Captain Ds in Princeton

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lol

Astoria, NY

#1 Feb 21, 2012
I was in there the other day and I heard some of the cooks singing the fresh prince of Bel-Air theme song, needless to say I was smiling my whole wait hahahaha

Anyone else heard these guys?
Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Feb 21, 2012
let me know when they start doing the Sanford and Son song...instrumental, but the best tv song eva!!
Karri

Altavista, VA

#3 Feb 22, 2012
That's my husband :) lol
I Seafood Differently

Parkersburg, WV

#4 Feb 23, 2012
Love Captain Ds. Go there all the time. They are always nice and kind. Good food too. They have LJS beat 6 ways to Sunday. Would recommend that everyone go there if you like sea food. Must admit that I did not know that they just added personal music service, sounds nice if the are in key. If they sing like they cook then its just a nice extra. Can't wait to go back.
No_No_Bad Dog_

Bluefield, WV

#5 Feb 23, 2012
I really liked Captain D's until my last visit. The coating on the fish was super super thick and the fish seemed awfully thin. Disappointing. Are they trying to imitate Long John Silvers?
snead123

Princeton, WV

#6 Jul 21, 2012
No_No_Bad Dog_ wrote:
I really liked Captain D's until my last visit. The coating on the fish was super super thick and the fish seemed awfully thin. Disappointing. Are they trying to imitate Long John Silvers?
Hey buddy here's an idea, if the food is so bad...GO SOMEPLACE ELSE AND EAT! It's whiny bitches like you that make the crappy jobs of the overworked and understaffed crew that much harder!
hmmm

Princeton, WV

#7 Jul 22, 2012
we also ate at captain d's too,food was not to good. portions have become much smaller, more breading and super greasy. the food is not what it used to be.:(
Sarge

Monroe, VA

#8 Jul 22, 2012
My favorite place too. But, last time we ate there the breading was THICK and the fish small also. Hav'nt went back in a month or so.
flojoe

Oakvale, WV

#9 Jul 22, 2012
The fish is about half the size it was a couple of months ago!! Probably won't be going as often. Shame!
lightening bug

Bluefield, WV

#10 Jul 22, 2012
Not a big fish eater, but if I'm going to eat it, then it has to come from Captain D's. The Princeton staff are friendly, and I like seeing the same familiar faces behind the counter, and in the back, because it makes me believe there are some dedicated people out there. I think they work very hard, and the success of the restaurant is because of their devotion and hard work. That is one of the reasons I continue to go there.
who really cares

Bluefield, WV

#11 Jul 22, 2012
lightening bug wrote:
Not a big fish eater, but if I'm going to eat it, then it has to come from Captain D's. The Princeton staff are friendly, and I like seeing the same familiar faces behind the counter, and in the back, because it makes me believe there are some dedicated people out there. I think they work very hard, and the success of the restaurant is because of their devotion and hard work. That is one of the reasons I continue to go there.
Well there has been some change in the staff at captain d's. Haven't been there since. I can't imagine the food or service is the same. Haven't got my nerve to eat there? They fired the general manager, I heard and whenever I saw him behind the counter I knew my food was going to be good.
actually

Altavista, VA

#12 Jul 24, 2012
who really cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there has been some change in the staff at captain d's. Haven't been there since. I can't imagine the food or service is the same. Haven't got my nerve to eat there? They fired the general manager, I heard and whenever I saw him behind the counter I knew my food was going to be good.
There's a reason he isn't there anymore. He kept digging a hole and eventually buried his self. The staff is so much happier now!
food for thought

Bluefield, WV

#13 Jul 24, 2012
I don't know anything about the manager, but if the staff is happier, one would think the food would improve. Not a big fish eater and I only eat there about once a month, but the last couple of times I was there, I did not think the food was as good. It was not bad, but it was not as good as it used to be. The pieces of fish did look smaller. My bigger disappointment was that Captain D's no longer serves the pecan pie or the pineapple cheesecake. Of course this was a corporate decision, the local manager and staff had no part in the decision. It may sound silly, but since I am not a big fish eater, one of the incentives to go to Captain D's was to get one of those two pies. The new ones they have are just ok and not that special. You can get the Hersey pie at the store or other fast food places. No one else had the pineapple cheesecake and it was reason enough for me to visit Captain D's once in awhile. It is odd that they stop selling something so unique, most places try to come up with something no one else had. Captain D's had that, then got rid of it.
who really cares

Bluefield, WV

#14 Jul 24, 2012
actually wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason he isn't there anymore. He kept digging a hole and eventually buried his self. The staff is so much happier now!
The staff may be happier but is the service as good. It always seems like the staff is more worried about there social life than waiting on the customer. I have seen them on cell phones when they should have been waiting on customers. I thought the customer should come first. I won't be back.
your mom

Amelia Court House, VA

#15 Jul 25, 2012
Hey who really cares, we won't miss ya! Your probably one of the morons that we make fun off anyway. Please do us a favor and never return. Thanks
who really cares

Bluefield, WV

#16 Jul 26, 2012
your mom wrote:
Hey who really cares, we won't miss ya! Your probably one of the morons that we make fun off anyway. Please do us a favor and never return. Thanks
How old are you, 12? You apparently need to grow up. It's people like me that help you have a job. With the way things are in this area you should be thankful the doors are open. Captain D's can go out of business just like any place, esp. if the service and food is not good. You should get down on your knees and thank the good Lord above.
your mom

Amelia Court House, VA

#17 Jul 26, 2012
That is the biggest load of horse*hit I have ever read. Are you really that f*cking vain to think that one customer will cause a business to shut down? I personally could care less if it did. And in case you haven't noticed we are pretty much always busy. So if you want to go somewhere else, I promise I won't miss you.
b!tch please!

Bryans Road, MD

#18 Jul 26, 2012
who really cares wrote:
<quoted text>How old are you, 12? You apparently need to grow up. It's people like me that help you have a job. With the way things are in this area you should be thankful the doors are open. Captain D's can go out of business just like any place, esp. if the service and food is not good. You should get down on your knees and thank the good Lord above.
B!itch please. We don't need your business. Your welfare check only come once a month. You can't keep a business running off of that now can you? Lmao go to long John silvers for your fish dumb as$
who really cares

Bluefield, WV

#19 Jul 28, 2012
[QUOTE who="b!tch please!"]<quoted text>
B!itch please. We don't need your business. Your welfare check only come once a month. You can't keep a business running off of that now can you? Lmao go to long John silvers for your fish dumb as$
[/QUOTE]
I will be praying for you!
who really cares

Bluefield, WV

#20 Jul 28, 2012
your mom wrote:
That is the biggest load of horse*hit I have ever read. Are you really that f*cking vain to think that one customer will cause a business to shut down? I personally could care less if it did. And in case you haven't noticed we are pretty much always busy. So if you want to go somewhere else, I promise I won't miss you.
I will be praying for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
word assocation (Nov '07) 42 min Theo 5,660
Redhead at mcdonalds 1 hr Rebel 666 2
Change 1 letter in the word (May '12) 2 hr Analog man 1,523
drop a word, add a word. (Nov '10) 2 hr Analog man 4,413
Last word + 2 (May '12) 2 hr Analog man 1,187
Keep a word, drop a word (May '12) 2 hr Analog man 3,052
PCH Executives play while employees struggle 5 hr all the money 72
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 17 hr Jason170 10,922
Princeton Dating
Find my Match