One dead in shooting in Princeton, another subject detained as investigation continues

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bluefield Daily Telegraph

Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney Scott Ash has confirmed that police are investigating a fatal shooting on Bee Street in Princeton reported after 4 p.m. today.

Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Nov 27, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
stop

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

We really need be praying for all the shooting that is going on here in Princeton and in Beckley the last 3 or 4 week it has really be bad. We need to ask God to cover us when we go out and in our homes. With Chritmas coming up there will be more of this going on. I know most of this has to do for drugs and drinking. God be with our towns and keep us safe each and every day. GOD BLESS EVERY ONE AND MAY HE BE WITH YOU OUT THERE IN THIS CRAZY WORLD
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Well the mom of the died man is the one that should go to jail. Food for thought...don't go to another man's house and start a fight for your mom, you may not go home.
haha

Monroe, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

yea let an imaginary god protect us ..lol maybe santa will save us too and his elves !!if you idiots would stop thinking god is gonna help and start dealing with your problems yourself you might survive longer

``
silent majority

Stafford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Can I get an amen for haha this person is speaking the truth...
stop

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

You can judge all you want, but The Lord is covering me. I don't care what you say about me, cause I have the LORD ON MY SIDE. He will all ways be on his side. He can change things. But you know what you may be one of those people that like to trouble in your life. And you mad not believe in God. Thats you not me. I love my Lord and well all ways will. If it was his mom yes she does need go to jail to and pay for her worng doing. She will pay in her mine everyday and will not forget what she did to cause this. It will catch up with her.
Level 3

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

In all reality, Princeton and surrounding areas are gonna get worse as the drug problem,welfare and price of everyday living keeps going up. The cops cant be everywere and realize this, It takes police a average of between 8-10 minutes to respond to a call. A shooting happens within 2-10 seconds. If you feel your life is threatened by drug addicts/robbers with a foodstamp card that dont pray or care for prayer only to pray when there caught or there life is threatened and you feel that your prayer is gonna save your life,you will most likely be a victim. I believe that man was in all lawfully right when he shot that guy. Thus the reason no charges have been filed. I believe W.V took into consideration prayer but realized it wont save your life and passed the "STAND YOUR GROUND LAW" witch means that any citizen that feels there life is threatened by law has NO duty to retreat and i believe the police response time triggered this while in consideration. So, are you gonna pray that your never a victim or exercise your right to protect yourself when prayers are not answered? Why should that guy have to take a risk paying hefty hospital bills ect while fighting with that idiot? Get a permit to carry a gun or open carry it. Just like this guy and other homeowners, it will save your life when a robber or pillhead wants to threaten your life. Remember this, people that rob steal ect,dont care. People these days with guns that are murdering people over a 5 dollar bill or pill dont have any respect for the sanctity of life.
Ummm ok

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

haha wrote:
yea let an imaginary god protect us ..lol maybe santa will save us too and his elves !!if you idiots would stop thinking god is gonna help and start dealing with your problems yourself you might survive longer
``
Wow! That was what you picked out of the threads. Go back to your world of blaming God for everything you don't have. He never did this for me. He never did that for me. Wha wha wha! Stop blaming God for what people do!
lonesome

Albemarle, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

I am a firm believer in God and if you want to protect yourself do it legal get a permit to carry a weapon don't want to shoot anyone so it is simple don't make me. I have family and I want to see them. So I carry a 40 cal glock.
Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

lonesome wrote:
I am a firm believer in God and if you want to protect yourself do it legal get a permit to carry a weapon don't want to shoot anyone so it is simple don't make me. I have family and I want to see them. So I carry a 40 cal glock.
Thank GOD someone else see's that you can pray and believe in God but realize he is not gonna part waters when a robber/drug addict,comes into your home or business and put your children and family or customers in life threatening positions so they can get high. And don't forget, the State Of West Virginia dont require a permit for a law abiding citizen to openly carry a a side arm. Nor a permit to get your gun from a safe or closet to protect yourself from being harmed at your business or home. Take action and a side arm training class and dont be a victim to people your tax dollars feed just for them to come rob you.
feeling sorry

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Ok- this accident had nothing to do with robbery or drugs. Please quit referring to that. Completely seperate issue here!!
Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Ok sorry forgive me. Were they fighting over a job?
Marie

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Ummm ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! That was what you picked out of the threads. Go back to your world of blaming God for everything you don't have. He never did this for me. He never did that for me. Wha wha wha! Stop blaming God for what people do!
AMEN
feeling sorry

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Is it really anybody's business why they were fighting? I know why and believe me you are all wrong. Nobody knows but everybody is acting like they do. It was personal issues so let it go. My goodness!!!
RIP Michael

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

I know the family of the deceased man quite well and all of you are so wrong, it was not about drugs, there was no robbery,or was it over a job. it was a personal and private matter. Michael was a good man and this is such a shame and tragedy. The man who shot him should be charged with murder. Michael was not there to kill him they got into an arguement and things just escalted. I DO NOT beleve the man was defending hisself, yeah Michael may have roughed him up but he would have never shot him. I am sorry the man was so much of a pussy and coward he had to pull a gun and now the world has lost another great guy to this senseless act. Such a shame. Now his daugher will never be able to be with her daddy again, hi fiance will never be able to walk down the isle to greet her future husband, and all of his friends and family will miss out on his humor, smiles, and great talks. he will be missed deeply.
umm

Rich Creek, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

nope the guy should not be charge it was at his house and he was protecting himself
1 post removed
Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

umm wrote:
nope the guy should not be charge it was at his house and he was protecting himself
i feel the same way but and he was defending himself. Why be roughed up and face hospital bills ,fines ect when w.v law allows one to stand there ground with no duty to run if one feels there life is in danger. It seems to be a big thing here on topix and the ones defending the person killed keep saying it was a personal matter that it was lame what he got shot for but will not tell why. If it was so lame of a reason, why hide it?
Lost Family Member

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

feeling sorry wrote:
Ok- this accident had nothing to do with robbery or drugs. Please quit referring to that. Completely seperate issue here!!
You seem to be the smartest person of the bunch. This was my lost family member and this is truly a tragedy for everyone, including the man that got shot, his family and the man that did the shooting. No one's lives will ever be the same.
6 posts removed
slick

Rock, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Howards_Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise man once said: "It don't take a big man to pull the trigger."
yeah but you don't lose many arguments.
2 posts removed
Wanda

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

I only have this to say about this situtation You do not go to somebodys housecausing TROUBLE you do not have that right!!!The boy had all the right in the world to protect himself and his family.After all he was at his house minding his own business.

“Huh Huh It Says Wood”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Highland High

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

slick wrote:
<quoted text> yeah but you don't lose many arguments.
And folks, right here is the reason that "they" want to take away "your" gun rights. The person who wrote this has no business with any weapon of any sort. If you can't treat a gun with respect, you have no business with one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 9 min bacon hater 56,508
Katy Perry - Thinking of You. 15 min Hurtyetenoughagain 15
Matoaka Fire 19 min special needs 5
Girl from sheets 26 min special needs 10
drop a word, add a word. (Nov '10) 57 min you guys are bad ... 4,134
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 59 min Curious 136
Topix 1 hr community news so... 14

Search the Princeton Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Princeton Jobs

•••