How to fix healthcare costs
Posted in the Princeton Forum
#1 Oct 2, 2012
1. NO insurance coverage for routine medicine. Insurance is for UN-expected expenses. Insurance coverage for expected expenses is nothing but an expensive mutual credit card, and it also raises the prices doctors charge by removing supply and demand pricing.
2. NO coverage for unnecessary medicine, including fertility treatments, elective plastic surgery, Botox, Viagra, sex therapy, abortion, contraception, and sex change. Others should not be assuming the costs for these in higher premiums.
3. Provide policies for coverage of catastrophic expenses, but nothing else, for people who don't have the money for full coverage.
4. Require up-front pricing. No surprise additions to the bill.
5. Prohibit providers from loading a room with consumables, charging for them, and then throwing them out as possibly being contaminated before the next patient.
6. Prohibit doctor cartels. No practices larger than 2 doctors. No common billing.among large numbers of doctors.
7. Prohibit the use of interest, collection agencies, and lawsuits on enormous bills. Also prohibit the taking of property to satisfy huge bills.
8. Prohibit quotas on the number of doctors produced by medical schools. Prohibit also the changing of graduation standards to reduce the number of graduates.
9. Provide government subsidized clinics that anyone can use. These would bring down market prices.
10. Tort reform, so doctors don't heed huge malpractice insurance policies.
#2 Oct 2, 2012
Medicare for Everyone! America's health insurance crisis could be eased considerably if everyone had Medicare. Insurance companies don't improve health care, They only add cost and complexity.
Add your comments below
|Keep a word, drop a word (May '12)||1 hr||-Glinda-||5,624|
|Does Princeton really have||3 hr||Mort||3|
|BB Chewning||3 hr||Denny||14|
|Take one religion out take them all||6 hr||FDG||10|
|Tolliver||6 hr||Honey Boo||1|
|Dr. Joni Stepp||9 hr||Understand||3|
|Atheist Thread||9 hr||No Strings Attached||35|
Find what you want!
Search Princeton Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC