Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

mountaineer wrote:
<quoted text>so if he was stuggling you would help him? lol. social security and a pension are not handouts(for free). food stamps are. welfare checks are. free college tuition is. free cell phones are. free bill pay is. you have segragated yourself from half the counrty in your own statement about how republicans are bad and out to destroy america. the same kind of statement mitt made. again you think of yourself favorably for having the view, and mitt as bad for having the view.its the same kind of differences that tore this country apart once before
Would I help Mitt Romney if he needed it? I'd do my best to try to help anyone that truly needed my help, whether I like them or not.

I have to be honest, I don't understand what you
are getting at. Mitt Romney said that he DID
NOT care about 47% of the people in the
country he wants to be president of.

I honestly do care about people in this country in general, but makes no difference who I care about, since I'm not running for president!
Tink

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

But even talking about the "47 percent versus the 53 percent" belies the fact that nobody in America is free from at least some government "dependency." We all rely on roads, hospitals, schools, firefighters, police officers, and our military -- even Mitt Romney and his $50,000-a-plate friends. Romney himself has relied on the government's safety net for businesses, securing a federal bailout for Bain & Company. Nobody succeeds without some help from a stable, functional government. That's what President Obama was saying when his "you didn't build that" comments were taken out of context.

Romney was clearly telling his funders a fantasy story that they love to hear. But that story is a lie, and we shouldn't accept it from someone who could become a president representing 100 percent of the American people
30 white dude

Cowen, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

"a democracy wont work by definition. if the majority votes to end democracy and set up another type of government that would happen. legally. sad thing is we dont have a democracy anymore the few are writing all the laws for the many. that is no different than a monarchy. if we had a true democracy we would have more choices on the ballot, and a voice in what laws to pass."
Monarchy has a king...Oligarchy rule by few...I can't stand Obama but Romney will be worse. If these rich people destroy the middle class what will be there to save them from millions of poor people rioting? If there is no middle class to protect the rich...hahahaha...the poor will just take it...
30 white dude

Cowen, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

I do agree we should get rid of the electoral college. It should be a direct democracy by the people. We should get four choices to vote for at least. Each canidate should list their platform and have to abide by it. Only in times of war should a president be able to not go with the platform he was elected for by the direct democracy.
A slight correction

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

Hey 30 white dude, actually this country is supposed to be a Republic not a Democracy which what it is now. Keep in mind that these definitions are basic I encourage you to research this yourself. A Republic is a system where the citizens vote for a representative to vote in favor of their will, a Democracy is a system where the citizens vote for a representative to who is then at leisure to vote for what he or she thinks is best for the citizens.

This is too all you crybabies out there, personally I dont give a sh#t how much anyone pays in taxes!!!! Worry about yourselves, damn live your own life! If we had a flat rate percentage that we paid on our income, we could eliminate the IRS and stop all the whining about how much somebody else pays. I mean it sucks worrying about the end of the year, if I am going to owe more or not! Just take so much out of my check and leave me alone! You all keep crying about a silver spoon in mouth disease. I dont know of a president who wasnt afflicted by this and personally I dont care. Before you go off spouting that obama didnt have this...have you ever heard of him talking about him having to work a real job? No, he was born with the racial silver spoon in his mouth! From what Ive seen, obama is a spoiled little bit#h that had everything handed to him.
yup

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

A slight correction wrote:
Hey 30 white dude, actually this country is supposed to be a Republic not a Democracy which what it is now. Keep in mind that these definitions are basic I encourage you to research this yourself. A Republic is a system where the citizens vote for a representative to vote in favor of their will, a Democracy is a system where the citizens vote for a representative to who is then at leisure to vote for what he or she thinks is best for the citizens.
This is too all you crybabies out there, personally I dont give a sh#t how much anyone pays in taxes!!!! Worry about yourselves, damn live your own life! If we had a flat rate percentage that we paid on our income, we could eliminate the IRS and stop all the whining about how much somebody else pays. I mean it sucks worrying about the end of the year, if I am going to owe more or not! Just take so much out of my check and leave me alone! You all keep crying about a silver spoon in mouth disease. I dont know of a president who wasnt afflicted by this and personally I dont care. Before you go off spouting that obama didnt have this...have you ever heard of him talking about him having to work a real job? No, he was born with the racial silver spoon in his mouth! From what Ive seen, obama is a spoiled little bit#h that had everything handed to him.
lie obana was raised by his white grandparents and she died because the insurgence company said her cancer was a precondition.he did not know his father who left his mother as a single parent. Until he was a young teen-ager. Look feel what you feel but this post has been people who have been torn about what going on in the world today and giving knowledge and their. Belief not lies he was no way spoiled he had to use scholarship. Money for college as well as sum of our children will and have me and my husband work I am not looking for anything free our vets and elders. Need social security. And Medicaid I hate being afraid at the end of the year of how much I will owe and they would come after me for 200 dollars and sum of the senator owed 250 thousand I have a problem with that I have a problem with romney on caring about half of the country because if he wins he will be in control of all of us and not just 45 or 50 percent look in the hidden video his statement was not about welfare and his acceptance. Speech left these very same people out he never thanked our troops and when he said he didn't care about poor people I must say he really does mean what he says..they all suck even obama but I think he really does care about all of us even if I don't agree with him on somethings and in saying that god bless America and god bless you all 100 percent of you and our country not half..
Sick and tired

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Oh yeah what was the scholarship for? This government wasnt founded to be a nanny state.
mountaineer

Peterstown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

what happened to holding the mayflower compact in high esteem for building a strong america. i guess we fail to learn from history.
shame on you

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Mr Romney gets government assistance in the form of how it is currently structured, particularly tax rates and loopholes. Mr Romney benefits far more at this from government favoritism towards those at the top than he would in the 50's-70's.
4 more years

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

To my mind, the key point in all this discussion of Romney’s comments on the 47% is that the vast majority are not dependent victims, but rather hard working people, seniors, or students getting loans. They are people benefiting from tax incentives plans like the Earned Income Tax Credit – a program started by Ronald Reagan – that incentives work and other initiatives that are clearly not entitlements. They may well be social insurance schemes, but to see this group as monolithically dependent is wrong headed, misguided, and ultimately self-destructive for Governor Romney.
shtax

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

We still don't know if Romney is part of the 47% who (sometimes) pays no income tax. Still waiting for those tax returns, Mitt.
4 more years

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

"Polls getting so bad for Mitt Romney this morning I saw a guy scraping a Romney bumper sticker off his car. It was Paul Ryan..." - Chris Rock
terra

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

... Romney's 47% speech will not lose him the election. Who Mitt Romney is and who and what he represents will lose him the election. This is just the cherry on top!

Poor man wants to be rich. Rich man wants to be king. And the king ain't satisifed until he rules everything.--- B.Springsteen
Rich

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

There's a much simpler resolution to the 47% problem. Increase the minimum wage.

All those minimum wage, service jobs, which can't be exported in any case, many of whom are in the employment of global multinationals. Let the corporations pick up an increased burden through their payroll. Lower the burden on the state.

If the cost of the services go up as a result, it gives an opportunity for other entrepreneurs to step in - those who are not looking to make huge profits and shell out immense boardroom bonuses.
terra

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Here's another test Republicans will agree to. One that says tax cuts for the "job creators" should be replaced with tax credits. After all, if you're a business who's willing to create a job, then take a tax credit. That way, only the people who create jobs get a tax saving. But Republicans would never go along with this. Why? Because they know a lot of the "job creators" won't use their tax cuts to create jobs.
gop

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

vote obama back in and you deserve the hell that will come
gimme a break

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Inform us wise one.
gop wrote:
vote obama back in and you deserve the hell that will come

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Just me wrote:
Why is if you don't like Obama your racist. I don't like him because he has done nothing good for this country and I'm smart enough to know that he is no good I don't care what race he is I vote on what they do or will do for this country not skin color. If you are black and you vote for Obama just because he is black makes you just as racist as a person not voting for him just because of skin color. There are bigger issues at hand for our country other than what race he is. Turn on the news our country I falling apart at some point you have to stop blaming bush and take responsibility for your own actions or lack there of. If he was a coach of a football team and 4 years after he got te job he was still losing games they would find a new coach so let's get a new coach
No, you don't like him because he's black. Know how I can tell? YOu never researched the racist lies you put up here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 58 of58
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Princeton Forum right now

Search the Princeton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kimberly Watkins 12 min Blondie 8
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 18 min David_3 5,141
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 20 min fitness-guru 51,902
kevin baugh 58 min the only 3
Incense 2 hr u say 5
Looking for Vickie hair dresser from tropical sun 2 hr Friend of Vickie 4
Gary Thompson (Jan '14) 3 hr Brooke 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Princeton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••