don't pay payroll taxes, they wait until tax day and write a check once they have exhausted every loophole and tax cheat known to man so they pay a lower tax rate than YOU DO.
Absolutely true.....thanks for this...
Yup

Princeton, WV

#13 Sep 20, 2012
Grady wrote:
I think you intentionally forgot to mention those who pay payroll taxes through the year then pile up the tax credits (which are also considered loopholes, by definition) at the end of the year which enable them to get a refund check for a greater amount than the amount of tax they paid in through the year. That's a net negative which means they too, at the end of the year, paid no tax. The comment was not about the military or the elderly which is clear when it's viewed in it's proper context. He's talking about the money grubbing moochers that are too sorry to work. They are nonproductive parts of society yet expect the taxpayers to furnish their wants for them. You know, the people who get a disability check for "bad nerves". The ones in line at Walmart buying new york strip with their EBT card while talking on their new Iphone. This is the Democratic voting base. Why work when I can lay around or run all over town all day and daddy government gonna send me a check?
Yup

Princeton, WV

#14 Sep 20, 2012
Also, It doesn't help your argument that the first six words of your sentence are "Rich people don't pay payroll taxes" and the last nine are "they pay a lower rate than you do". Which is it? You say they don't pay taxes yet you explain how they wait until the last minute to write a check on tax day. Write a check for what? They don't pay taxes, right?

People who are contract labor are given a 1099 and they file their taxes at the end of the year. Do they qualify as rich people? No, that's how it works. Your statement qualifies as confused at best but misinformed is a more accurate description.

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#15 Sep 20, 2012
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you intentionally forgot to mention those who pay payroll taxes through the year then pile up the tax credits (which are also considered loopholes, by definition) at the end of the year which enable them to get a refund check for a greater amount than the amount of tax they paid in through the year. That's a net negative which means they too, at the end of the year, paid no tax. The comment was not about the military or the elderly which is clear when it's viewed in it's proper context. He's talking about the money grubbing moochers that are too sorry to work. They are nonproductive parts of society yet expect the taxpayers to furnish their wants for them. You know, the people who get a disability check for "bad nerves". The ones in line at Walmart buying new york strip with their EBT card while talking on their new Iphone. This is the Democratic voting base. Why work when I can lay around or run all over town all day and daddy government gonna send me a check?
It's pretty clear who he's talking about...not every worships at the pew of drug addicted Limbaugh.

""There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives." That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.""

We get he's trying to point to these people are being democrat. Fact is, the red states in this nation absorb MORE entitlement program tax money than the blue states.

" there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it.."

WTF?
Grady

Bluefield, WV

#16 Sep 20, 2012
Yup wrote:
Also, It doesn't help your argument that the first six words of your sentence are "Rich people don't pay payroll taxes" and the last nine are "they pay a lower rate than you do". Which is it? You say they don't pay taxes yet you explain how they wait until the last minute to write a check on tax day. Write a check for what? They don't pay taxes, right?
People who are contract labor are given a 1099 and they file their taxes at the end of the year. Do they qualify as rich people? No, that's how it works. Your statement qualifies as confused at best but misinformed is a more accurate description.
OK stupid, it's obvious you know nothing about taxes or anything other than picking your own nose. The 47% number is 100% based on WHO WRITES A CHECK ON TAX DAY. Anyone that does not write a check on tax day is considered as NOT PAYING INCOME TAX. They do not count Payroll taxes. If ONLY rich people didn't pay payroll taxes then moron, 53% of people would be rich instead of 2%. Some people are on salary and don't pay payroll taxes and some are independent contractors who don't pay payroll taxes but at the end of the year these people file and pay taxes after deductions. The reason we can say that the 47% number is a blatant and complete and total lie is because it does not account for PAYROLL TAXES and my statement that rich people do not pay payroll taxes is 100% true, they do not work for an hourly wage and they do not have payroll taxes. I know it's too difficult for you to understand unless Rush Limbaugh spews some lies for you to gobble up. You people are pathetic. The percentage of people that do not contribute taxes versus refund is 18% meaning 82% of people contribute to tax revenues but some people pay a higher percent of their income to taxes and that would be the poor and middle class. Ask Mitt Romney, he paid a 13.6% effective tax rate last year on his 20+ million income while the average american paid over 18%. Fox news has done a great job misinforming you, that is why in every study and poll that Fox News viewers know less about current events than everyone else including people that do not watch the news and 5th grade children that do not watch the news. You people are truly the dumbest of the dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If your tired of burglaries and theft speak up! 20 min concerned grandma 2
Donald trump 1 hr My 2 cents 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Well 3,986
Department of Education Shutters ACICS Accredit... 5 hr Just me 3
wanna-be outlaw MC gangs (Sep '10) 11 hr Laugher 54
Who is the dumbest person in Princeton 12 hr I know em 2
brandon & savannah farley (Jun '13) 13 hr savannah47 38

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance