2. NO coverage for unnecessary medicine, including fertility treatments, elective plastic surgery, Botox, Viagra, sex therapy, abortion, contraception, and sex change. Others should not be assuming the costs for these in higher premiums.
3. Provide policies for coverage of catastrophic expenses, but nothing else, for people who don't have the money for full coverage.
4. Require up-front pricing. No surprise additions to the bill.
5. Prohibit providers from loading a room with consumables, charging for them, and then throwing them out as possibly being contaminated before the next patient.
6. Prohibit doctor cartels. No practices larger than 2 doctors. No common billing.among large numbers of doctors.
7. Prohibit the use of interest, collection agencies, and lawsuits on enormous bills. Also prohibit the taking of property to satisfy huge bills.
8. Prohibit quotas on the number of doctors produced by medical schools. Prohibit also the changing of graduation standards to reduce the number of graduates.
9. Provide government subsidized clinics that anyone can use. These would bring down market prices.
10. Tort reform, so doctors don't heed huge malpractice insurance policies.