are u pregnant and wanna give your ba...

are u pregnant and wanna give your baby up for adoption

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
lovinhome

Lerona, WV

#1 Feb 3, 2011
my husband and I have no children and we are looking to adopt a baby we would give your baby lots of love and it would have everything in the world comment and we will get in touch with you
suggestion

La Plata, MD

#2 Feb 3, 2011
Have you considered adopting through the foster care system? I work in the school system and see daily how many children have no place to go and just need love. You might want to inquire about the process of adopting this way. Good luck!
lovinhome

Lerona, WV

#3 Feb 3, 2011
thank you i will consider that have any tips to help me get started on that
suggestion

Lanham, MD

#4 Feb 3, 2011
You could contact either Dhhr child protective services or Presley ridge and ask them for some information.
Understanding

Beckley, WV

#5 Feb 3, 2011
My husband and I have no biological children. We are trying to adopt too. We currently have beautiful fosterchildren! Best wishes
wondering

United States

#6 Feb 3, 2011
is it true they pay u to keep these children? im not asking because i want to do this i just think u should do it because u want to.
cheeseandrice

Bluefield, WV

#7 Feb 4, 2011
wondering wrote:
is it true they pay u to keep these children? im not asking because i want to do this i just think u should do it because u want to.
yes they pay you, it's to help provide for them. well that's what it is supposed to be.. maybe set it aside as a college fund, etc.
prettysure

United States

#8 Feb 4, 2011
How much do they give you per child? Do they come in and take the children out of your home frequently? How long does adopting one of your foster children take?
Level 1

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 4, 2011
prettysure wrote:
How much do they give you per child? Do they come in and take the children out of your home frequently? How long does adopting one of your foster children take?
i thought when you adopt a child you have to pay for everyhitng like doctor bills and everything
prettysure

United States

#10 Feb 4, 2011
I mean before the actual adoption, like fostering first then get the option to adopt.
cheeseandrice

Bluefield, WV

#11 Feb 4, 2011
prettysure wrote:
How much do they give you per child? Do they come in and take the children out of your home frequently? How long does adopting one of your foster children take?
not enough to make money off of them.. sounds like thats what you wanna do. I'll tell you one thing, it's not much.
Prettysure

Dallas, TX

#12 Feb 4, 2011
No not to make money. I mean it does cost a lot to feed kids and clothed them and make then a room of their own I was only asking if they help you take care of these children or do you have to be rich to help? I love kids and can't have any more I would love to give a child a nice loving caring home of their own but unfortunately I could not afford to give a child all their wants and needs.
been there

United States

#13 Feb 4, 2011
they do give you a sufficient amount to buy them school supplies, clothing, any little extras they may want, and of course they have health insurance provided. You get a set monthly payment but it is to be used only for the childs needs and NOT to pay for your rent, alcohol, etc. I will not put the exact amount on here because I think many people on here will see that and think it's an extra source of income for themselves...which it is not. You must have a bedroom for the child. You have to do 9 classes that are 3 hours each. It will be a big decision and you'd have to make some adjustments to your current lifestyle but the rewards (helping a child in need) is well worth it. Good luck
I know

Parkersburg, WV

#14 Feb 4, 2011
You can also be a foster parent with KVC in Princeton. All you have to do is complete an application, background check, and some training, in which they provide and you become foster parents.
tad

Murfreesboro, TN

#15 Feb 6, 2011
lovinhome wrote:
my husband and I have no children and we are looking to adopt a baby we would give your baby lots of love and it would have everything in the world comment and we will get in touch with you
Please dont go through WV DHHR, my husband and I wanted to adopt our neices that got placed in a foster home. We were put through the works just to get the kids out. We both work and have a nice home, but it still isnt good enough. Then you have to go to classes on every Sat just to become foster parents, not counting you have to take the kids to court once a month to see if they get to go back to their moms. You also have to take the kids to DHHR once a week to visit their mom. So it just confuses the kids and makes them more upset seeing their mom everyweek. My sister ended up with the kids because I couldnt miss more work d/t court and visitation dates. It has been 2 years and she is still going to court every month just to see if those kids go back to their mom. Those kids are in a better place I dont understand why the court would want them back with their mom, its like they give the mom years to straighten up. It just confuses the kids.. Its awful how DHHR does. My husband and I want another child but we will not go through the state. We want to find somebody that doesnt want their child. Good Luck
ashley

Beckley, WV

#16 Feb 6, 2011
been there wrote:
they do give you a sufficient amount to buy them school supplies, clothing, any little extras they may want, and of course they have health insurance provided. You get a set monthly payment but it is to be used only for the childs needs and NOT to pay for your rent, alcohol, etc. I will not put the exact amount on here because I think many people on here will see that and think it's an extra source of income for themselves...which it is not. You must have a bedroom for the child. You have to do 9 classes that are 3 hours each. It will be a big decision and you'd have to make some adjustments to your current lifestyle but the rewards (helping a child in need) is well worth it. Good luck
u dont wanna tell cause u know that it is a shit load of money per child that is what most ppl do it for and that is bad! u hear bad stories about kids that have to go through foster homes
been there

Detroit, MI

#17 Feb 7, 2011
ashley wrote:
<quoted text> u dont wanna tell cause u know that it is a shit load of money per child that is what most ppl do it for and that is bad! u hear bad stories about kids that have to go through foster homes


exactly...thats what I said...if you only want to do it based on the amount of money you will get and think that is like your job then you don't need to sign up to do it. And I agree....alot of people do it for the money only. They think they can just sit at home all day and get paid for it and the poor children never see any of the money that is given to THEM.
been there

Detroit, MI

#18 Feb 7, 2011
I can totally empathize with your situation. I am in a similar one. My thoughts on this area...if you treated your children bad enough that they were removed ( which it takes alot for them to actually do that which is sad in and of itself) then you do not get a chance to screw it up again. The children have already been damaged enough. This whole system sucks. You starve and beat your children severely for years...but the system thinks you can be rehabilitated and trained to not do that again. Such BS.
tad wrote:
<quoted text>
Please dont go through WV DHHR, my husband and I wanted to adopt our neices that got placed in a foster home. We were put through the works just to get the kids out. We both work and have a nice home, but it still isnt good enough. Then you have to go to classes on every Sat just to become foster parents, not counting you have to take the kids to court once a month to see if they get to go back to their moms. You also have to take the kids to DHHR once a week to visit their mom. So it just confuses the kids and makes them more upset seeing their mom everyweek. My sister ended up with the kids because I couldnt miss more work d/t court and visitation dates. It has been 2 years and she is still going to court every month just to see if those kids go back to their mom. Those kids are in a better place I dont understand why the court would want them back with their mom, its like they give the mom years to straighten up. It just confuses the kids.. Its awful how DHHR does. My husband and I want another child but we will not go through the state. We want to find somebody that doesnt want their child. Good Luck
eilish

UK

#19 Jun 16, 2011
hi i am avin a baby n i want to give i up for adoption, i av 3 beautifal children already i jst cant cope with any mre im a single parant, i jsy want my child to go to a gud family
MIssy

Rocky Mount, NC

#20 Jun 16, 2011
suggestion wrote:
Have you considered adopting through the foster care system? I work in the school system and see daily how many children have no place to go and just need love. You might want to inquire about the process of adopting this way. Good luck!
Yes, it is probably best to try an adoption agency.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cruz Drops Out ~ 30 min Laci Ann 7 59
More Coal Miners Losing Their Jobs 46 min Laci Ann 7 130
Need tires, Kings or Estep 2 hr allen 4
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 2 hr Mark mark 42,941
Eyedoctor 2 hr Needs 1
True Love 2 hr Jake Week 3
First Community Bank Is Horrible 2 hr Brittany Parsons 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Princeton Mortgages