First Prev
of 4
Next Last
r u crazy

Beckley, WV

#1 Dec 18, 2009
what the hell is wrong with the boe my child is still on that bus. & cant get home we have the worst boe there is all the other countys let out but not mercer county. r thay crazy
Nunya

Rupert, WV

#2 Dec 18, 2009
Yea my kids are stuck on a bus also. Its almost 6 pm. Debbie Akers needs to be FIRED!!!!!
no way

Princeton, WV

#3 Dec 18, 2009
if they had let school out early and it didn't snow yall would be complaining about that too. instead of being on the computer maybe you should have went and got your kids from the schools.
r u crazy

Beckley, WV

#4 Dec 18, 2009
you must not have a kid on the bus do you smarty pants
Not smiling

Athens, WV

#5 Dec 18, 2009
I was hoping someone had already started this topic, the kids are in great danger right now as well as the bus drivers, who dont have a choice, the ones who were able to get there kids home are now having to go get other kids and try to help them get home. These drivers need a pat on the back, they have busted their a**'s to try to get our kids home as safe as possible. Maybe they will think twice before they pull this again.
tiger proud

Lerona, WV

#6 Dec 18, 2009
took 4 hours to get from bluewell
Thank u

Beckley, WV

#7 Dec 18, 2009
I pick my 5 and 14 year old up today to help the bus drives. When its bad like this they need our help.
Not smiling

Athens, WV

#8 Dec 18, 2009
To thank u I want u to know you are appreciated, what ppl dont realize is these drivers have to get home after they deliver our precious cargo, I have children that attend school, but I also have a parent driving one of these bus's, who is now trying to get themselves home safely. Someone made a very foolish call today, and put ALOT of people in harms way. These kids were terrified, they nor the drivers had a choice. I am praying they all make it home safely.
sick of the BOE

Beckley, WV

#9 Dec 18, 2009
Nunya wrote:
Yea my kids are stuck on a bus also. Its almost 6 pm. Debbie Akers needs to be FIRED!!!!!
AMEN!!!!!!!!! She sure isn't going to give up her cushy little job on her own!
Nunya

Rupert, WV

#10 Dec 18, 2009
It was almost 7pm before my children got home. That is beyond ridiculous. I know the phone will be ringing off the hook at the BOE Monday morning and I will be one of them. There is absolutly no sense in endangering our childrens lives like this. Yes I agree with a class action lawsuit. There needs to be some sort of consequense for this stupidity of the great Dr. Akers
Jake

Brentwood, TN

#11 Dec 18, 2009
There are several students on buses from Bluefield also who still haven't made it home...and its 8:20.
teachinglife

Bluefield, WV

#12 Dec 18, 2009
Nunya wrote:
It was almost 7pm before my children got home. That is beyond ridiculous. I know the phone will be ringing off the hook at the BOE Monday morning and I will be one of them. There is absolutly no sense in endangering our childrens lives like this. Yes I agree with a class action lawsuit. There needs to be some sort of consequense for this stupidity of the great Dr. Akers
I am not sure a class action lawsuit is what we need? All that will do is take away more money from our already poor school system and leave our kids even further behind other States. We vote our BOE into office and give them the choices to make concerning our Super. Sounds about time to not vote them in next election.
sick of the BOE

Beckley, WV

#13 Dec 18, 2009
teachinglife wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure a class action lawsuit is what we need? All that will do is take away more money from our already poor school system and leave our kids even further behind other States. We vote our BOE into office and give them the choices to make concerning our Super. Sounds about time to not vote them in next election.
Don't really care about the money. That's not what it's about. I would settle for Aker's resignation to ensure an idiotic decision like this one doesn't happen again.
tachinglife

Bluefield, WV

#14 Dec 18, 2009
sick of the BOE wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't really care about the money. That's not what it's about. I would settle for Aker's resignation to ensure an idiotic decision like this one doesn't happen again.
I would agree. A lot of people lives were at risk and still are because of the decision that was made. As you, I would pull for that resignation as well.
hereitis

Bluefield, WV

#15 Dec 18, 2009
I agree to Debbie Akers is an idiot. These poor children are terrified and parents are not able to get to them. Luckily mine were picked up early today. My daughters friend did not get home until after 8:00 tonight. This is ridiculous. Resignation sounds like a GREAT idea to me!
Heretic

Princeton, WV

#16 Dec 18, 2009
Come Monday you all won't even remember what you were mad about after watching Survivor, or the Goslins and swilling your cheap beer. You're all abunch of windy farts, all talk and no action. Hell your governments spending and taxing you into bankruptcy and you don't care about that. Big damn deal. Decision made and learned from. Now pull up your pants, turn your ball cap around and quit your damn bellyaching.
not really

Beckley, WV

#17 Dec 18, 2009
teachinglife wrote:
<quoted text>
The BOE has insurance so a lawsuit would not take money out of the schools's pockets unless it caused insurance premiums to raise. If premiums were raised, someone would have to resign.
lifelessons

Bluefield, WV

#18 Dec 18, 2009
not really wrote:
<quoted text>The BOE has insurance so a lawsuit would not take money out of the schools's pockets unless it caused insurance premiums to raise. If premiums were raised, someone would have to resign.
Not really. More jobs would just be cut for those people who do their jobs day in and day out. The lower guy always pays the bill.
HMMM

Franklin, TN

#19 Dec 18, 2009
Heretic wrote:
Come Monday you all won't even remember what you were mad about after watching Survivor, or the Goslins and swilling your cheap beer. You're all abunch of windy farts, all talk and no action. Hell your governments spending and taxing you into bankruptcy and you don't care about that. Big damn deal. Decision made and learned from. Now pull up your pants, turn your ball cap around and quit your damn bellyaching.
Somehow i doubt the parents of the kids spending te nigt at a fire station will forget tat quickly.
Heretic

Princeton, WV

#20 Dec 18, 2009
HMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow i doubt the parents of the kids spending te nigt at a fire station will forget tat quickly.
Yeah, they will. I'll bet the BOE gets two or three calls and thats it. They'll say yes sir, three bags full sir, and then promptly forget you even called. You don't get it. They don't care about your opinion or your measly one vote. They know you'll get so wrapped up in life that come next election, you won't even vote. By all means let off steam, but lets not fool ourselves in to thinking we have any power over the situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 29 min COOTERDOG 62,681
News Princeton mayor resigns following DUI accident 45 min Sah 2
Drunk Mayor Hits Parked Vehicles On Center Street 46 min GetRealHighonPot 47
rights 51 min GetRealHighonPot 2
Moving back 1 hr GetRealHighonPot 9
National Anthem 8 hr heh 25
What age girl is to young for a 38 year old man? (Apr '11) 13 hr Chris J 274

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance