Old Athens student

Oakvale, WV

#62 Oct 10, 2010
Okay, I am a student that was there the day this happend and it was not last may or June it was two years ago and he DID NOT DO IT. I was there and have defended him and will continue to do so until this is all over because he is innocent.
Hey

Princeton, WV

#63 Oct 10, 2010
always wrote:
I searched wvns and could not find anything on this. Why would they just now be telling this if it happened in June or may.
He sucked Deborah Akers's husband's c()ck so the school board kept it out of the news.
yep

Princeton, WV

#64 Oct 10, 2010
Old Athens student wrote:
Okay, I am a student that was there the day this happend and it was not last may or June it was two years ago and he DID NOT DO IT. I was there and have defended him and will continue to do so until this is all over because he is innocent.
yep innocent enough to be on house arrest lmao
sarah beth

Tarboro, NC

#65 Oct 11, 2010
I'm sure that kid was a spoiled brat. It should be allowed when kids are bad at school (mainly because parents suck and can't disipline anymore, making bratty ass kids) that you can kick them to an alternative school that parents have to pay for. I wouldn't be a teacher. Parents bitch and complain about teachers, yet its their brat that pushes them over the edge. god bless mr. ofsa. god bless all teachers for the shit they have to put up with. If your not happy with education in public, pay for private. Yeah most of you reading this with shitty kids are Welfare. FYI i have a son. And yes I would put him in a classroom with Mr.Ofsa because I can disipline my child.
Old Athens student

Beckley, WV

#66 Oct 11, 2010
sarah beth wrote:
I'm sure that kid was a spoiled brat. It should be allowed when kids are bad at school (mainly because parents suck and can't disipline anymore, making bratty ass kids) that you can kick them to an alternative school that parents have to pay for. I wouldn't be a teacher. Parents bitch and complain about teachers, yet its their brat that pushes them over the edge. god bless mr. ofsa. god bless all teachers for the shit they have to put up with. If your not happy with education in public, pay for private. Yeah most of you reading this with shitty kids are Welfare. FYI i have a son. And yes I would put him in a classroom with Mr.Ofsa because I can disipline my child.
some one that understands! This kid was a bratt and yes he lied and his parents believed him.

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City

#67 Oct 12, 2010
AMEN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your story sounds EXACTLY like me- only I am 39. I had the same experiences, and therefore, raised my 2 kids the same way, too. I know that I have raised 2 good, although NOT perfect, kids. So far, I have yet to be called to ANY school over 1 of my children misbehaving, but if I was, you can bet, I'd be lightin' up their butt right there in front of God and everyone else. Sometimes embarrassment is a GOOD thing.
Further, I am a PROUD elementary teacher who works VERY hard, and loves her job and STUDENTS very much.
Sadly enough, if I so much as assign a child to lunch detention, the next morning the parents are down at the school at 7:00 a.m. waiting for us to unlock the doors so they can report us to the Principal and demean us for our actions.
Are there times when I have had to deal with children who are very disrespectful and could apparently care less about meeting their educational responsibilities? Yes.
Have I been disrespected by kids? Yes.
Have I been disrespected by parents? Yes.
However, I have NEVER, EVER thrown objects in the classroom, and I RARELY raise my voice. Both of these actions are uncalled for and completely unprofessional.
I CERTAINLY have not put my hands on a kid, and never intend to.
Do I wish there was corporal punishment in schools? Yes and no. If society was like it was back in the 70s- yes, but not in today's litigious society. As a teacher, I'd probably find myself in court upon the first administration of the paddle.
Sad, but true. Anyway, AMEN to everything you said.
My point I was trying to make about the teachers throwing things etc. when I was in school is that it didn't kill us and didn't leave us "emotionally scarred"...it was a trip though and as I look back it really was kind of funny...
I have the luxury of having grown kids when I make this next statement..LOL...it amazes me at the attitudes people have towards their children. I think an eight year old is too little to have an opinion. They don't pay any bills, therefore, they don't run anything. Their only job is to go to school and mind what their parents tell them. I see people rearranging their entire lives/jobs/residence becuase the "kids don't like it" I'm like, "Are you fucking serious????" And that attiude carries over into the classroom, parents try to change the flow of things because the flow doesn't suit their child. I can't comprehend that. Getting disappointed is a part of life. I was a pretty damn good athelete in school. A couple sports I was on varsity a couple of sports I sucked at and didn't make the team. And that was how it was, did it leave me scarred and rejected because of it? Hell no, everybody can't be good at everything, that's life, you find what you excel at and that's what you do.
If you look at society, you will notice that most of the people our age or older are for the most part pretty much ok, its the generation behind us where things went a little crazy because that's where society went crazy.
here or there

Beckley, WV

#68 Oct 12, 2010
yep wrote:
<quoted text>yep innocent enough to be on house arrest lmao
He is not on house arrest.
AMEN

Oakvale, WV

#69 Oct 12, 2010
sowbug wrote:
<quoted text>
My point I was trying to make about the teachers throwing things etc. when I was in school is that it didn't kill us and didn't leave us "emotionally scarred"...it was a trip though and as I look back it really was kind of funny...
I have the luxury of having grown kids when I make this next statement..LOL...it amazes me at the attitudes people have towards their children. I think an eight year old is too little to have an opinion. They don't pay any bills, therefore, they don't run anything. Their only job is to go to school and mind what their parents tell them. I see people rearranging their entire lives/jobs/residence becuase the "kids don't like it" I'm like, "Are you fucking serious????" And that attiude carries over into the classroom, parents try to change the flow of things because the flow doesn't suit their child. I can't comprehend that. Getting disappointed is a part of life. I was a pretty damn good athelete in school. A couple sports I was on varsity a couple of sports I sucked at and didn't make the team. And that was how it was, did it leave me scarred and rejected because of it? Hell no, everybody can't be good at everything, that's life, you find what you excel at and that's what you do.
If you look at society, you will notice that most of the people our age or older are for the most part pretty much ok, its the generation behind us where things went a little crazy because that's where society went crazy.
Totally agree! Well put! I, too, am sick to death of the spoiled, self-righteous, entitled attitude that society seems to have these days. When we were raised, getting intentionally embarrassed and chastized by adults was part of life---BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ADULTS (din't scar me for life, either). Kids are NOT. Kids need to realize that one day, they WILL meet someone "in the real world" whose desire it is to show them that the world DOES NOT, in fact, revolve around them after all. THIS is when these children will have trouble.

As parents, it is our job to teach our children this when they are young, in the safety of our own homes. If you fail to do so, you are doing your children a disservice. Many parents today just don't realize this. YOU CANNOT, AND SHOULD NOT, BE YOUR CHILD'S FRIEND. Your kids have enough friends, what they need is parents. There will be plenty of time for you to be friends when they are grown adults, and need your guidance to properly raise/parent their own children.

Heads up---there's a reason it's called SPOILING a child, and it's NOT a good idea, for their own sake.
composure

Clay, WV

#70 Oct 13, 2010
are you morons actually saying that kids (because they are spoiled, rotten kids) deserve to get chairs thrown at them or grabbed and jerked around at school?
student

Beckley, WV

#71 Oct 13, 2010
composure wrote:
are you morons actually saying that kids (because they are spoiled, rotten kids) deserve to get chairs thrown at them or grabbed and jerked around at school?
I do believe this is what they are saying. They need to wake and realize this is 2010 not the 1900's. You can go to jail for hitting a child.
EXACTLY

Oakvale, WV

#72 Oct 14, 2010
student wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe this is what they are saying. They need to wake and realize this is 2010 not the 1900's. You can go to jail for hitting a child.
That is exactly what they are saying! And I agree.

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City

#73 Oct 16, 2010
student wrote:
<quoted text>I do believe this is what they are saying. They need to wake and realize this is 2010 not the 1900's. You can go to jail for hitting a child.
To both of you...UM No, I don't believe either of us said that. What we DID say was that a lot of children have gotten completely out of control and it is the fault of the PARENTS...
If you do not make your children mind you are NOT doing them or society any favors...Learning morals and respect should start at home, instead of making excuses for them, make them mind. Isn't it embarassing taking them out in public and they throw a fit and make a scene because they can't have thier way? I wouldn't know because I didn't have those problems because I made my kids mind. Did I spank my kids? Ya damn skippy I did and would do it again. Its fairly simple, either the parents teach their children what is appropriate conduct or the court system will....
iPhone

Woodbridge, VA

#74 Oct 16, 2010
I think things started going to hell when we took spankings out of school. I got several from my grade school principal and got one when I got home just for getting one in school. Didn't hurt me or my friends
AMEN

Oakvale, WV

#75 Oct 16, 2010
sowbug wrote:
<quoted text>
To both of you...UM No, I don't believe either of us said that. What we DID say was that a lot of children have gotten completely out of control and it is the fault of the PARENTS...
If you do not make your children mind you are NOT doing them or society any favors...Learning morals and respect should start at home, instead of making excuses for them, make them mind. Isn't it embarassing taking them out in public and they throw a fit and make a scene because they can't have thier way? I wouldn't know because I didn't have those problems because I made my kids mind. Did I spank my kids? Ya damn skippy I did and would do it again. Its fairly simple, either the parents teach their children what is appropriate conduct or the court system will....
Well put- thankx
get over yourself

Sneedville, TN

#76 Oct 16, 2010
if it doesn't have anything "to do with that"...then what does it have to do with a teacher abusing a student?????? Does this logic also follow that, because spanking is no longer allowed in school, it's ok for teachers to manhandle students?
known mr ofsa whole life

Charleston, WV

#77 Oct 16, 2010
im sure that all this is bogus. mr ofsa would never harm a child on purpose. u ppl need to grow up! he is a wonderfull wonderfull man!
not bogus

Sneedville, TN

#78 Oct 17, 2010
There was enough evidence to charge Ofsa for battery and there was enough to find him guilty. It's public information.
Oh myys

Beckley, WV

#79 Oct 27, 2010
this deserves a proper introduction....

-cue Days of Our Lives music-

Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.

lol

let this topic die, it's done and over with. Move on instead of dwelling on a old topic.

Cause.... Marlena said so!

lol
Gaundi

Welch, WV

#80 Oct 28, 2010
known mr ofsa whole life wrote:
im sure that all this is bogus. mr ofsa would never harm a child on purpose. u ppl need to grow up! he is a wonderfull wonderfull man!
Ofsa hired an attoney & lost. Another teacher who was in the gym saw it all & testified.

I suppose you folks who condone putting your hands on a young adult condone putting hands your spouse & children.

Call the welfare, thats abuse. They reccomend batterers intrrvention. In some states you are denied a carry pernit for a firearm. Is Ofsa or Ted packing?
1 post removed
well

United States

#82 Oct 29, 2010
I used to be a student of Mr. Ofsa. He was the nicest teacher at Athens. kids are jerks and liars. you people are idiots for believing this nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leah @ Princeton Shoneys 12 min High Depth 6
who's better? klassy cuts or curl up n dye 14 min Sean_Connery 30
Pikeview basketball 16 min Truth is 1
Pikeview Basketball 19 min Truth is 12
As An Employee Of Tudors How Does It Feel 34 min job 11
Suspicious Email/Leaving Topix 3 hr Fruit of the Loom 2
Rick Morton 5 hr Ivanna fook 6
Prayer Requests Welcomed... (Mar '14) 7 hr Fruit of the Loom 388
Levy...... Doesn't have my vote this year 7 hr Fruit of the Loom 71
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 8 hr Fruit of the Loom 9,053