low income cell phone program

Level 1

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#42 Apr 25, 2012
It doesn't pay for the cable, but does provide a discount yes.

I understand your frustration, but our company works with the elderly, disabled veterans, enlisted soldiers, and such ones, to provide them with a benefit that is available, and they can qualify for.

These programs are not just for those who abuse the system, which I admit does happen.

A new recruit, if married, qualifies for assistance when they enlist. That is food for thought.
lmao

Clay, WV

#43 Apr 25, 2012
lishys_lady wrote:
i happen to have one of these phones. NO, i am not on welfare, NO, i dont get any DHHR assisstance.I have busted my a$$ since i was 14 doing hard manual labor, either in construction, underground, and the military. I lost my knee during Dessert Storm, broke my back in construction, and survived a rib roll in working in the mines. i am now totally disabled, living with crippling pain every day for the rest of my life, and i'm only 44 yrs old.you only get 67 minutes added to the phone the first of evey month. this helps when i'm deciding whether to eat or pay bills every month from a small check i get. so please get some info on something before you go slamming it, this phone is the only way i keep in touch with my family and dr. appt's. jeeezzz
assurance gives you 250 minutes
lmao

Clay, WV

#44 Apr 25, 2012
Heather wrote:
<quoted text>
well, my thougts are that I have a full time job in which I also pay taxes! I have two children who I work very hard to support.. They both recieve chips cards to help with medical expenses.. I
was thinking about applying for the low income cell phone program in which I think is a wonderful program, one in which MY tax dollars are helping with also... There are alot of low income families in this country, what about the families with children who are recieving foodstamps, another program that I think is wonderful, do you feel that there innocent children do not deserve to eat? Well I think they are all wonderful programs, I agree that there are some people that probably do use the program, but there are alot of people who do work there butts off and still recieve these programs, so please to not judge these people until you walk a mile in there shoes!!!
heather try assurance they give you 250 minutes every month and for $20 you can add 750 voice minutes and 1000 text messages bot it dont get a signal in the matoaka area
Jessica

New York, NY

#45 Apr 25, 2012
U know who ppl that complain about what others get make me think of. Children first graders look there someone got something I didn't. I don't blame ppl for what they get are their ppl who abuse sure are. Always will always have ppl have away of doing that like years ago with army drafts ppl fled not to do it too. Let's blame on the high number of ppl on assictance being on not enough jobs gas prices being so high on our government. Y blame ppl you don't like the problem find away to fix it. All this huffing and whining gets so old. Let complain about big issues like teens having babies ,the drop out rate in school that even with a degree you can't find work. Let's talk about something besides this. About teens taking their life's for being picked on. That what all you ppl are bullies which means u voice this crap in front of your kids than they repeat it. They pick on someone for being poor or different. Shame on you same on you all. Take Care of your own homes and stay out of others and this world may get better. I bet all you " happy hard working ppl " have thing you would not want dragged through the mud. Get a life
lmao

Clay, WV

#46 Apr 25, 2012
Jessica wrote:
U know who ppl that complain about what others get make me think of. Children first graders look there someone got something I didn't. I don't blame ppl for what they get are their ppl who abuse sure are. Always will always have ppl have away of doing that like years ago with army drafts ppl fled not to do it too. Let's blame on the high number of ppl on assictance being on not enough jobs gas prices being so high on our government. Y blame ppl you don't like the problem find away to fix it. All this huffing and whining gets so old. Let complain about big issues like teens having babies ,the drop out rate in school that even with a degree you can't find work. Let's talk about something besides this. About teens taking their life's for being picked on. That what all you ppl are bullies which means u voice this crap in front of your kids than they repeat it. They pick on someone for being poor or different. Shame on you same on you all. Take Care of your own homes and stay out of others and this world may get better. I bet all you " happy hard working ppl " have thing you would not want dragged through the mud. Get a life
i agree most children would never know that they are poor if the well to do grownups didnt rub it in there face .they teach our kids to look down on there selfs before they have a chance to improve

Level 1

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#47 Apr 25, 2012
All Lifeline providers offer 250 minutes. They all sell extra airtime.

ReachOut Wireless offers UNLIMITED talk & text for only $26.50/mn. Safelink and Assurance are VERY high considering the limited minutes they offer at such a high price.
1 post removed
justagirl

Bellevue, WA

#49 Apr 25, 2012
I think the phone thing is crap, what did we do when we didnt have cell phones? We didnt need them then and dont need them now. I get assistance (food stamps and a medical card for my daughter) but I also work a full time job and Im going to school to be a CNA. I have been asked if i wanted the cell phone help, i decided not to since its not a necessity for me. I pay the $50 at att for unlimited everything (its wonderful). I dont want to get anything extra than what I need, I keep thinking "what if one day I really need that stuff"
Sad

New York, NY

#50 Apr 26, 2012
Not everyone chooses this to be poor of really have a choice. I have a friend who had his housd burnt down by some young retarded kids. He didn't have insurance and he doesn't really have any family to help him. He had no choice but to get help from the Dhhr. He gets this phone program and I think he deserves it. He worked all his life and paid taxes. It's sad cause he lost his job also when all this happened. He couldn't afford work clothes and his job didn't supply him any with out buying them from them. People love to kick people when they are down. Whatever happened to helping people. Life can throw anyone a curve ball and you might just find yourself ashamed and in the line at the Dhhr because it seems like they are the only place people can turn to when they are down and out of luck.
maggie

Bethlehem, PA

#51 Jun 23, 2012
f*** that!! yes i get welfare food stamps and yes have the phone i never read so much bull shit on this site its who the fuck gives u the right to place judgement againt someone for getting a free phone some like myself the phone comes in handle i use it for emergencies only and if i use it for other purposes so fucking what no one grows up saying geee when i grow up i wanna be on welfare and live in public housing my life may not be where i want it to be but its not where it used to be people that judge low income families should be ashamed they way u feel about us shows how what kind of a person you are and u might as well place judgement on urself doesnt say anything good about you i only hope that u will never have to go to welfare and apply for such benefits like myself even if u still feel the same i would not wish you well but inclosing im gonna let god place judgement on you not worry about people like u that downgrade people such as myself :)
fed up

Princeton, WV

#52 Jun 23, 2012
maggie wrote:
f*** that!! yes i get welfare food stamps and yes have the phone i never read so much bull shit on this site its who the fuck gives u the right to place judgement againt someone for getting a free phone some like myself the phone comes in handle i use it for emergencies only and if i use it for other purposes so fucking what no one grows up saying geee when i grow up i wanna be on welfare and live in public housing my life may not be where i want it to be but its not where it used to be people that judge low income families should be ashamed they way u feel about us shows how what kind of a person you are and u might as well place judgement on urself doesnt say anything good about you i only hope that u will never have to go to welfare and apply for such benefits like myself even if u still feel the same i would not wish you well but inclosing im gonna let god place judgement on you not worry about people like u that downgrade people such as myself :)
you would feel different if you were paying my cell phone bill like I'm paying yours!!
lori

United States

#53 Jun 23, 2012
maggie wrote:
AMEN TO THAT!!!!
Big John

Summersville, WV

#54 Jun 23, 2012
My attitude is that cell phones are a luxury, not a necessity. From my understanding this program provides a set amount of minutes, and the phones are refurbished, not I phones or anything. Im afraid it will be like everything else creates to help people, it will be abused and manipulated by deviant people for personal gain.
Freddie mcfreeloader

Danielson, CT

#55 Jun 24, 2012
I got my free iPhone the other day. I've never worked a day in my life and I get a massive check from the welfare peeps. Heck in nine months we are gettin a raise. Oops I mean havin a baby.
Ted

Charlottesville, VA

#56 Jun 24, 2012
justice wrote:
First of all ignorant morons!! This service has been around before Obama, 2nd of all you Floridians do not pay taxes for any resources and stop trying to knock people that are people just like you dumb prejudice children. Then, you want to go pray and ask God to help you or forgive you. God Bless you all and remember this, you Americans started all of this, If you stay out of our counties, maybe we will stop coming to yours. You all are as much as immigrants as we are. You want to be in other peoples business.....stay out of our countries and stop being ignorant. Then you call yourselves educated people...hah!! what a joke!!
I don't give a F@@@ what you call me. I don't want to pay for anything for you. Help your D#@$ selves.
my opinion

Hamlin, WV

#57 Sep 1, 2012
People need to just stop bely aching, being adult cry tits, worry about themselves, & just be happy & grateful for what they do have & this world would be alit better place, I mean really?! Are you that pathetic & have nothing better to do than get on this site? U must be some miserable loose loser who's all butt hurt cuz ur hubby left u for some sexy girl with 3 children on welfare & now ur alone & miserable ;p ummm...seen his while trying to apply for phone HAAAAHABAHAHAHA Get . A . Life!!!
and

Hamlin, WV

#58 Sep 1, 2012
:p pfffffffffttttt......oh & before u start bashing me....if u had ANY intelligence at all u would not b on here whining like a five yr old who's mommy wouldnt get her the barbie all the other well to do little girls like me have....you'd b complaining to someone who matters! And can do something about it...I have an att smartphone, expensive brand with shit ton on stuff on it & my mommy & daddy pays for it for my almost 30 yr old sexy with 4 kids rump Hahaha bet ur even madder now! So now type some more crap (cuz thats what it is) & go crawl in your corner cry some more, then go workbur ass off for my food stamps! And No it isnt steak tonight its shishkabobs bio+che$! Bahahaha....
Fyi

New York, NY

#59 Sep 2, 2012
and wrote:
:p pfffffffffttttt......oh & before u start bashing me....if u had ANY intelligence at all u would not b on here whining like a five yr old who's mommy wouldnt get her the barbie all the other well to do little girls like me have....you'd b complaining to someone who matters! And can do something about it...I have an att smartphone, expensive brand with shit ton on stuff on it & my mommy & daddy pays for it for my almost 30 yr old sexy with 4 kids rump Hahaha bet ur even madder now! So now type some more crap (cuz thats what it is) & go crawl in your corner cry some more, then go workbur ass off for my food stamps! And No it isnt steak tonight its shishkabobs bio+che$! Bahahaha....
First of all, I don't think I'd be bragging if I was almost 30 years old and so broke that my parents still have to pay for my cell phone. Second, from your earlier post, 99.5 percent of welfare recipients are far from sexy. Have you been in that place? Personal hygiene (including dental hygiene) isn't a very high priority for most of them. And third, I also wouldn't be bragging about having four kids (probably by four different men), whose daddies probably didn't stick around and that's why your parents are paying your bills.
roflmfao

Hamlin, WV

#60 Sep 3, 2012
Ppl like u ^ make other wvians look bad, there goes that genetic inbred wv gene thats in most of you, not all, just most, did I hit a nerve sweetie? Bet u would not be running that mouth like that if we were face to face, period. Sigh....for one, it is a gift, look that up, never asked for, just have parents well off who love their daughter :p jealous? Again...a gift, here...let me help you to understand, alot of people now adays have...it is called a family plan, ummm...duh! Bet u feel dumb, second, the last dentist I visited...said I have PERFECT teeth, never had braces, go every 6months for cleaning, never had braces, been told I hit the genetic lottery. 3rdly my 1St kid yes...I had @ 16, lil recklace, I was. 2nd & 3rd child was with my husband I was married to for 10yrs. With for longer & served a few tours in Iraq with the 82nd airborne division and is yr younger than I, which screwed him up far worse than he was, so...we seperated, eventually got divorced, and I am not broke, short on cash yessss but not broke, met a guy had my last child, still with him...so....u were saying? I also can assume like a blundering idiot, u my dear, are probably a fat, ugly, 5 chinned, spinster whos only friend is topix,who probably is sooo jealous right about now u want to caps lock me to death bahaha would u like to compare photos? Yes, I married out of hs,, so I have to go back to college, cuz again, I was holding down the fort & caring for our kids. So I get help with food but proves ya bitch over low income phone, ya bitch over family helping, wv needs more things to do to get these gossipy losers off topix, ur jyst a miserable unhapoy bunch, who need to worry bout u & yours then mayb u wouldnt b so sour cuz u caught ur last bf whacken to my pic :p
dont get offended

Hamlin, WV

#61 Sep 3, 2012
By this big bunch of ignorant jaw flapping inbred hillbilly loser cry +i+s that think they re above everyone else & need a good.lesson in thats whats wronv with this world always worried about everyone but themselves...I love when I hear someone complain, then find out they ended up getting on welfare few months l8r. I mean would u let your kids go hungry? or yourself, no! So, stop being lil babies, grow up, & find zomething a lil more INTELLIGENT (if you can) to debate over, stop making u look stupid & even worse the bad rep for your fellow eers lolol
btw

Hamlin, WV

#62 Sep 3, 2012
This is touchscreen and I didnt spelkcheck because I have already wasted to much time on this retarded post on this retarded site, a bunch of losers get on a gripe cuz they have nothing else to do but whine about what everyone ekse has or doesnt have and run off at the mouth unintelligently about things they have no clue on half the time guess cuz they think it makes them look intelligent but in all reality...sigh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 8 min MtnMan1982 13,837
Your beautiful 11 min YourGoodKarma 24
Keep a word, drop a word (May '12) 28 min Doug77 5,047
staci owens (Oct '10) 35 min PapaJames 11
A question for fat people. 39 min What aloser 34
Panhandlers 1 hr money velocity 6
Jesus Christ Spotted a Walmart 1 hr Eye Witness News 2
More from around the web

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE