Man murdered in princeton

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
news

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#1 Jul 16, 2009
who and what happened tonight on harley lane in princeton the news says that there was a murder but did not release any other details
Haha

Princeton, WV

#2 Jul 16, 2009
Lester Slone. Someone walked into his house and shot him numerous times.
Neighbor

Princeton, WV

#3 Jul 16, 2009
Yes, Lester was shot numerous times and his TEN year old child found him.
I can't believe that this happened to this man and his children. The bastard responsible is a cold hearted criminal and I hope the police find him.
Family

Princeton, WV

#4 Jul 17, 2009
Actually.. I am family, and he wasn't shot at all. Everyone that was hanging around their just assumed it. He was stabbed.
the family

Oakvale, WV

#5 Jul 17, 2009
is in my prayers.
My Turn

Princeton, WV

#6 Jul 18, 2009
Police arraign suspect in Princeton homicide

By BILL ARCHER and GREG JORDAN
Bluefield Daily Telegraph

PRINCETON — A suspect in the death of a Princeton man was arraigned on a charge of first-degree murder Friday evening in Mercer County Magistrate Court.

The Mercer County Sheriff’s Department confirmed Friday afternoon that a 58-year-old white male who was a resident of a home on Harley Drive, Princeton died Thursday at his residence.

Mercer County Prosecuting Attorney Timm Boggess identified the victim as Lester Sloane, and said that the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department has a suspect in custody.

Later than evening, Bruce Lee Milam, 33, of the Spanishburg-Kegley area was brought before Magistrate Mike Flanigan for arraignment. Milam is being held without bond at the Southern Regional Jail near Beckley. Bond in cases of first-degree murder must be set by a circuit court judge.

“This investigation has been a joint effort on the part of the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department and the West Virginia State Police,” Boggess said.“Both agencies worked this investigation together, both agencies were at the crime scene shortly after the crime was reported and both agencies worked very hard together,” Boggess said.

“We’re all working very hard on the investigation,” Captain Darrell Bailey of the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department said.

Detective L.B. Murphy of the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department said after the arraignment at the Mercer County Courthouse Annex that the victim had “suffered severe stab wounds and slices to the neck area.”

Robbery appeared to be the motive, Murphy said.

Murphy, Detective R.M. Combs and Detective D.W. Sparks had apprehended the suspect within 17 hours. Milam was located in the Lindside community in Monroe County. Combs said the sheriff’s department wanted to thank both the Princeton Rescue Squad and the West Virginia State Police for their help in the case.

Some residents of the community appeared to be almost in a state of shock Friday as the regional media gathered to report on the incident and other people drove through the area to look at the scene. A neighbor characterized the victim as a “kind person,” but asked not to be interviewed on record.

With the exception of the curious visitors, most homes in the community showed no signs of outdoor activities taking place at mid-day on Friday. Investigators received the initial call at about 8 p.m., Thursday, and were on the scene until shortly before noon on Friday.

www.bdtonline.com
Neighbor

Princeton, WV

#7 Jul 18, 2009
It was his ten year old daughter that found him... Very horrible for her.
jeanz

Madison, TN

#8 Jul 19, 2009
I'm one of Lester Sloan's neighbors and have been so saddened and depressed since his awful death. I have seen his little daughter visit him a lot and my heart goes out to her and the rest of his family. All of you (family) are in our prayers.

“Thank You to our military”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#9 Jul 20, 2009
I am sorry to hear what happened to Mr. Sloan. I know the accused person that did this and as I know his family. He was a violent teen that dated my sister and was abusive to her. Personally I would like to see him off the streets so that he cannot abuse anyone else.
drug input

Brentwood, TN

#10 Aug 2, 2009
well dont know how true this is but i know alot of people in this area who says mr. sloan was a drug dealer, not saying tis for anyone to think this is what he deserved but to see if anyone on here knows if that is true or not, my prayers go out to him and his family and may god judge this man who did it not a judge nor a jury, thanx
drugs

Beckley, WV

#11 Aug 2, 2009
It wouldnt surprise me to hear drugs are involved.
brucemilamfamily

Beckley, WV

#12 Nov 27, 2010
threezit wrote:
I am sorry to hear what happened to Mr. Sloan. I know the accused person that did this and as I know his family. He was a violent teen that dated my sister and was abusive to her. Personally I would like to see him off the streets so that he cannot abuse anyone else.
Id like to know who u r Bruce is my uncle id like to know who ur sister is because Iv known him all my life and i have NEVER known him to be abusive to any woman... He was dating my step sister before he went to jail for the murder charges and they had a good relationship even though they had the drug problems and he was with an older woman from the time he was 16 til he was 30 years old and he wasnt abusive to her so i think u just HATEN!!! Get a life and quit talkin trash bout shit u know nothing bout!!!! Bruce Milam is a GOOD man he just hooked up with the wrong girl who he worshiped and In my opinion I think she talked him into robbing Mr.Sloan and she stabbed him first and then he just cut his throat to finish him off u know nothing bout him so keep ya mouth off my family u dont know any of them personally
brucemilamfamily

Beckley, WV

#13 Nov 27, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
Yes, Lester was shot numerous times and his TEN year old child found him.
I can't believe that this happened to this man and his children. The bastard responsible is a cold hearted criminal and I hope the police find him.
MY uncle is not a BASTARD he has a daddy (R.I.P) This my uncle u r talking about and what he done was wrong and i am not taking up for him but what happened to him was he got with the wrong girl who he worshiped and she was really strung out on needle dope and I know she talked him into going and robbing him and wen he wouldnt give her anything i think she stabbed him several times and he got scared and cut his throat and killed him so he wouldnt suffer... Bruce and Lester were Best friends he loved that man and would have NEVER harmed him but the b*tch he fell for which is my step sister and i know how she is decieving and caniving i know she did it and he took the blame so she could be out with the kids but then she gave em up anyway and bacame a street wh*re on Mercer Street... You didnt know my uncle he was very sweet, caring , loving and a wonderful man and i know in my heart she did it and he finished him so he wouldnt suffer I know how he felt for Lester and I know now he he says he thinks of it everyday and is remorsful!!!
i was there

Millersville, MD

#14 Nov 28, 2010
Horrible crime scene. One of the worst that IV seen
old buddies

United States

#15 Nov 29, 2010
I was friends with bruce years ago before he started getting into drugs, at that time he was one of the most kind hearted fella you could have known, this is a sad situation i feel sad for both families, lesson to be learned here: don't do drugs.
brucemilamfamily

Beckley, WV

#16 Nov 30, 2010
id say it was one of the worst i never said i was taking up for him i just think the cops should do there job and investigate more he was not the only one in on that i know im family and i dont think its right that other ppl gets to walk free woman or not its NOT right i know who the mastermind of the murder was i know how Bruce felt about Lester and i know he didnt start it i know someone else started stabbing him and he flipped out and cut his throat just to protect some woman and that woman may be my step sister but i know what happened no cop or judge or jury could ever tell me any different and not even my uncle Bruce because i know him and i know he couldnt hurt a fly and yes drugs will make u flip out and so will love and wene they r mixed what u get? murder!!!! COPS DO UR JOB!!!!!!!!!!
wondering

Lynchburg, VA

#17 Dec 1, 2010
Who is this woman you keep talking about?
brucemilamfamily

Beckley, WV

#18 Dec 3, 2010
It dont matter but the cops do and they are the ones who need to investigate this more
yeah rite

Tarboro, NC

#19 Dec 3, 2010
brucemilamfamily wrote:
It dont matter but the cops do and they are the ones who need to investigate this more
Your an idiot. were you there? did you see it. I know she a piece of trash. But those milams are great people huh?
brucemilamfamily

Beckley, WV

#20 Dec 4, 2010
No did u? y would u judge all of the Milams for what 1 person did thats my family and u kiss my A$$ u F*CKING PRICK yea shs a piece of trash and i know she helped I KNOW dont u understand that or r u the idiot!!! How have we ever bothered u none of us bother anybody and i think u r a F*CKING JERK... MILAMS R GOOD PPL and give the shirt off our back to help ppl so u dont know the Milams to well so y would u post something u know nothing about P*ICK

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hooker 1 hr Otto 7
Sexual Fetish 2 hr Deep 52
I Need A Sugar Daddy 3 hr Cartman2018 27
Pecker Stoking 4 hr Im Easy 2
Starbucks Boycott 4 hr LMFAO 12
Lookout 5 hr Sure do 3
New girls 5 hr Lmbo 2

Princeton Jobs

Personal Finance

Princeton Mortgages