Dozens Arrested In Mercer County Drug...

Dozens Arrested In Mercer County Drug Sweep

There are 171 comments on the WVNS-TV story from Oct 18, 2010, titled Dozens Arrested In Mercer County Drug Sweep. In it, WVNS-TV reports that:

Police come together to tackle the drug problem in southern West Virginia, making more than two dozen arrests in an early morning operation on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WVNS-TV.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Level 1

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 23, 2010
the article states that the police are seeking 43 people indicted on drug charges? is there a list? like have indictments come out? they are doing a lot of busting but people are still robbing steadily so they just move on! be nice to see the list of 43 they are referring to!
true

Northfork, WV

#2 Oct 23, 2010
Jose Centeno, the task force coordinator for the U.S. Attorney’s Office’s Southern Regional Drugs and Violent Crimes task force, said the investigations took a period of seven months resulting in 43 arrests. Of those individuals, 29 were given bond hearings before Judge Omar Aboulhosn Monday morning.
“The investigations occurred based on public complaints to one of six law enforcement agencies, which refereed the complaints to us to obtain evidence of the crimes,” Centeno said.
After the cases were referred to the task force, Centeno said they began their own investigation.
“It is a long, drawn out process of establishing patterns of drug offenses, leading to evidence a business is being run,” Centeno said.
The majority of those arrested were charged with cases involving prescription narcotics, Centeno said. There must be videos of the offense and drugs are taken to the lab for analysis. Once those lab results come back, the investigation can be continued.
According to Centeno, those arrested in the round-up were charged with delivery or dealing controlled substances, not matters of simple possession.
“Because of the nature of the investigation, simple possession would not count,” Centeno said.“We have to obtain evidence that they are selling, trading, or delivering drugs. It takes a long time”
true

Northfork, WV

#3 Oct 23, 2010
Among those arrested and indicted in the round-up included:
• Jonathan D. Ball, 26, of Rock, was charged with delivery of a schedule III controlled substance hydrocodone and conspiracy. Ball was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Ruth A. Ball, 54, of Rock was charged with delivery of a schedule III controlled substance hydrocodone and conspiracy. Ball was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Angela Barnett, 24, of Princeton was charged with possession with intent to a deliver schedule II controlled substance hydromorphone and conspiracy. Barnett was released on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond.
• Ronald Barnett, Jr., 30, of Princeton was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance hydromorphone and conspiracy. Barnett was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Roger Allen Bennett, Jr., 26, of Princeton was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance oxycodone. Bennett was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
•Jaycee Jerrod Collins, 22, of Princeton was charged with possession with intent to deliver a schedule II controlled substance oxycodone and conspiracy. Collins was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Amanda Blair Datson, 29, of Bluefield was charged with two counts of delivery of a schedule II controlled substance hydromorphone. Datson was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond..
•Brenda Mae Dunford, 59, of Princeton was charged with delivery of a schedule III controlled substance hydrocodone and conspiracy. Dunford was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Jessie a.k.a Fred Dunford, 69, of Princeton was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance hydrocodone and conspiracy. Dunford was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Priscilla Sue Durham, 44, of Princeton was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance hydromorphone. Durham was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Jennifer M. French, 27, of Princeton was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance hydromorphone and released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• John Horton, Jr., 27, of Rock was charged with delivery of a schedule I and schedule II controlled substance marijuana, oxycodone, and cocaine. Horton was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Paula D. Hoston, 28, of Princeton, was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance hydrocodone and conspiracy. Hoston was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Leigh Anne Kade, 30, of Bluefield was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance oxycodone. Kade was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
true

Northfork, WV

#4 Oct 23, 2010
• Tommie Miller, 29, of Bluefield was charged with possession with intent to deliver a schedule I and schedule II drug marijuana, oxycodone, and a conspiracy charge. Miller was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Reese T. Riley, 60, of Bluefield was charged with delivery of a schedule II and schedule III controlled substance oxycodone and hydrocodone and delivery of a schedule III drug hydrocodone. Riley was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Amanda Sanders, 19, of Princeton was charged with delivery of a schedule I controlled substance marijuana. Sanders was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Gary Sanders, Jr., 22, of Princeton was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance oxycodone. Sanders was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Forrest Roderique Slaughter, 40, of Bluefield was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance cocaine and conspiracy. Slaughter’s bond was set at a $5,000 surety bond.
• Tammy Denise Slaughter, 40, of Bluefield was charged with delivery of a schedule II drug cocaine and conspiracy. Slaughter was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Freeland Steve Testerman, 63, of Bluefield, was charged with possession with intent to deliver hydromorphone. Testerman was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Marcus Deron Toney, 35, of Bluefield was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance cocaine. Toney’s bond was set at $25,000 surety bond.
• Robyn Leshaun Williams, 32, of Princeton was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance oxycodone. Williams was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
• Connie J. Wimmer, 48, of Montcalm was charged with delivery of a schedule II controlled substance hydrocodone. Wimmer was released on a $2,500 personal recognizance bond.
— Contact Kate Coil at kcoil@bdtonline.com
blfd man

Madison, TN

#5 Oct 23, 2010
Its a good thing. Way to go guys!!! Keep up the good work.
YES it is good BUT

Wharton, WV

#6 Oct 23, 2010
blfd man wrote:
Its a good thing. Way to go guys!!! Keep up the good work.
THEY dont have to treat people like dogs when they go to their homes looking for a person and their family member is there alone and they talk to them like shit call her name after name, when did it become legal for 2 FEDS to go in a home without a warrant demanding things, all i can say is good cops are hard to find and you know doing a job is one thing but being cruel is another, karmas gonna bite them right in the ass.what happen to innocent until proven guilty?
wvfanatic

Bluefield, WV

#7 Oct 23, 2010
YES it is good BUT wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY dont have to treat people like dogs when they go to their homes looking for a person and their family member is there alone and they talk to them like shit call her name after name, when did it become legal for 2 FEDS to go in a home without a warrant demanding things, all i can say is good cops are hard to find and you know doing a job is one thing but being cruel is another, karmas gonna bite them right in the ass.what happen to innocent until proven guilty?
complaining? they're guilty or else they wouldn't have been arrested..
Level 1

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#8 Oct 24, 2010
ok,glad to see it! there were some definite dealers there so finally a little progress! i take back some of my complaining now! personally i just want a safe place to live!

BTW, if you disagree,ok,im not gonna argue!
justaguy

Oakvale, WV

#9 Oct 24, 2010
Don't know a lot of those people but Roger Bennett used to be a good kid and a good friend. Gary and Amanda Sanders used to be good kids too, but Gary had taken to hanging out with losers and eventually graduated to the point of ripping a couple of my friends off for dope money, and making a huge ass of himself a couple of times in the process. Some hard time would do him some good.
wow

Fenton, MI

#10 Oct 24, 2010
Good...arrest everyone that is involved with drugs!
Holocaust

Oakvale, WV

#11 Oct 24, 2010
Yeah, arrest pharmacists!
Back on Track

Sneedville, TN

#12 Oct 24, 2010
symbiotic wrote:
ok,glad to see it! there were some definite dealers there so finally a little progress! i take back some of my complaining now! personally i just want a safe place to live!
BTW, if you disagree,ok,im not gonna argue!
Which were are the actual dealers?
1 post removed
Well

Sneedville, TN

#14 Oct 25, 2010
bump any info?
Pharm D

Bluefield, WV

#15 Oct 25, 2010
Holocaust wrote:
Yeah, arrest pharmacists!
We educate patients, refuse questionable prescriptions and follow strict laws. We are the messengers, the middle man and the ones that sometimes save lives when people double dip in doctors. We just follow the laws and strict federal regulations. We, the pharmacists, aren't the problem. The problem is the 'pill-mill' doctors that get kickbacks for prescribing these harmful narcotics.
hersheys

Welch, WV

#16 Oct 27, 2010
how the hell do they get john horton and not christina nxt door or his daddy across the road crazy investigating there
just saying

Beckley, WV

#17 Oct 27, 2010
true wrote:
Jose Centeno, the task force coordinator for the U.S. Attorney’s Office’s Southern Regional Drugs and Violent Crimes task force, said the investigations took a period of seven months resulting in 43 arrests. Of those individuals, 29 were given bond hearings before Judge Omar Aboulhosn Monday morning.
“The investigations occurred based on public complaints to one of six law enforcement agencies, which refereed the complaints to us to obtain evidence of the crimes,” Centeno said.
After the cases were referred to the task force, Centeno said they began their own investigation.
“It is a long, drawn out process of establishing patterns of drug offenses, leading to evidence a business is being run,” Centeno said.
The majority of those arrested were charged with cases involving prescription narcotics, Centeno said. There must be videos of the offense and drugs are taken to the lab for analysis. Once those lab results come back, the investigation can be continued.
According to Centeno, those arrested in the round-up were charged with delivery or dealing controlled substances, not matters of simple possession.
“Because of the nature of the investigation, simple possession would not count,” Centeno said.“We have to obtain evidence that they are selling, trading, or delivering drugs. It takes a long time”
Jose your the man!!!!!!!!!
True South

Fairport, NY

#18 Oct 27, 2010
YES it is good BUT wrote:
<quoted text>
when did it become legal for 2 FEDS to go in a home without a warrant demanding things
It's called the Patriot Act. You can't complain, WV overwhelming supported G.W. Bush. What did you get for the deal? Murder of the middle class, record corporate profit and oh yeah, your rights have been taken away.
2justaguy

Tarboro, NC

#19 Mar 3, 2011
I did rip off some of your friends probabaly, but I was on drugs really bad then. I appoligize greatly for doing that and I have cleaned up completely. Also I have started paying my debts little by little so if me ripping your friends off bothers you bad enough to talk shit about me on some website then tell them to find me and ill work something out with them. Also you should at least say who you are if your going to talk shit. Stop being an internet gangster and keep my name out your head.
Gary Sanders
True

Bluefield, WV

#20 Mar 3, 2011
Have any of the 43 arrested been indicted or sentenced?
hahaha

Tarboro, NC

#21 Mar 4, 2011
yea i was both

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Onward Christian Soldiers, Your Reward Is Just ... 10 min COOTERDOG 650
ashley at princeton wal-mart 26 min fiendin 3
cutlips (Dec '13) 2 hr jeff 38
Keep a word, drop a word (May '12) 2 hr SWAMP WITCH 5,313
Last word + 2 (May '12) 2 hr SWAMP WITCH 2,461
Hookers 2 hr Street rat 11
robbie lucas 2 hr kathy cook 19
More from around the web

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE